What does the bible say about being Gay or lesbian?

What does the bible say about being Gay or lesbian? Are you going to hell?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• if you realize it is wrong, and you stop this act.. you won't go to hell. otherwise you will.before anyone starts grumping at me about this, when God created Adam and Eve in the garden.they lived perfectly, there was no sin. Satan in form of a snake came upon Eve and convinced her to eat from the forbidden fruit that (God told them not to eat from). Satan told her that if she ate the fruit, she would be like God, which was a lie. For them eating from the fruit, God sent them away from the garden, because they both disobeyed God. and now they were no longer sinless. God does say in the Bible that it is wrong to sleep with the same sex. It was never meant to be like that. God made it so a man could be with a woman.I do believe it is wrong. you can hate me all you want for standing up for my God.but, at least I know where I am going.read the Bible and study it, others will say that you won't go to hell. but, I think they skipped the story of sodom and gomorrah! where it clearly says that God hates that act. hope this helps!

• Lol misskiss you just judged her as well...Jenlovee - Yes, you are on the right path, I'm happy for you!Gene - you can't be born homosexual... seriously.like the other person said, it's free will. we just have to decide in the end whether we want to spend eternity with God or in hell.

• Genenowok, they aren't born like that. it's THEIR CHOICE. God gave us the free will to our choices, because then why would we have bisexuals? why do some people drink but some people don't like it? again it goes to it is OUR choice to like and dislike and to be or not to be.

• Yeah, but the question is why homosexuals are born that way? Can you condemn a person because he was born to be very tall because he has such genes or condemn a short person when he obviously was born with such genes? Wouldn't it be better for God to change the homosexual genes into normal ones BEFORE a person is born? And the problem would be out.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 46

• The Bible says homosexuality is wrong. If you are gay that does not mean you automatically going to hell. Whether you are going to heaven or not is between you & God. No one else has the right to condemn you, we are all guilty of something...

• dont listen to the bible. if everyone listened to the bible we'd be stoning to death girls for having sex before marriage and children for talking back to their parents, needless to say theree'd be a lot of dead people in the world if that held true. I'm suppose to be catholic, and technically I did the whole lke CCD thing but the bible is old news and needs to be adapted to our new societal norms, just like every other social institution has done.

• All this talk about how God supposedly created heterosexuals and homosexuals is confusing me.Maybe I'm the weird one or the odd one out, but I'm pretty darn sure my parents created me by having unprotected sex... And I'm also pretty darn sure no one forced them do it either, especially not some old fella with a beard being all "yo yo yo, multiply!"

• the bible doesn't have all the answers. sooner you realize that, the better

• A year ago I was asked this question at my school, & spoke on the matter to help some people out. This is some of what I said in response. Please ask 4 more info!I would like to state that I am not in any way attacking homosexuals. I believe in loving the person & hating the sin. The Bible takes a clear stance on homosexuality. Looks at God’s plan start at the very beginning.Gen 2:18, 24"The LORD said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." “For this reason a man will leave his father & mother & be united to his wife, & they will become one flesh”In Lev. 18 God speaks out against sexual sins, such as adultery & impure relationships. Vs 22 reads: " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable”The orig. translation of detestable means "to curse, to call God to witness & abhor." God is serious about his commands! It goes on in vs 20:13 to say, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."God is serious about the sin nature of homosexuality! I’ve heard the argument that, “that’s the Old Testament & we don’t follow all the rules in Lev.” If you want to take that point of view, the New Testament speaks out plenty against homosexuality as well. In Rom 1:26-27, Paul writes about the people who have turned to sin & immorality. “B/c of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their WOMEN exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women & were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, & received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion”Paul goes on in 1 Cor 6:9-10. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God”Morality is not just for those who respect and follow the law. 1 Tim 1:8-11-“We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It’s for people who are lawless & rebellious, who are ungodly & sinful, who consider nothing sacred & defile what is holy.….The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars….who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.” The Bible is the final authority for both belief & behavior, including sexual behavior.An acceptance of homosexuality is spreading through the church & corrupting the Christian faith. If we keep accepting sin, & changing the truths presented to us in God’s word, then we are undermining the entire foundation of our faith, that God’s word is HOLY.

• the bible's stupid..

