• Ask
  • myTake

Do you know anyone who was falsely accused of rape?

When I was younger my father was falsely accused of sexual assault by the daughter of a family friend / neighbor. She accused several other men in the neighborhood at the same time. Fortunately for everyone involved she never filed charges, but the accusations were common knowledge in the neighborhood. Even after she got sober (she was an alcoholic at 15 and we learned later that she had some serious emotional issues) and confessed that there was never any sexual assault, friends and neighbors never treated my dad the same. I think the same was probably true of the other men she accused.I was a teenager at the time and was aware of the situation, but didn’t really understand how it impacted my dad until years later when I began thinking about it and talking with my siblings about it. I never talked with him about it before he died but in retrospect it was clearly very hard on him on multiple levels. There are people who were close friends before the accusations who shunned him after that. They didn’t even come to his funeral when he died, even though they were still neighbors.Do you know anyone who was falsely accused of rape? If so, how was his life changed? Were the changes permanent or did they pass with time?

Thank you to all those who have shared your stories. Much appreciated.

To those women who are trying to make this question into something it's not, please save your comments for another time. I asked about people who have been falsely accused of rape. Please, lets talk about that.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• YesThere was a football player at my high school a few years back who was nationally ranked, state ranked and had various scholarship offers from a few different southern/SEC schools. Aside from that, he was intelligent and was getting academic scholarships. He had sex with a freshman, they got caught, she cried rape and he was arrested and everything was taken from him. He was a football star but her cries of rape instead of admitting that it was consensual caused him to lose everything.Then there was this guy who was a twin of a dude at my school. He and this girl were caught having sex in a classroom and she cried rape. Needless to say, there were cameras that had been installed and they found that it was consensual and he used no physical/emotional force on her. If you google his name, some racist white pride board(randomly) decided to make a post about him and his picture is still up there. The thing is, he wasn't charged and no one really responded to the post but like 1-2 other people. But his pic is still there and whenever an employer googles him it will be there forever.Then I know there were a few football players from Rockwall years back who were falsely accused. Not to sound rude, but most of the football players at my school basically had this rule to never sleep with a white girl, because white girls are often the first to cry rape in our area. It's just a social rule they've come up with

• Wow. Interesting (and sad) stories. Thanks for sharing them. The one about the guy's pic breaks my heart. I would have a really hard time with that.

What Girls Said 10

• No I don't know anyone personally but I heard one of my brother's friends had that probably but it was just a rumour. I think it sucks when a guy breaks up with a girl that was underage and she tries to press charges eventhough they were boyfriend and girlfriend,just because she's broken hearted then he becomes a sex offender even if they were at the same school and one or 2 years apart!I don't don't anyone personally I just stories,and can only imagine.

• There was a guy in high school who was accused of raping one of my former best friends. I privately suspect that she's lying, just because I know what kind of person she is.She's very easy, and is completely willing to have sex with anyone. ANYONE. No force necessary. Terrible thing to say, but it's the truth.She's a pathological liar. She's always made up stories to get attention. She's always pregnant, or adopted, or something, lol. The situation makes it obvious that she was lying. She snuck this guy in through her bedroom window, like she did countless other guys, one night and her dad walked in on them having sex. So in order to cover up her own ass she said he was raping her.

• I don't know of anyone who was falsely accusedI know of a guy who was accused by several different women over a period of time.he eventually was convicted of raping a child, so that makes me believe the other accusers were right.

• What's with you women who want to make this about rape? Rape is a terrible crime but it's not what this question is about. If you cannot step down from the female victim soapbox long enough to comment on the actual question, please do not comment at all.Jeez!

• Show Older
    • Haha wasn't me.

• Haha of course it wasn't.

• I dated a guy who was accused by his cousin that he had raped her. Whether or not it happened, I don't know. The case continues today.

• yes. this guy I went to high school with ended up getting drunk with a girl and had sex with her. she got pregnant and got scared so she told her parents she was "raped" it turned out into a huge ordeal and he's now sitting in jail... I feel so bad for him and his family. she drank, he drank, they fooled around, it happens at parties. that's why they invented condoms and birth control.

• Why are people down voting these responses? I don't get it!

• I know of a guy who raped a girl but no one believed the girl until they did some tests on her body and found signs of faint bruising that matches rape bruising as well as his sperm in her and internal damage from being forced.

• Not what I was asking about, but thanks anyway.

• At least in part, she had women who falsely accused men to thank for people not believing her.

• Yes I and the girl who accused him should die. Just saying. I don't even want to talk about it because I will get really mad fast.

• A guy I went to high school with got accused of rape by a girl in my class. He was her date to a party and she accused him of raping her, and she actually penetrated herself with a broken beer bottle and she had to have surgery. The guy was in his senior year and he ended up getting kicked out of school. Finally the girl admitted he didn't even touch her, but his reputation was ruined.

• Wow. Why did she cut herself with the broken beer bottle? To look like she was assaulted?

• Show Older
    • I still feel really bad for him, he hasn't been the same since.

• That sucks! Sorry to hear it.

• Not that I know of but I hate people who falsely accuse anyone of such atrocities. It makes it really hard for those of us who have honestly been raped to come forward. I want to beat the sh*t out of those people who make false rape accusations because they don't care how it affects anyone else, such as the people that are falsely accused and true rape victims.

• I agree. Obviously those who are falsely accused are seriously hurt, but victims of rape are indirectly harmed as well because their credibility is compromised.

• Exactly. I have no respect for these people. I don't care if they have emotional issues or whatever, it's no excuse. Some rapists have emotional issues and that is no excuse either.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, and when we found out she lied, her reputation was destroyed.

• not personally, but it happens

• Girl in high school accused a guy of raping her at a party. They were both fairly drunk. She was the instigator, so she wanted it at the time. Then when she sobered up, she decided that she didn't want to do it. I'm hoping it turned out well for that guy. That was sometime just before graduation time, so I have no idea what occurred after.

• Yes. It destroyed his reputation but ultimately the girl came out and said that she lied. All after his family spent well over $100,000 in legal costs. He spent a year in jail awaiting trial too. It's a horrible thing and the laws need to be changed.

• What I don't understand is why this would get a down vote. Women can accuse anyone of rape and the men are guilty until proven innocent. It's time and money consuming and then they can just drop the charges with no prosecution for a false claim. It's wrong.

• I don't get the down vote either. I'm sure it was one of the girls who responded anonymously with a story about someone who was raped. They felt threatened because their precious female victimhood was being encroached upon. Jeez!Thanks for sharing your story.