Is it bad to lose your virginity at the age of 17...?

just wondering because I'm 17 and a virgin and all of my friends are not virgin. Basically I'm the only virgin in the group. So do you think its a right age to lose it or to wait...?

P.S. I have a boyfriend that I really trust and I wanna lose it to him but then at that same time I don't...!

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no special age that you're supposed to have sex for the first time, nor any code of conduct for such things either.

Here in America, we've had it drilled into our heads that right up until 11:59PM on the day before your birthday you're still an irresponsible, immature child who has no right to make their own choices, but once that clock strikes midnight, you're a full grown adult ready to face adult problems and adult life. Personally, I hate that philosophy.

If you want to have sex with him, by all means go for it, I recommend using protection but that's also your choice. But don't do it just to "fit in" or be part of the group, do it because you want to and with the person you want to. This is something nobody has a say in but you.