Will he ever grow up?

My boyfriend and I have been together on and off for four years. We have been living together now for over a year. I love him very much but he is addicted to World of Warcraft. I don't mind video games in the least, but he can't balance his real life with his WoW life. He will be 25 in December. He works 16 hours a week, doesn't have a high school degree, and rarely helps with the housework. I am in my last semester of full-time school. I work 30 hours a week and do the majority of the housework. Despite my busy schedule, I have to work around his WoW schedule if I expect to spend any time with him. He'll promise me his raid will only take 5 hours, but then it always ends up taking 7 or 8. If I question him about it, I get sworn and yelled at. I'll be graduating in December and I'm worried he will always be this big kid who throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. I need him to be more responsible, ambitious, and adult-like. We've had MANY serious discussions which always result in empty promises. I love him so much and see an enormous amount of potential in him, but potential only goes so far and I'm sick of fighting with him. I don't know what to do anymore. Give him an ultimatum, just leave him, or wait for him to grow up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Does he know how you feel? If he does, then leave him. An ultimatum won't work. If it comes to that, you've lost. And if he does change, it will only be temporary. It's time to move on. He obviously doesn't feel the same way for you as you do for him, or have the same goals and aspirations. Obviously you're not a priority.