Was anyone ever aware that the whole stereotypes about Latina women being passionate and quick-tempered originated from?

famous Mexican actresses (during the 1930s-1940s), Lupe Velez and her movie, Mexican Spitfire?

For those who don't know who Lupe Velez was, she was a very famous Mexican actress who was a big name in both Mexico and the US. She had a reputation of being genuinely crazy in her personal life and most of her characters she casted as, are basically a reflection of her real-life stereotypical personality. For those who wonder where the h0rny, short-tempered Latina stereotype originated from, it all originated from her (Lupe Velez).

Yes

There's that little history lesson for you GAGers, lol.

• Yes
  • No
  • Others
    Vote C

12
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• No, thanks for letting me know!

What Guys Said 2

• I always thought Spanish women were like that, my friend from spain is a male version of this stereotype.

• The stereotype existed for centuries before she was even born.