What's a normal sex drive for a woman?

how often should a woman desire sex? what is healthy and normal? is it bad if she very rarely desires sex? like once every few weeks?

it's probably because I was taking antidepressants. I stopped taking them last week but I still can't get turned on.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• I think it depends a lot on your monthly cycle. I finished my period a few days ago, and my sex drive is so high!

At other times in the cycle, I have no sex drive at all.

Apparently it's usually higher just before your period.

• Selected as most helpful

A healthy sex drive is 2 or 3 times a week at least, but it all depends on you and your partner. If your sex drive matches up with his, what difference does it make what normal is? If it doesn't however, you're probably going to start having some relationship issues, so you might want to start forcing yourself to think about sex more often to try to kick start your sex drive (read stories, watch p*rn, touch or kiss your guy, or yourself, more often, whatever it takes).

There could be a number of causes, and depending on your age it could be a hormonal imbalance that may or may not correct itself, so you may have to take more focused control of it rather than just waiting things to naturally happen.

If it's a problem for your guy, and you love him and don't feel repulsed by him (different issue) then give him a treat every now and then (HJ, BJ, or full sex) even if you aren't in the mood, you never know, it might end up getting you in the mood.

Depending on your age, it could also be that sex has just got boring for you, so try to spice it up a little with things you wouldn't normally do such as different positions and places, fantasies, role playing, sexy outfits, doing it in public, etc. Basically try to get some of the newness and excitment back that sex had when you were younger.

It could also just be your ability to separate yourself from your daily stresses while in the bedroom. Women are naturally set up to carry around the stresses of life and often can't turn them off the way men can (goes back to basic instinct, hunter vs gatherer type stuff). Try to focus on de-stressing around the time that you would normally be interested in sex (spa trip, bath, read a book, whatever) and that might do the trick.

Mismatched sex-drives is probably the leading cause of resentment and eventually failure in othewise healthy relationships, so it's certainly not something to ignore, or just accept. Plus sex is really good for your mental and physical health in all kinds of different ways, so the more you can do it the better you, and everything else, will be.

• Depends on a lot of things, how old you are, how busy you are, where you are in your relationship, etc, etc. We all go through times where we have sex two or three times a day, but then there's times where it's much less, even in a committed relationship. The average though, in a relationship, and you can look it up, is 2 or 3 times a week.

...and most married couples with kids, and jobs, and committments, etc., only dream of being able to do it that often...but at least they dream about it

• You really think 2 or 3 times a week is a healthy sex drive? If that's a healthy sex drive then what do you consider 2 or 3 times a day to be?

• did the doctor tell you to stop? If not, that's not a good idea, either.

• the pills were making me put on weight and I lost my sex drive, I don't like the side effects would rather do drug free things if my depression and anxiety gets bad

• he didn't reccomend it but said I could if I wanted to I was on the lowest dose

• once every few weeks seems a little infrequent. It's pretty normal for a woman in her 30's (which I assume you are) to want sex at least a few times a week.

Do you get aroused at all?

• I normally have sex with my girlfriend every time I see her, and that's almost every day.

• If it were up to us men, we would want women to have a sex drive 24/7 with a few breaks in between. Reality being what it is...

• most women think of sex less often than men do but there are some women who think of sex as much often as men do but its still normal. you are still a woman who has freedoms to fantasize anything. whether you think of sex often or rarely it doesn't matter. it is normal as long as you can control your lust and you still think of other things, not just sex.