What's with the dumb thing people say about money not making you happy?

With a lot of money I could self-fund my own political campaign and have a strong chance of winning, I could travel extensively and meet lots of people which increases the chance I can meet some I like and who likes me, have a nice boat and since I love the sea so that would be nice, not have to worry about a lot of problems which obviously cause lots of stress since they are financial in nature.

So really... maybe it's true for SOME people like if you're rich and miserable, but it's a dumb saying and I don't think it's true in most cases.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that money makes life easier and therefore takes a lot of stress out of it but the true happiness is from something else... People living in poverty tend to have higher divorce rates than others and tend fall in a rutt, like a revolving door downslope because money is a big issue. People that are wealthier dont have to worry about ends meeting therefore less stress causeing more happiness! You have to be happy with life cause if you aren't, no amount of money will make you happy (thats my moto)

Most Helpful Guy

• Rich people say it because they're bored with their money
    Poor people say it to make themselves feel better because their poor

If a rich person is miserable that muthufucker is doing it wrong

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• Simple money destroys people , my entire life I had money people know as soon as they see me because of how clear my skin is and my clothes plus the way I talk. For my entire life my friend's never last I just get people that like to use me for their own purposes , everyone shot me down and it really doesn't matter in which situation I present to be in because they all think I am a spoiled brat and am unable to show care for other's ! Most of the time the person with money has to worry the rest of their goddamn life who they can trust and even to make a family is hard if u ever knew the list of people that try to pass one above your head thinking they can marry u and win money for free it's highly pathetic !

• I think the root of happiness is not money, but it can help you gain amazing experiences and further your happiness.

• Exactly I mean I rather just cry in my Ferrari then a crowded bus

• It definitely does contribute to happens.

What Guys Said 2

• You sound Happy already.

• They mean that money itself does not inherently bring one happiness.