Vagina smell..Girls! Help please!!

I have had a weird smell coming out of my Vagina. Not nessicarilly a bad smell, just very strong. A lot of discharge (or whatever) is coming out, and its a milky color. Sometimes kinda clumpy.Does this ever happen to you? How do you fix it?I shower every day and wash down there, but about half an hour later it comes back.I change my underwear 3 times a day, and after a few hours it smells really strongly again!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Get those thin daily panty liners and wait a while to see if it goes away...your body discharges at varying degrees and consistencies through each cycle, and as you go through life, it can change. If it doesn't go away, see a doctor. Don't get yourself paranoid or diagnosing yourself based on what people say online, especially with your genitals, as they vary so greatly from person to person.

• its kind of sweet. But, some of the come is like, milky white, and clumpy.

• Itdoesn't sound like anything to be worked about. There's always a time in my cycle where I have a bit of that, and it stops after a few days...as long as the smell isn't unpleasant and. You aren't itching or hurting anywhere, I wouldn't panic :]

• Thank you! That was wicked helpful. :-)

What Guys Said 3

• The doctor just left.I'm his dog but put your keyboard against your belly and I'll try to diagnose you. link Nevertheless, you might prefer to visit your own doctor because he Internet is full of dogs like me.

• That sounds like vaginitis. It's either a fungal or Bactiral infection. You need to go to a doctor.

• Or it could actually be chlamydia.. But then it would also burn when you pee and you might have some stomach pain too.. That's an std.. So if you havnt had sex don't worry about it

• Vaginal discharge as menstrual cycle is normal, but you have found out is something different. If you had unprotected sex during last about a month, there are chances of some infection of sexually transmitted disease. You have described it as not having bad smell, just very strong, milky color and clumpy. It directs me to doubt for Candidiasis where it is Thick, white and clumpy. It is a 'Yeast infection' and you need to take advice of your gynecologist or family physician. It also indicates inflamed cervix. He / she will prescribe you some antibiotics. Other disorders all girls need to take care are; Trichomoniasis where discharge is Copious, green, frothy, Gonorrhoea – discharge is Creamy white or yellow but odorless, Chlamydia where discharge is Purulent and malodorous and in Bacterial Vaginosis discharge is Thin, grey or green but having fishy odor. All this disorders need advice from your gynecologist or family physician. Treatments are not difficult, but you should not ignore the danger.

• Okay. Thanks. I mean, its just a strong smell, and it varies from day to day. It tastes sweetish...is that bad? I am on antibiotics, and have been on them a while, and it started the other day

• Oh! And I have never had sex. That's probably important information

• Question related to health and our reproductive systems need physical examination, laboratory tests and advice from gynecologist or family physician. I hope you have consulted them.

What Girls Said 7

• You might have a yeast infection,Bacterial vaginosis,it may be that it is close to your period (sometimes discharge and smell changes around this time),Its quite possible that you PH is off.Your PH can be thrown off by your period,foods,perfumes,harsh detergents etc.Instead of asking questions here,because none of us are doctors so we cannot give you an accurate diagnosis,see a doctor. There are so many different causes for things to be thrown off with your vagina.So it would make a lot of sense for you to go to your gyno so that you can be properly tested.That's the real solution.We can sit here and speculate,but its better safe than sorry.

• Aggreed with second part of your answer.

• Sounds exactly like thrush. All women get it at some point to varying degrees. You can get it from sex, or diet, low immune system, and many other things. If you're on the pill, a course of antibiotics will almost always cause it.A lot of the time it'll go away by itself, but if it doesn't then your pharmacist can give you stuff over the counter that will fix it overnight. If you're hesitant about going into the drug store then just call them ahead of time. They can tell you how much it'll cost, what it does etc, and you can also ask them to put a box aside for you to pick up later that day. Pharmacists are used to selling these kinda things and they're pretty discrete about it.

• I get that! It happens a lot when being around water a lot! However, I don't know how to get rid of it either; it's gross! But if I found out how to get rid of it... I could share with you!

• It could be a yeast infection.

• Does it smell like yeast? Like you could make bread out of it? It sounds like thrush! You can get Canesten Duo for that, it's a cream and one tablet. Works a treat.

• No, just strong. It does not smell bad, or yeasty at all. And its kind of sweet. But, some of the come is like, milky white, and clumpy.

• Hmm, it's the 'clumpy' bit that sounds like thrush. Maybe not though...

• That happens to me sometimes. I think it's normal, and just happens sometimes randomly throughout your cycle.

• I used to have a similar problem...just a fairly strong smell but I knew it wasn't an infection, STD, or anything of the sort. What I found has helped a bit is wearing a thin liner everyday...helps! Along with that is Vagisil wash odor eliminator. Give that a try..hopefully that will control it a bit! If it continues and only gets worse, simply contact your doctor and I'm sure she can help you :)