• god made you the way you are and loves you the way you are so why would he care if your gay? The people who write in the bible saying that being gay isn't right aren't god. Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination to be gay but it also says eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10...so yeah

• The problem is that we are all born sinners. We are all decendants from Adam and Eve, the first women and first man every created, who sinned against God. Thus we have sin flowing through our bloodline. I understand it then when homosexuals say, I cannot help these sexual desires, God must have made me this way. The truth is God did not make any of us to be gay. Or to sin for that matter but because we are born sinner we have the desire to be gay, lie, murder, hate, lust etc. God is so Just, Holy, Righteous Good and perfect that he's not just going to punish and send to hell only criminals, but also the liars, thieves, blasphemers and adulterers at heart. This is how sin works, we have such desires to do evil because even when we were concieved in our mothers wombs we were sinners. But there are consequences for our sins in the bible we read: If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev 20:13 And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies who rebelled against me (God); their worm will never die nor will their fire be quenched. -Isa 66:24. This is serious hell is real and that's where we will go forever, if we continue on our sinful path and not turn away from sin and turn to Gods righteousness.God desire for no one to go to hell. (Hell was only meant for the devil and his angel to which the devils hell bent on keeping you from the love of God forever) But God is not going to force you to believe in him. God however does have the antitdote to save you from your sins which is like cancer in his eyes. To save you from his righteous judgement and wrath against your sins. God knows you can't be perfect. So sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for you. Why, because God is love! He is merciful. For God so loved the world he sent his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did NOT send his son into the world to condemn the world but to SAVE the world through him! John 3 Believing in Jesus means believing that we are wicked sinner and that only Jesus can save you from hell. God knows we can't save ourselves so out of his love for us he sent his son Jesus Christ to save us. We can't save ourselves through good works. We can't stop our homosexual tendancies or other sins. We can continue in disbelief but that does not mean that God is not alive and living now as we speak. All we can do is cry out to Jesus Christ (sincerily) and ask him to save us. Save us from hell, save us from our sins, and help us to know and obey God.Help us to see and receive his wonderful and blissfully, unfailable love that fills all the emptyness that plagues our hearts due to sin. God WILL reveal himself to you in miraculous way. It will happen just as you believe.

• The truth is Jesus Christ came on this earth in the flesh and lived a perfect sinless life while he was here. He willingly died and horrific death on the cross for our sins. His whole body acsended into heaven on the third day after his death. He did this so that we can be saved from hell, experience a loving relationship and fellowship with Jesus and grow to become more like Jesus. This is the message of the true gospel. Homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God because homosexuality is a sin (sin means disobeying God's plan for our lives.)Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? (heaven) Do not be decieved: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolater nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 1Cor 6: 9-10Some of you think that God judges the heart and if your loving and good enough you'll get to heaven. The truth is it doesn't matter if you emmulate the likes of Mother Theresa, this idea is not true at all because God makes it clear that not one of us human beings is good we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Good works will not make up for the sins that we commit in our lives. Jesus Christ never sin at all! until you can emmulate him fully and become a robot you will not get into heaven by good works. It does not matter if you've never murdered anyone or raped a person or even if your not a homosexual! All it takes is one sin to keep us out of heaven. It could be as simple as a white lie, or stealing a paper clip, using God's Name in vain (as in a cuss word) or even lusting. Jesus said if you look at a women with lust you commit adultery in your heart. Sin is sin, no sin is better than the other its all the same in Gods eyes. The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jer 17: 9.For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith...it is a gift from God- not by (good) works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8

• Very true :) glad someone knows the right way.

• you can't be gay... but you can be a lesbian.. =] (for real)

• Yup, you're going to hell by the law of the bible buddy. lols

• Totally going to hell.

• Totally going to hell :)

• you can be christian and gay. the only thing that's sinful about it is actually practicing homosexuality, not being homosexual. ultimately god decides who goes to hell,

• Look. I'm bi(leaning towards les), and I'm Catholic. I wouldn't be Catholic if it meant I was going to hell for being bi. I figure that even if it says that you will go to Hell for being gay/bi/les (Which it doesn't), that God doesn't really care. If you're a good person and you are pure of heart, you're going to Heaven! It is NOT a sin to be gay/bi/les! God created us in Her own image. Also, you have to take into consideration the norm of the time. You couldn't be gay/bi/les, but you could own and sell HUMANS!It really depends on what you believe, but as far as I know(and my parents were theology professors), you are NOT going to Hell! God love all Her creations! If you want to know more, you can message me, I'm always willing to talk!

