Why do you think younger people are more open to being Gay or Gay marriage?

Question says it all.

Also I would like to know if people disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Because societies change and opinions shift, often starting with the younger generations. You know, in 1948 when California legalized inter-racial marriage in that state, 90% of American's were opposed to inter-racial marriage. And over the years, the general populous has obviously changed its mind on that.

That's why I disagree with the comments that allowing gays to marry is a sign of an "anything goes" attitude. I don't think it's fair to dismiss the situation in that way. It's an issue of people seeking basic rights. And I'd add that STRAIGHT people (and I myself am straight) leaping into marriage, yielding a 50% divorce rate . . . that to me seems like an "anything goes" attitude towards love and marriage and cheapens the institution of marriage for than a man and a man or a woman and a woman who love each other wanting that love to be recognized does.

• Wow, I found that really interesting.

• A man and woman in love. Marriage is not necessarily just for children (btw, there are plenty of orphans in foreign countries that would love to get adopted.) but for love, to be able to take care of your loved one when they are in need. The privileges legal marriage gives. In that aspect, love, inter racial is the same as gay. Both were discriminated against. both were in love.

• PEOPLE!! What does it matter?! How does it harm you if two men or two women, or a man and a woman of different color get married?! Your life will not change at all, there is no harm in it.