Do you know anyone who was falsely accused of rape?

When I was younger my father was falsely accused of sexual assault by the daughter of a family friend / neighbor. She accused several other men in the neighborhood at the same time. Fortunately for everyone involved she never filed charges, but the accusations were common knowledge in the neighborhood. Even after she got sober (she was an alcoholic at 15 and we learned later that she had some serious emotional issues) and confessed that there was never any sexual assault, friends and neighbors never treated my dad the same. I think the same was probably true of the other men she accused.

I was a teenager at the time and was aware of the situation, but didn’t really understand how it impacted my dad until years later when I began thinking about it and talking with my siblings about it. I never talked with him about it before he died but in retrospect it was clearly very hard on him on multiple levels. There are people who were close friends before the accusations who shunned him after that. They didn’t even come to his funeral when he died, even though they were still neighbors.

Do you know anyone who was falsely accused of rape? If so, how was his life changed? Were the changes permanent or did they pass with time?

Thank you to all those who have shared your stories. Much appreciated.

To those women who are trying to make this question into something it's not, please save your comments for another time. I asked about people who have been falsely accused of rape. Please, lets talk about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes

There was a football player at my high school a few years back who was nationally ranked, state ranked and had various scholarship offers from a few different southern/SEC schools. Aside from that, he was intelligent and was getting academic scholarships. He had sex with a freshman, they got caught, she cried rape and he was arrested and everything was taken from him. He was a football star but her cries of rape instead of admitting that it was consensual caused him to lose everything.

Then there was this guy who was a twin of a dude at my school. He and this girl were caught having sex in a classroom and she cried rape. Needless to say, there were cameras that had been installed and they found that it was consensual and he used no physical/emotional force on her. If you google his name, some racist white pride board(randomly) decided to make a post about him and his picture is still up there. The thing is, he wasn't charged and no one really responded to the post but like 1-2 other people. But his pic is still there and whenever an employer googles him it will be there forever.

Then I know there were a few football players from Rockwall years back who were falsely accused.

Not to sound rude, but most of the football players at my school basically had this rule to never sleep with a white girl, because white girls are often the first to cry rape in our area. It's just a social rule they've come up with

• Report

Wow. Interesting (and sad) stories. Thanks for sharing them. The one about the guy's pic breaks my heart. I would have a really hard time with that.