• First of all...u seem to be referrin to God as a "her"... god created us in HIS own image. in case you haven't read the bible.... god totally destroyed an entire city only once. and that was for homosexuality. that's why homosexuality is called sodomism. face the truth.

• I know what my handy "Atheist's Guide To Burning Religious Fanatics At The Stake" says about that...

• I want to be your friend sooooooooooo bad.

• Hahahaha good girl!

• Ultimately only God knows your heart and soul, only God can judge. God created Eve for Adam so he would have a partner and not be lonly. Would God care if a man chose a man for a partner-only you can make that decision and decide what is right for your life

• Doesn't the Bible say God created us all? If he didn't approve of homosexuals he wouldn't have created them.

• the bible states that homosexuals will be stoned to death.Not my opinion, but the opinion of people millenniums ago. Fun, huh?

• I have researched it, thanks. Maybe you should before making comments.People are allowed to be gay. They aren't allowed to take place in intercourse. The result in doing so is above.

• As far as I know that has never been stated in the bible...try researching such an answer before posting it

• Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, the only people who did were mortal men with as many sins and imperfections as anyone else, so it's not surprising there is bigotry written into a text that has 2,000 years old. FYI: The Bible also says eating shrimp and lobster are abominations against God and that it's ok for men to sell their daughters. Safe to say, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. Jesus said to love your neighbors and to do unto others as they would do onto you. Funny how that gets lost in translation when people want to justify their ignorance.

• If you believe in God then I'm pretty sure that this is the common belief. From what I've read being homosexual/lesbian is a ticket straight to hell. However, I think religion is a load of bull so I don't know loads about it and strongly believe in loving whoever you want. Your gender/race/sexual orientation does NOT judge whether you are good person or not. While I don't believe in any God I do believe in being a good person and this is what I strive to be. I don't need some God to tell me what makes a good person and what doesn't.PS. Science for the win!

• All the monotheistic religions (Jews, Christians and Muslims) forbid homosexuality. In my opinion it is because the procreation was really important in that time, to allow races to survive.

• This video pretty much explains it all: link

• I feel that only GOD can judge, and ONLY GOD know's your heart.. I'm not sure what the Bible says entirely because I am still newish to my study of the Bible. I think if God wanted homosexuality, he would've made it like that in the first place. It was adam and eve not adam and steve.. etc.. Good luck and God bless

• I've asked myself this question many times, being a homosexual myself. I look at is like this: People are having sex outside of marriage & still expect to make it to heaven. Women cut their hair & pray without covering their heads & still expect to make it to heaven. Men cut the hair at their temples & shave their beards & still expect to go to heaven. Countless teenagers masturbate & still expect to go to heaven. I honestly don't know the true answer, but I just take comfort in knowing I won't be in trouble alone. =P

• Christ died on the cross for our sins so he could save us from burning in Hell. Repent and all will be forgiven

• Honestly I don't think God gives a damn about who you choose to be with. It amazes me how some people dwell on that issue as if there aren't bigger things to worry about. I doubt anyone goes to hell over it, after all the Lord needs to save room for real criminals like lying cheating, politicians, child rapists and serial killers!

• You didn't include animal tormentors into your list. Unless animals are not worth mentioning for you.

• If God's always watching us, we might as well entertain him;)

• Just read the story of Sodom and Gamorra in the Bible (that's where the word "sodomy" originates from). This might answer your question

• Thanks! I wonder if anyone actually read it.

• One up for you.

• I'm a Christian and bisexual. There are two different things going on that people get confused on: Same-sex BEHAVIOR and same-sex ORIENTATION. The Bible only speaks about behavior, never about orientation. (Yes! Look it up.) Our concept of an orientation didn't come up until the 1860s with Ulrichs in Germany. (Again, look it up.) To believe the Bible condemns something that wasn't discovered for thousands of years makes as much sense as the Bible condemning iPods.The Bible condemns heterosexual who act like homosexuals. As the Bible writers were assuming everyone was a heterosexual. Also, keep in mind the Bible condemns all sex outside marriage. Since there was no gay marriage in those cultures, any gay sex would be extra-marital and thus condemned. The Bible says NOTHING, good or bad, about actual lesbians or gay men. And for anyone who brings up Adam and Eve, I'll take you serious when you live without electricity, meat, clothes, houses, and friendships outside your marriage, like Adam and Eve lived.

