What does the bible say about being Gay or lesbian?

Are you going to hell?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you realize it is wrong, and you stop this act.. you won't go to hell. otherwise you will.

before anyone starts grumping at me about this, when God created Adam and Eve in the garden.

they lived perfectly, there was no sin. Satan in form of a snake came upon Eve and convinced her to eat from the forbidden fruit that (God told them not to eat from). Satan told her that if she ate the fruit, she would be like God, which was a lie. For them eating from the fruit, God sent them away from the garden, because they both disobeyed God. and now they were no longer sinless.

God does say in the Bible that it is wrong to sleep with the same sex. It was never meant to be like that. God made it so a man could be with a woman.

I do believe it is wrong. you can hate me all you want for standing up for my God.

but, at least I know where I am going.

read the Bible and study it, others will say that you won't go to hell. but, I think they skipped the story of sodom and gomorrah! where it clearly says that God hates that act.

hope this helps!

• I admire you for standing up for your beliefs.HOWEVER, if you want to get technical you can't say "i know where I'm going" because no one does.God said, "thou shall not judge" and yes I judge all of us do.we all look and someone and we're like "oh no ma'am go home and change"or something but as far as getting into heaven and hell?there's only one person that can judge that and, in my belief, that's God.i believe it was very unfair that you judged that person.i don't think you meant to but you did

• Genenowok, they aren't born like that. it's THEIR CHOICE. God gave us the free will to our choices, because then why would we have bisexuals? why do some people drink but some people don't like it? again it goes to it is OUR choice to like and dislike and to be or not to be.

• Lol misskiss you just judged her as well...

Jenlovee - Yes, you are on the right path, I'm happy for you!

Gene - you can't be born homosexual... seriously.

like the other person said, it's free will. we just have to decide in the end whether we want to spend eternity with God or in hell.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 47

• please if god can forgive people for killing his only son he'll forgive the lez and gays lol. not like they're do anything wrong just loving their fellow man. Sorry I know a few and I'll defend them to the end as long as they don't ask me to join them lol

• Lol why would someone down this?

• Okay, It was God's will for his son to die on the cross. It was God's plan for Jesus to die on the cross for OUR SINS!

I agree with MrSchneider!

• Wow you people are way to serious about this. everyone sins at some point and god is forgiving you can't help who you love. If there's one thing I've learned from my friends you don't choose to be gay. when you fall love it will always surprise you who ur heart chooses and there's nothing worse then fearing that because you can't make ur heart love another u'll go to hell my friends have to believe they'll be forgiven because they can't change their hearts. You love who you love end of story

• A year ago I was asked this question at my school, & spoke on the matter to help some people out. This is some of what I said in response. Please ask 4 more info!

I would like to state that I am not in any way attacking homosexuals. I believe in loving the person & hating the sin. The Bible takes a clear stance on homosexuality.

Looks at God’s plan start at the very beginning.

Gen 2:18, 24

"The LORD said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." “For this reason a man will leave his father & mother & be united to his wife, & they will become one flesh”

In Lev. 18 God speaks out against sexual sins, such as adultery & impure relationships. Vs 22 reads: " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable”

The orig. translation of detestable means "to curse, to call God to witness & abhor." God is serious about his commands! It goes on in vs 20:13 to say,

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

God is serious about the sin nature of homosexuality! I’ve heard the argument that, “that’s the Old Testament & we don’t follow all the rules in Lev.” If you want to take that point of view, the New Testament speaks out plenty against homosexuality as well. In Rom 1:26-27, Paul writes about the people who have turned to sin & immorality. “B/c of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their WOMEN exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women & were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, & received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion”

Paul goes on in 1 Cor 6:9-10. “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God”

Morality is not just for those who respect and follow the law. 1 Tim 1:8-11-“We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It’s for people who are lawless & rebellious, who are ungodly & sinful, who consider nothing sacred & defile what is holy.….The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars….who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.” The Bible is the final authority for both belief & behavior, including sexual behavior.

An acceptance of homosexuality is spreading through the church & corrupting the Christian faith. If we keep accepting sin, & changing the truths presented to us in God’s word, then we are undermining the entire foundation of our faith, that God’s word is HOLY.

• God created homosexuals; why would he hate them?

• Have you read the bible?.......

but I guess these days... God doesn't make us in his image, we make Him in our own.

that's why everyone's ideals and views on God and religious doctrine is so FLEXIBLE.

• Its not that he hates them, he loves everyone unconditionally, but he won't allow them into heaven. unless they go through purgatory

but then that gets complicated

• God did NOT create them as homosexuals. I DO believe that being gay, lesbian, bi is a sin, and we are all sinners. ALL they have to do is repent from their sins, and don't 'whine' about how 'hard it is to repent from being gay' because that then makes you sound like a baby.

• hell no. I don't think so. or maybe I didn't read that part yet,but I'm Protestant ^_^ booyah!

• Ah protestant. the wanna-be true religion of christ.

• It's not hard to find if you read the Bible. There are numerous references to homosexual behavior being forbidden in both the Old and the New Testaments.

• The wanna-be true religion of Christ? Why would you call it that?

• Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, the only people who did were mortal men with as many sins and imperfections as anyone else, so it's not surprising there is bigotry written into a text that has 2,000 years old. FYI: The Bible also says eating shrimp and lobster are abominations against God and that it's ok for men to sell their daughters. Safe to say, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. Jesus said to love your neighbors and to do unto others as they would do onto you. Funny how that gets lost in translation when people want to justify their ignorance.

More from Girls
42

What Guys Said 45

• LOL They can always use Hetracyl: link

BUT:

Don't take it seriously, it 's one of the most succesful HOAXes on the net:

link

Site Evaluation > Hoax Sites

Hetracil.com - Hetracil.com

hetracil.com

Hetracil is the world's most widely prescribed anti-effinate. [contains fictitious information]

Hetracil.com has a traffic rank of: 4,622,311

Company Info for hetracil.com:

Church of the Subgenius (another well known hoax!)

