Why can't some girls admit to being sluts?

Ive met so many girls that deny it and gey mad about such things when there confronted about them why can't somegirls just accept there lifestyle and not hide it?guys are players and many don't hide it why can't girls?why are they scared to look likr whores just because they have more sex than most?So many girls say if I were a slut I wouldn't hide it why is this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i call them undercover hos its a careful dance of mental manipulation to get the truth out these women

What Girls Said 6

• Some girls may object to being called "sluts" or "whores" because of the connotations of the word. "Sluts" and "whores" do not get treated well and are not viewed positively. Even when substituting a different, less loaded word, the fact remains that we, societally, view sexual promiscuity as MUCH more permissible for men than for women. Additionally, individuals' definitions of what constitutes being promiscuous vary WIDELY. A woman might think she's not "slutty" for having slept with only four guys in her lifetime, whereas someone else might consider her "slutty" for having slept with more than one.

• the term player for men is viewed much differently then the term slut for a girl...no one wants to be called something offensive. Would you want people calling you scumbag all the time if you dressed in less expensive clothing because it was your choice to?...probably not seeing its your life and your choice to wear what you want..just like its their choice to do what they want.

• Because when women are called sluts it is meant as a insult. When a men is called a player it is meant as a compliment. Women have been practically programed to think that if they have had sex with numerous guys that means they are less of a person. People like to judge, it makes them feel better about themselves. I agree women should be honest about who they are, and if other people don't like it. That is there problem.

• Idk there's no shame in being a slut :)

• Define 'slut'

• Well ?

• Basically a she player.but one that denys it is just stupid that's what I'm trying to get at with this

• So what you want is for girls to walk around sayin "im a slut and I'm proud of it" ..hmm OK good luck in life.

• The difference is players are praised and sluts are demonized. It's not the same. It would be easy for me to say that if I were a slut, I would be open about it-- but the reality is I'm not a slut and so I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't hide it. Personally, I don't think being a slut is something to be ashamed of.

What Guys Said 4

• They like to have their cake and eat it too. The ones you're talking about, of course.

• That's exactly what I always say.

• Who doesn't?

• In the present culture the term slut is pejorative. There have been attempts to disarm this word of it's power to shame and judge like the "slut walk" event, but in general the connotation is still extremely negative. If you re-phrased the question as "why can't girls admit to being players?" it is objectively the same question without the inherent normative judgement associated with the word slut.

• idk..not sure if I have ever met a slut...(:

• They identify as women, don't they? What's the difference?