• The bible says in Ecclesiastes 1:9 "there is nothing new under the sun" therefore orientation is not new under the sun as well as electricity, meat, clothes, and houses. Homosexuality is a CHOICE and addiction and IS preventable as well as being a sin and is repentable through Jesus Christ. And what do you think being homosexual is? It's not what you call yourself it's who you have sex with therefore it's the behavior not orientation.

• Your explanation is simply stupid. Why? Because true heterosexuals will never have any sexual desires toward the same sex. For that you should be either by or homo.

• In Leviticus 18:22, it says, "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." Also, Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

• Show Older
  • no you're not going to hell but it mentions it being an abomination in Leviticus.

• It says "a man who has sexual relations with another man as a man does with a woman both men should be put to death for they have committed a hateful sin and they have put death upon themselves"

• Snickerz it says it in Leviticus 18:12 and some other places in Leviticus

• Excuse my french, but where in the hell does it say that?!

• MANY people in the bible, the "good" ones had many many homosexual relations. If anything, the bible says it's ok! it likes to contradict itself tho, so honestly you can't base your decisions solely on what it says, you have to decide for yourself what right and wrong is. if in your heart you feel that your decisions are right then god sees that, he knows what's in your heart, and nobody can reprimand you for that.

• I didn't say that god sees the act as good I said that god sees your heart and your intentions.

• Yeah, so if a bull tormentor and torturer in Spain sees his sadistic acts as good then it's also good for God, right? Have you already seen a psychiatrist?

• God said he loves all his children equally.i know someone who's gay that discovered it when he was quite young andfought it hard.he went to church all the time, prayed to God to help him with those thoughtsto "rid" him of those feelings.he said he just couldn't get rid of them and he was scared because he was always taught, as I was, that it's always man and woman.he's the sweetest guy you'll ever meet and the most religious.he goes to church EVERY sundayyet, last time I checked, he was in a long-term relationship.one minute I want dr. pepper the next I want mt dew. that's how people are.one minute you'll be going to hell and the next you'll be going to heaven.everyone judges but the only judgement that actually counts comes from Godand we'll never know what that is.no matter what you are or believe he still loves you.

• No your not going to hell. Yes the bible says Man shall not lay with Man but God didn't write the bible. So how does anyone know what God really thinks about being Gay.

• Although God does say that he loves His word, the word is the Bible, if God loves it so much there must be a good reason for it.

• The bible says more about eating shell fish being a sin then it does about sexuality. You will not go to hell for being gay or a lesbian or bisexual or anything like that. Don't deny who you are because you're afraid to go against a majorly re-edited, two thousand year old book.God loves you, no matter who you love.

• That would fall into the sodom and gomorrah category.

• if a man is to lay with another man the way he lays with a woman, they have both are abominations.go to ur bibles index and look for homosexual.it doesn't matter what anyone THINKS its what the bible says. I don't think abominations go to heaven. that's just me. its wrong. and if you know its wrong, and you still do it, you go to hell.its quit simple.

• Oh but its okay to sell your daughter into slavery right?

• hell no. I don't think so. or maybe I didn't read that part yet,but I'm Protestant ^_^ booyah!

• The wanna-be true religion of Christ? Why would you call it that?

• It's not hard to find if you read the Bible. There are numerous references to homosexual behavior being forbidden in both the Old and the New Testaments.

• Ah protestant. the wanna-be true religion of christ.

• if god made us that way so its not wrong.

• MrSchneider: idiot

• Nobody is born gay.Sexuality is developed through infant stages to adolescence. Its not our fault you had a bad life. And sure, you can be "wired" a certain way, but one of the meaning of wiring something is being able to change that. Especially if those "wires" are causing undesireable emotions such as homosexuality.You can choose what you want and believe what you want. But when there is nothing to believe in but equal rights, you must life a dull and boring life.

• I guess you are putting your faith in that belief that there is no hell? For your sakes I hope there is not. That would be a terrible thing to be wrong about.

• Show Older
  • God created homosexuals; why would he hate them?

• God did NOT create them as homosexuals. I DO believe that being gay, lesbian, bi is a sin, and we are all sinners. ALL they have to do is repent from their sins, and don't 'whine' about how 'hard it is to repent from being gay' because that then makes you sound like a baby.

• Its not that he hates them, he loves everyone unconditionally, but he won't allow them into heaven. unless they go through purgatorybut then that gets complicated

• You can do what you want with free will, but if there is no discipline (believe in God and the praying for the forgiveness of sins) then you will not go to heaven.And you are taking the image too literal. When someone is in another persons image, it means personality and appearance. i.e. Spitting image of my father. That means I am like my father. I look and act like him. If anything deviates from this image (sin) and they don't ask for forgiveness then they cannot be forgiven.