420 Broadway

New York, NY

10010

US

Phone: +1 212 777 3456

jpkones [at] yahoo.com

Edit hetracil.com contact info...

Site Stats for hetracil.com:

* Hetracil.com has a traffic rank of: 4,622,311 (up3,626,104)

* Speed: Very Fast (97% of sites are slower), Avg Load Time: .3

• [The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.]

King David is presented in a homosexual situation: 1 Samuel 18:17,21

Jesus:

"lying close to the breast of Jesus" at the Last Supper (John 13:23,25, 21:20).

The churches commonly accept that feeling homosexual is no sin but homosexuals acts are considered sins (by churches, NOT by me, but I'm Bible reading atheist )

• This is right. It speaks specifically of the actions. For many people, I don't think their sexual preference is completely under their control. Interesting question then, is it the preference that makes you homosexual or the homosexual acts that make you homosexual? I would think that it is same sex activities that actually make one homosexual. So as long as the woman doesn't begin fornicating with other women she should be fine from a religious standpoint.

• Murderous feelings don't make anyone a murderer, unless he gives in to them.

But elsewhere it is written:

"Thou shalt not desire they neighbours wife" : there it is not even the intent, but the mere desire that is considered "wrong."

(my neighbours wife is pretty (Oh May, my soul!!!)

Reading the Bible (or the Qu'ran for that matter) you can always find sentences proving the contrary of other sentences.

• The bible in and of itself is contradictory.

i didn't choose to be straight.... get my meaning?

question though: I'm not one of those thinking jesus was gay, but didn't he sleep wit prostitutes?

• First off, we've all heard the Leviticus thing... as well as that the Bible has contradictory statements everywhere and that it even talks about gays in a different light in other places. I'm talking science only right now.

SO...

Idk if I can change anybody's mind on this, but all of today's scientific evidence seems to point to homosexuality as something that's biological and not something that you have a choice on.

Btw, I'm not talking about Sigmund Freud's scientific evidence where he sat in a chair and theorized stuff about a bad childhood making you love your homeboys instead of your homegirls. I'm talking about scientific evidence that says that if your got certain genes and you don't get the right chemicals in the womb - chemicals which are completely out of the mother's control, btw - your brain will like your own gender.

Homosexual behavior has been observed in over 400 specific animal species throughout the globe. Given what we know about the biological causes of homosexuality, it's likely that every animal species that sexually reproduces has homosexuals.

Now I don't claim to know God (the Christian one or the other ones) personally or what his intentions were. But, assuming you were to take those earlier statements at face value (you're kind of deluding yourself if you're not btw), you'd logically have to kind of have to go down a track that would hit these stops:

- Alright, so humans aren't the only organisms on this globe that are homosexual

- Well, if creationism is true, God made us this way just as he made everything else...

- Would he really mess up every single sexually reproductive species?

- Alright, so maybe we should look at it in the "divine watchmaker" way...

- So he created life and then just sorta let it evolve into what it is today

- If homosexual behavior occurs in a vast number of animal species, possibly EVERY animal species...

- How would homosexual genetics survive if they're so wrong for life?

- Alright, let's go back to creationism, maybe he created gays for us to hate...

- But he loves all those he created, right?

- Even if he's going to make their living life a hell and then send them to hell?

- Well, let's try it another way...

You see where I'm going, right? If you want to assume that God hates gays, it can't be explained.

I'm not denouncing religion or Christianity or society or anything. Society is what it is and for the most part, it's possible to explain why people act the way they do in society. I don't have the power to change it, only to accept it and try to be a good person within it.

But it's up to you people out there to do the same and make the world a good place for yourself and those around you, even if it's just by treating people nicely and making them feel good about themselves. So if you can explain why people act a certain way scientifically and you can't explain why that act is wrong, why hate them? If you can't see a reason why God would hate them, why try to come up with one?

• The Bible is a big book of contradictions. What it says in one place it usually gives a different position on in another place. Generally it contains negative comments towards homosexuality, but it also says any individual wearing clothing of 2 different materials should be stoned and that slavery is normal and acceptable. Another favorite of mine is where it says that anyone touching the skin of a pig should be killed. Maybe that one isn't so bad, it would cut down on the NFL monopolizing my tv set. It is best not to put too much stock in exactly what the Bible says.

• You have to bear in mind the origin of the Bible. It was assembled by the counsel of Mycena by the order of a Pagan Roman emprer for the purpose of quelling the tensions among the many religions of the day. By decree, all romans had to become Christian. The books of the bible were selected from the many books circulating at the time to best meet those needs. Many more books existed, but were not included.

• Wow all good stuff to look into, thank you

• If we do consider the origin of the bible for certain aspects we should apply it the same way with all aspects of life...I personally believe, being a liberal homosexual christian, that the bible is incomplete and has flaws and we are supposed to se it as a bridge that has gaps and not as a whole. If we believe it is complete and has no gaps or flaws then we have all sinned and are still sinning as we speak and are not repenting of everything that we have sinned.

• Who cares what the bible says...Its not exactly something you choose...If your gay your gay period.There's nothing you can do about it. There are so many gay and lesbian people out there who are good people and caring just like everyone else. I'm sure 'God' wouldn't overlook those traits. I have a few gay and lesbian friends and they have an awesome personality. So, don't say gay people are going to hell because that doesn't make you a good person, especially in this world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and If you think gays should go to hell then go ahead and think that...but no need to make it public.

• No one is born gay. If someone chooses to be homosexual, then they will not go to Heaven.

More from Guys
40