Is it true that guys can fall in love with a girl only if there is sex in the relationship?

Bonus Question: Guys if you are in a relationship with a girl who is a virgin & not ready to have sex would you be patient with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand that you aren't ready for sex, and that's okay. You shouldn't do it until you are ready.

Having said that, you need to understand that deciding not to have sex, like any other decision, has consequences. The most obvious one is that the majority of guys aren't going to want to date you. You're going to have to seek out the few who are willing to have a sexless relationship, or at least, wait a long period of time before having it. That's going to be MOSTLY very religious guys and a few asexuals.

You are an adult, and the guys you are going to date are adults. The vast majority of adults of either gender expect sex to be a part of a romantic adult relationship, and for most, if sex is off the table, then so is the romantic part, and you're really just FRIENDS. For most people, there is no point in having a romantic relationship that doesn't include sex; it's like going to out dinner and only being served a glass of water. It's frustrating and pointless to most.

Again, I'm not telling you to change, I'm telling you not to expect OTHERS to change either. It isn't fair or reasonable for you to expect other people to go without a key portion of a relationship if they clearly don't see it as an optional thing for them. Understand that they are the norm, and you are the exception. So, as an outlier, you have to accept that you have very limited options.

If I decided that I would only date girls who are 5'4", white with freckles, blue eyes, jet black hair, and 32D bra, well, I am free to make that decision, but I can't really complain when I find that those girls are quite rare and take a ton of time and effort to find. I can either accept that it will be hard work to find them, or I can change my requirements. What I *can't* do is expect girls to transform themselves into my personal ideal somehow, because I can only change myself.

As far as your bonus question: I would wait up to 6 months for a girl who was a virgin and wasn't ready on Day 1. Is that "being patient"? That's for you to decide. In my opinion, that IS patient, but you might disagree. It's definitely something we would talk a lot about before we even got together, though.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 12

• Making love is important for the relationship to grow in unison, but most guys would wait until she is ready, because at the end of the day, having sex is more of a physical connection with women, where with guys, its an expression of how they feel about the individual, so guys will wait and prove their worth of her, if not, then that girl has one hell of a loser as a boyfriend,x

• 1. Is it true that guys can fall in love with a girl only if there is sex in the relationship? - NO

2. Guys if you are in a relationship with a girl who is a virgin & not ready to have sex would you be patience with her? - YES

• Im not sure if that is true for everyone. I think it depends on how differently someone might make a connection.

Me personally I think that sex is a part of intimacy and love. It's sharing a part of yourself.

• Personally, I have to fall in love with the person before I have sex.

However, there are very few guys out there that are honestly like that, & then there are allot o guys who like to have sex.

Also, there are allot of guys who have become very attached (but not addicted) to sex. For them, its a biological need. If thy go without sex, then the craving grows. Sorta like smoking.

But whether or not this is involved with falling in love depends on the guy's value system, & yes there are plenty like this.

• Sex, or the possibility of sex in the future is a really important part of any romantic relationship. If you want love without sex, get a dog.

It's harsh, but most guys who fall for a girl want to have sex with her. If that's out of the question for the forseeable future, I fear most will be hurt and wind up moving on regardless of their feelings.

So what is it you want from the guy? Friendship? If you want more than that but not sex, you may be disappointed.

More from Guys
7

What Girls Said 1

• Sex is important. If he's had it before, I'm kicking his ass to the curb. I want a virgin. And I'm waiting for marriage.