• Show Older
  • Show More

What Guys Said 45

• I used to be a Christian, but eventually had to quit because its just not believable. We don't make decisions or take as fact anything else written thousands of years ago, so why do we make an exception with the bible? God doesn't exist so don't listen to the religious types threatening eternal punishment. They need to get a life, enjoy yourself as you are only here once!

• Hmmmmm... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors ass?

• It is clearly a sin to be gay or lesbian. It says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."That clearly says that if you are gay, you will not go to heaven. Also, in Romans 1:26-2726 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."That clearly shows God's "anger" towards the way that men have sex with other men, and how women have sex with other women, which means that God does not want us people to do this, and it is a sin.In conclusion, being gay or lesbian is a sin.

• Bible says that homosexuality is a sin. However it is no more of a sin in His Eyes than any other sin (stealing greed adultery etc.) all that matters is that you believe and love Jesus... after that He died for sins soooo... yeah

• well that depends on arminianism or calvinism, however I agree with you but there are somethings that people will still give into and people beat themselves up too much about it they have to know that the only way to be saved is through faith... not works

• That does not mean that it is okay to be homosexual. If you ask for forgiveness, you must mean it. You cannot say: "It does not matter if I commit this sin, because I can just ask for forgiveness later."In that case, you do not care whether you commit that sin, and you are not sorry about it.

• Ok, there are multiple sections in the bible that possibly reference homosexual acts, or stories that can be interpreted to be addressing them (example Sodom and Gomorra). I'm not going to speculate on the possible interpretations of them I'll just look at the couple of passages that are not a story but more a statement. In looking at these passages, I'm taking them as literal and not invoking what many believe as being common sense that must be applied. Applying common sense requires interpretation and that is where objectivity is lost.Lev.18:22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.Lev.20:13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.Taking that literally, a man having sex with another man would be interpreted as a sin. As far as committing a sin vs going to hell is concerned, I'm not well versed enough to speculate, let's just look at acceptance.Now this will be probably repeating what someone below mentioned but here's a few things I noticed about these: 1. This does not address homosexuality, this addresses simply the act of a man having anal sex with another man. It is somewhat limited in the homosexual acts that it condemns (example is felatio ok?) but that's another argument. It does not say anything about a man who has feelings or desires for another man. This suggests that if a homosexual couple lived their lives together committing to celibacy that would be ok.2. This doesn't say anything about lesbians or more specifically lesbian sex (A woman lie with woman as she lieth with man?). I'd be somewhat curious to see a feminist equal rights debate on this.3. It also doesn't mention consent. If a man raped another man, both have still committed the act. For those who have studied ancient greek and and roman wars, that was somewhat prevalent.Remember this is taking literally what is written. Many will argue that you have to apply common sense to how these can extend to apply to various circumstances. In doing so, most people try to invoke their own sense of what's right vs what's wrong. This is where interpretation comes into play, in which everyone has their own interpretation. Taken literally most people will agree that there's a few details that still need to be ironed out. Once interpretations are introduced, that's when everything becomes grey person to person. Personally I'm atheist and I take the view of "hell is where all the interesting people are."

• Why am I atheist? I was atheist long before I had even heard of Dawkins, and I haven't been following him so I'm not up to date on his alien theories about the world.I'm atheist because I see too many implausibilities with the "God created the universe" idea. However I did not reply to the question to start an atheist vs theist debate, I was merely trying to look literally at what the bible said about the subject of homosexuality. Note: Look up logical fallacies, specifically ad hominem.

• why? because you love dawkins and his alien theorys about the world?

• Marriage = 1 man+1 woman PERIOD!

• That's right! Anything else is unnatural, and definitely a sin. For it is written that homosexuals will not go to the Kingdom of Heaven!

• The Bible just says its a sin. That doesn't mean you automatically go to hell, because Christ saved you.

• I guess I wasn't clear. All I'm trying to say is that its a sin. But its not like its an unforgivable sin or something.

• your not going to hell for being gay but for practicing it. the way I see it, its a lot harder to get into hell than it is to get into heaven. i just hate f***ing homos. they're f***ing disgusting

• so I don't care. I'm not going to hell for it.

• Just be aware that it is a sin to swear.

