Should I be worried about my girlfriend using Facebook applications?

My girlfriend has a Facebook page with applications that she uses all of the time; Flirtable, Meet New People, And Are You Interested? I have no reason to think she is cheating on me, and she says she never has, and never will. But whenever we aren't together, she usually gets on her FB site and uses these applications. I am a "friend" on her site, so I can see her activity wall. I know when she is on there. She has never tried to hide it from me. Is this just harmless fun? I don't want to make a big deal out of it, if she's just doing it for entertainment, or to make new friends; and I don't want her to think I'm suspicious of her, or don't trust her. She is very sensitive to that. BTW, she has making friends, and networking as goals on the page. She doesn't say "dating" as a goal. Help me out here? Is this just harmless fun? Do girls play these things for entertainment? Is it even possible to cheat on Facebook by doing these applications?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well I have a myspace page with a truth box application and a draw on me one. I have a boyfriend but I don't put the would you date me as one simply because I know he wouldn't like it. I believe in do unto others as you would have done unto you, and I know even if it was just for fun it would secretly bother me a little. But as long as she isn't meeting other people and such I would say it's harmless it's nice to be told you look pretty once in awhile you know? I guess to know you're still desireable by other people besides your mate. I think you should be fine though.

• Desiring constant reassurance from other guys, when your already with one only goes to show you have; low self esteem, and have no self confidence.

• I guess the whole confidence thing is a factor, I'm not sure some people like extra attention no matter what you do, I tell my man he hot all the time but he says he doesn't get it and I guess that doesn't make sense all the same I think it's just harmless fun, if not unhealthy.

What Girls Said 3

• I've been married for over 20 years. I love and trust my husband completely and know he would never cheat on me. But I also know that he likes to spend time on various social sites like FB. I'm okay with that. In a strong and trusting relationship, each person needs to give the other person freedom to be and to and express themselves in various ways. I'm always there for my husband (and he's always there for me), but we want and need to interact with other people too, online and offline, pretty much every day. So I'd say this -- unless you have some good reason to be suspicious, trust your gf and take her at her word....

• My boyfriend did the same thing. Like the are you interested things and stuff. And to me, I think that's just unacceptable. She's with you and doesn't need to be adding things like that. I'm not a jealous person [which I may come across as] I just believe in trust, communication and honesty. I said something to my boyfriend about those applications he had and he deleted them and said I had nothing to worry about. If it really bothers you then you should say something. Chances are, she's probably not cheating on you, but I know what you mean about how you feel confused and stuff. Just mention to her that its a little weird and stuff and see what she says.

• I wouldn't worry about it I use facebook all the time. If you are worried till her to put her status to in a relationship. She may be trying to hear from people from high school or middle school to see what going on there. How about you you said you have facebook how many are on your list and how many are on her list

What Guys Said 2

• Don't allow her too. Seriously. My EX did it, and I flipped I told her to stop it. She did for 2 days, added the applications again. I had her password, I signed in on her account (screw all the haters) and she had something like 17 guys messaging her within the past 4 hours. And it wasn't just Hey what's up. It was more like "Hey Baby what's up. " "Nothing much wish you were here laying with me ; )" "Yeah I would, what do you like" "You have a nice body. ". I mean if you find that fine go ahead.

• You can meet all kinds of people on things such as Facebook but the one thing that I don't like about it, is that it is difficult some time to figure out who is for real. You can find millions of photos under any search engine, save them to your hard drive and then upload them on sites such as Facebook or MySpace with a bunch of fake material about yourself. I wouldn't worry that she's meeting genuine people because odds are she isn't. And if she is then I'm sure whoever is on the other side of the line is thinking the same thing I sometimes do, IS YOUR WOMAN FOR REAL?