Can a gay guy like a girl, or even possibly love her?

ok, my gay friend, is amazing, he's so sweet and thoughtful, we have only known each other for a few months, and there just seems to be something there. He's all the time telling me I'm beautiful, and he loves me, keep in mind we have only known each other for a few months. He has told me that it takes years for him to tell someone he loves them. But that I'm something special. He is out of town for a few months, for school, but I called him the other night crying because some guy broke my heart, but he told me "I must go to bed my sweetheart, and I want you to go to bed as well, I want you to think of me, imagine that I'm holding you tightly while your sleeping. Good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I love you." he has even picked out a song and called it our song its Exeptional by JoJo. My friends swear he likes me, but I keep thinking and telling them "He told me he was gay" I just don't know! Help me please?

Most Helpful Guy

• See what happens.

I don't believe he loves you in the way you want him to love you, but he seems to love you well enough.