• In the bible homosexuality is no greater or less than any other sin. Its a sin according to the bible and all sin can b forgiven can't it?

• Yeah but that does not mean that it is okay to be homosexual. If you ask for forgiveness, you must mean it. You cannot say: "It does not matter if I commit this sin, because I can just ask for forgiveness later."In that case, you do not care whether you commit that sin, and you are not sorry about it.

• The bible forbids homosexual acts not the nature of being homosexual. I've asked a (catholic) priest about this and he replied that homosexuality itself is not a sin however the acts are. The view is mainly that sex is meant for procreation and homosexual sex is not viable for reproduction therefore it is a sin. But to simply be homosexual and not carry out homosexual acts like sex is not a sin. THEN AGAIN, the bible states to not eat pork, lobster, and the old testament is a giant eating guide (as told to me by a jewish friend).The real answer would probably be if god exists in the first place, then he/she/it is the only one able to judge you therefore the real answer is unattainable until after you die. I figure that after you die you won't be too concerned about being gay throughout your life since that's already over and done with =)

• Straight question, here is the straight answer: 1Corinthians 6 verse 9-10: Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God. - Now, for all of those who are gay, lesbians or bisexual, if you keep this up, if you don't receive Jesus into your lives by repenting and turning away from your sins, (yes, it is possible to return to being straight) you will not inherit heaven. It is that simple. For those of you who think you are Christian and at the same time gay, lesbian or bisexual, then you guys are living the sourest of illusions. Its not because you have been born in a Christian family that it makes you Christian, nor because you go to church a few Sundays nor because you follow Sabbath or other festivities. Don't also think that because you think you are a good person or haven't murdered anyone or done anything bad you will go to heaven. That doesn't mean anything. Being born in a garage doesn't make you a car. The only way you can go to heaven is by first believing that Jesus died for your sins, second that you repent (ask forgiveness and turn away from them) and third, that you seek God and obey him in everything. Matthew 28 verse 19: (Jesus speaking) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. A Christian is a disciple of Christ. This is what the word Christian means. (Being baptized as a baby - (a catholic practice) doesn't mean anything. Don't think you'll be going to heaven just because of that. Like the aforementioned verse says, you have to become a disciple of Christ before being baptized, not the other way around. A baby isn't aware of what's going on, he or she didn't choose to be baptized and has no understanding of what the priest nor the people around are gathered for. As for Leviticus 18 verse 22, it is not valid anymore. That was the time of the Law. We are now in the time of Grace. (They're called the Dispensations) Grace means that God gives mankind a chance to repent and follow him and be saved from eternal damnation by the death and resurrection of his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. This Dispensation will be over when Jesus will come again. If you don't believe, repent and become a full-fledged disciple, you will stay on the earth while the ones who are true Christians will be taken to heaven. The ones staying on earth will have to deal with the Antichrist. Amidst all of this, those who hadn't received God will still be able to do so, but they will be put to death, because they won't be able to do anything (work, buy.. etc) without the mark of the beast -a computer chip, some say- (on their right hand or on their forehead). This is no joke. Take heed, repent and follow Christ. He is the only way.

• Old testament? Thou shalt not!New testament? Thou shalt not! (but if you repent and quit doing it, your forgiven.)

• According to the bible, yes, you are going to hell. "No man shall lay with another man as he would a woman." No, that doesn't mean I personally have anything wrong with anyone based on their sexuality (my gfs are mostly bi and my first kiss/relationship was with a boy). But the bible clearly says homosexuality is unpure and the result of an unpure act is being sent to hell.

