Song lyrics in Facebook status? Ugh....

I just want to know why girls feel the need to post stupid song lyrics in their Facebook status' so much. Most of the lyrics they put in there are only *slightly* what they are really trying to say, and are often confusing as hell.Example: This girl I'm dating says she's over her ex and hates him, then she posts this big long thing in her profile starting with "I remember how we used to make love" or something... and I was like "Whaaat...?"I grabbed the whole thing and put it into Google and it came out as lyrics to a song, but wtf?It left me confused as he11 until I looked it up.My friend said it was "Just song lyrics" and didn't mean anything, but I see it as far from harmless. I've seen a lot of girls doing this pretty often and I have to ask...WTF ladies?Why do you put this kind of crap in your status?Don't you realize the kind of misunderstandings this can cause?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sometimes it really is harmless but ill be honest with you:Sometimes it really is about getting a dig in at the person its directed to. I will post a song lyric, usually a mean one (ha) with the intention that the person its directed at will read it. I know that there is a good chance he will know its about him and its kind of my way of saying "f*** you" without really being confrontational. If he confronts me, I can either make him feel like an asshole and be like "why are you so self centered, its not all about you," or I can just be honest and tell him, hell yeah its about you and then talk about why I'm so p*ssed. I prefer to go with the honesty portion.Its a mind game most of the time, its immature, but anger makes you do stupid things.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, it's HER status, not yours. If you would simply take the time to ask her why her words and actions seem to be inconsistent with what you are seeing then the confusion would be resolved. But you're not really doing the situation justice by taking a status message and running with it the same as you are accusing her of essentially not doing justice to the situation by posting the status in the first place. But the bottom line here is that...it's HER status.

• Well it's what people relate too... Either that or she just likes the song

• A guy friend of mine does this too. This was already mentioned but it's a form of expression. I list the lyrics to a song in my messenger status or on here because it might describe my mood, the song might be stuck in my head or it describes my emotions. It's not meant to confuse anyone but if you are really curious then simply ask the person.

• lol wow I didn't know doing this would cause such confusion! well, most girls only put up a lyric in their status because they like it. but sometimes girls put it up just to express how their feeling at that moment. like I do that once in a while, instead of typing ugh I'm so mad, I'll just get a lyric from a song to show that, no big deal lol. I wouldn't worry about it if I were youuu.

• sometimes it does mean something other times it could have a good memory to it or we want to get the song out of our heads

What Guys Said 1