Would you have sex with a woman on her period?

Last night when my boyfriend and I were getting intimate I said "I'll be back I have to take out my tampon and get a towel." His expression changes... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• As with most things, period sex can follow a routine. Because of work and personal schedules, we generally have sex and the same time(s) each week.

My lover has a hygiene routine that involves warm water rinsing her Vag and between her lips every time she sits on the toilet. When she is on her period, she adds a warm water douche, which means any fluid (and there may be plenty) is fresh and has not had time to ferment and cause an odor. When she comes back to the bed, she brings back a dark maroon beach towel and we have sex on it. I don't finger her internally or do oral while she is on her period but lotiony/flat hand clit play, always excellent foreplay for her, is on the menu.

The act of sexual intercourse seems to accelerate (but not add to) menstrual flow. After we have sex, our "groin" areas may sometimes look like crime scenes, other times much less. We go to the shower and the towel goes to the hamper. Once you get used to it, the Eww factor goes away because you know what to expect.

Yes, she is at least as sexual during her period. Yes, it reduces cramps and may speed the conclusion of her period.

I am totally opposed to anal intercourse. But during hand sex, I may tease her anus (first knuckle) while I am fingering her vag and thumbing her clit. It seems to add to her arousal.