• First off, we've all heard the Leviticus thing... as well as that the Bible has contradictory statements everywhere and that it even talks about gays in a different light in other places. I'm talking science only right now.SO...Idk if I can change anybody's mind on this, but all of today's scientific evidence seems to point to homosexuality as something that's biological and not something that you have a choice on.Btw, I'm not talking about Sigmund Freud's scientific evidence where he sat in a chair and theorized stuff about a bad childhood making you love your homeboys instead of your homegirls. I'm talking about scientific evidence that says that if your got certain genes and you don't get the right chemicals in the womb - chemicals which are completely out of the mother's control, btw - your brain will like your own gender.Homosexual behavior has been observed in over 400 specific animal species throughout the globe. Given what we know about the biological causes of homosexuality, it's likely that every animal species that sexually reproduces has homosexuals.Now I don't claim to know God (the Christian one or the other ones) personally or what his intentions were. But, assuming you were to take those earlier statements at face value (you're kind of deluding yourself if you're not btw), you'd logically have to kind of have to go down a track that would hit these stops:- Alright, so humans aren't the only organisms on this globe that are homosexual- Well, if creationism is true, God made us this way just as he made everything else...- Would he really mess up every single sexually reproductive species?- Alright, so maybe we should look at it in the "divine watchmaker" way...- So he created life and then just sorta let it evolve into what it is today- If homosexual behavior occurs in a vast number of animal species, possibly EVERY animal species...- How would homosexual genetics survive if they're so wrong for life?- Alright, let's go back to creationism, maybe he created gays for us to hate...- But he loves all those he created, right?- Even if he's going to make their living life a hell and then send them to hell?- Well, let's try it another way...You see where I'm going, right? If you want to assume that God hates gays, it can't be explained.I'm not denouncing religion or Christianity or society or anything. Society is what it is and for the most part, it's possible to explain why people act the way they do in society. I don't have the power to change it, only to accept it and try to be a good person within it.But it's up to you people out there to do the same and make the world a good place for yourself and those around you, even if it's just by treating people nicely and making them feel good about themselves. So if you can explain why people act a certain way scientifically and you can't explain why that act is wrong, why hate them? If you can't see a reason why God would hate them, why try to come up with one?

• Why does it worry you? Think about it: There are many religions that currently exist. Now imagine all POSSIBLE religions and all POSSIBLE forms of higher belief. The likelihood of Christianity actually being right is phenomenally small.*If you are gay or lesbian, knowing what the Bible says is not going to change what you do, so why worry about it?*Unfortunately, the statistical likelihood of my personal religion being right is EXACTLY as small, but I still think I'm more correct than most other people :-)

• John 3:16

• pretty much yeah...

• True, it is a sin.

• I don't know what the bible says, but what the bible should said is:Enjoy your life as much as you can, love who you wanna love, just don't hurt anyone, and live without the fear of hell. cause you only get one chance to live. For me that's the bible should be.*I'm atheist*

• it says 5:17 Thou shall not have sword fight in thine bathroom

• Doesn't matter what the bible says or doesn't say. Being gay is not something people can control about themselves, and no "benevolent" god deserving of worship or even respect would condemn someone for something beyond their control.

• You can control whether you are gay or not, and it is a sin to be gay.

• The bible is totallly specific on this subject. If you have a bible go to 1 Corinthians 6 vs 9.

• Totally. I agree. Being gay is a sin. People should stop trying to prove that it is not a sin, because it clearly says that homosexuals will not go to Heaven.

• Yes. homos are going to hell, according to the bible. it's very stupid. Don;t beleive the lies of the religious books. Atheism is the way. \m/

• when did christianity get more complicated than the 7 sins?

• If you are orientated towards animals, or children, or objects even...are you going to hell? I believe these things put a person on the road to hell, until they repent and accept forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Sexual perversion is sin, whatever form our depraved imaginations think up. God loves all of his creations but its our sin he has a problem with...thats my belief :)

• Who cares what the bible says...Its not exactly something you choose...If your gay your gay period.There's nothing you can do about it. There are so many gay and lesbian people out there who are good people and caring just like everyone else. I'm sure 'God' wouldn't overlook those traits. I have a few gay and lesbian friends and they have an awesome personality. So, don't say gay people are going to hell because that doesn't make you a good person, especially in this world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and If you think gays should go to hell then go ahead and think that...but no need to make it public.

• No one is born gay. If someone chooses to be homosexual, then they will not go to Heaven.

• Well, yes, technically the bible says that homosexuality is an abomination. But... Christians seems to have no problem ignoring vast swaths of the bible, so there's no reason that passage should carry any more weight than one telling you to punish children for their parents crimes or to not be jealous of your neighbor's slaves...

• I am as straight as you can get and I'm going to hell, if there is one (I don't believe in god), cause I'm an asshole. If there is a hell, it shouldn't be for gays/lesbians, it should be for bad people. But, if you do go to hell, look me up, we'll have a drink!

• The bible was written by men, not god or jesus, so their are going to be biased opinions and different outlooks.I believe that if you're gay because god made you gay then it's part of his plan and you're fine.But if you're gay because of your own choice (which isn't usually the case) then its a sin.I just believe in "love your neighbor as yourself", god made people the way they are for a reason, and he gave us freewill to make our own decisions.

• God "told" the people what to write.

