Girlfriend changed her mind

We've been together for 9 months now. On our 8th month anniversary she started hinting that she wanted to start having sex. Finally 3 weeks ago she starting dropping very obvious hints, and I caught on and agreed. We started planning everything. My roommates are leaving town for 3 nights and 4 days so we decided that sometime during those 3 nights would be perfect. We started looking into birth control and other forms of contraception, she even asked me to go out and buy condoms which I did. 3 nights ago she told me that she was having second thoughts. She said she doesn't want to have sex due to family reasons but she knows she is ready and wants to lose her virginity to me. I told her to take her time and when she felt ready, we would. She's still coming over for those 3 nights, but we agreed on not having sex. She also started birth control 2 nights ago "just in case" but still wants to hold off. She's fine with making out (which we started doing one month into our relationship), touching, sleeping naked together and everything else aside from penetration. I will wait for her to be ready but I have been wanting it for awhile now.

Will she probably change her mind and want sex? Or do most girls who think like this end up keeping their virginity? I just got back 3 months ago from a 4 month long work related trip, but she said that me returning had nothing to do with her decision to have sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably just needs a little more time and wants to prove to herself that it really isn't due to your extended absence and everyone is differ. I know a couple who have been together for 2 years before they had sex and are probably one of the healthiest relationships I've seen. I lost mine after dating my boyfriend for 5 days and we have an amazing relationship and are probably getting married once he finishes his deployment. Everyone and every relationship is different and she could very well change her mind again and have sex with you one of those nights. Just keep reassuring her that you'll wait and it's up to her then she'll more than likely come around to having sex.

• This is what I am hoping is true. I have always been by her side, and have been by her even at her worst. I don't "need" to have sex with her, but I feel that it would strengthen our relationship.

• Ok well be safe and just do as much as you are BOTH comfortable with.