• This is so weird I have a gay friend that is "Christian". I would say you will not go to hell gays are happy that is what matters now, but everyone is getting them angry, so the more angry the more gay people there will be. Screw "God".

• Think of it this way... Its just a book. A book that demands one thing. But what is it that you demand... Why not think for yourself rather then ask a book to tell you what's right and wrong.

• if "god" made you and he makes no mistakes then your fine

• The Bible says it's wrong. It's a sin just like a whole bunch of other stuff and that doesn't mean you're going to hell. You need to ask God to forgive you and move on just like everything else. Continuing to be in a homosexual relationship wouldn't be possible if you truly are a Christian and want to please God.

• God is a being of love... he wouldn't make a gay person and then decide to burn their ass in hell, for being the way he created them. (I say he, though I believe God to be beyond masculine or feminine.) Get real you born agains!

• doesn't the bible also state that God want each and everyone of us to be happy? I'm gay so why let what other people say and believe is true... after all God is the only one who can judge us in the end.

• I do have a negative reaction because your opinion is not based on facts, only rumors by people who WANT to believe being lesbian or gay is not inborn.And God's highest goal is not for us to be happy. God's desire is for us to have a good relationship with God which may or may not involve a lot of suffering.

• You speak the truth, only the one without any sin can cast the first stone. But I will speak my point of view unrelated to religionI believe that homosexuality is learned throughout the years of infancy to adolescence. and then reinforced through their behavior.I know I will get negative reactions to such "closed mindedness"but what is learned can be unlearned.

• Everybody has sin. What is the difference between being gay and peeing on your neighbor's car?

• Venial and mortalones serious and the other is not as serious

• Sin is sin... any type of sin you make is the same as the other.. If you committed murder or stole... You'd be thinking that murder is worse but its not, its as equivalent as the other... I see your point

• Jude 1:7: "Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." So yeah, homosexuals need to come to repentance in Jesus Christ. But I wouldn't say they're 'going to hell' just like that, God will surely speak to them about their sinful living and give them a chance to repent.

• Dude, that's because those people were raping each other and trying to rape angels! Of course God is p*ssed! Wouldn't you call angels "strange flesh?" It's not referring to gay sex, specifically.

• The Bible strictly forbids and condemns any and all homosexual sex ACTIONS in both the Old and the New Testaments. I don't believe there are any references to same sex gender attractions. It would be kind of unfair if it did, because for many homosexuals I don't think they chose to be attracted to the same gender.

• The old testament is firmly against it.I don't think Jesus ever mentioned it one way or the other. He did, however, have a track record of being very accepting of people who society considered immoral or unsavory, such as mary magdalene.

• Jesus was accepting and loving BUT He always told people to stop sinning. See John 8 as an example of the adulterous woman: Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

• LOL They can always use Hetracyl: link BUT:Don't take it seriously, it 's one of the most succesful HOAXes on the net: link Site Evaluation > Hoax SitesHetracil.com - Hetracil.comhetracil.comHetracil is the world's most widely prescribed anti-effinate. [contains fictitious information]Hetracil.com has a traffic rank of: 4,622,311Company Info for hetracil.com:Church of the Subgenius (another well known hoax!)420 BroadwayNew York, NY10010USPhone: +1 212 777 3456jpkones [at] yahoo.comEdit hetracil.com contact info...Site Stats for hetracil.com: * Hetracil.com has a traffic rank of: 4,622,311 (up3,626,104) * Speed: Very Fast (97% of sites are slower), Avg Load Time: .3

• If you read the Bible, there are lots of references that suggest Jesus is gay.

• Why would you even think that? If the Bible even says that it is a sin to be gay, since Jesus was a man of no sin, he would not have been gay.

• Haha.You are so homophobic it's hilarious. Why would you suggest God exists if you can't even provide evidence?As for ratings, of course it would be the most disagreeable. I said something all Bible thumpers would disagree with.I find it funny that you have the time to come around and just bash people's answers like you have nothing better to do with your life. Did you bookmark this question? Loser.

• Hahawhy would you suggest something if you can't prove it? and can't even provide evidence on where you found the "suggestion"?Your whole post is dumb. And please don't bring any argument fallacies in here. Why wouldn't one assume he is straight? as it is the correct way according to the bible. Adam and Eve my friend, not Adam and steve.you have to have the lowest rated post on hereyou sir, Are the village idiot.Hope that makes mom proud to see her son so educationally stupid ^^

• Show Older
  • Show More