What if my Ex didn't call for two weeks after the break up is there still hope or should I move on?

We just broke up yesterday and everyone tells me to wait for a couple of weeks and he will call, but what if I waited and he didn't call should I gave up on him or should I send him a message asking about him?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I know this sounds hard, but you really should go about your merry way because it's safe to say that he is. Guys are just not deep, analytical thinkers like girls when it comes to dating and relationships. Your guy probably thinks about you, but he's going about his life and you should too. But as for phone calls, let him call you first even if it takes 2-3 weeks. If you call first and especially too soon, you will probably come across as needy, clingy, and desperate. Guys like it when a girl stands on her own two feet and carries on as if their world doesn't revolve around them. It makes a guy want to give that kind of girl a second glance. Again, give him time to make the phone call first and if you make the decision to call him, wait a few weeks! Right now your emotions are raw so it's good to step back for a while and let the dust settle so to speak. But you need to be prepared for the possibility that if he doesn't call after about a month, it means he's moved on. But I do wish you happiness. Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should move on. I don't wanna sound harsh, but don't wait around on a guy that may not be doing the same for you. Guys will contact you if and when they want to. You sending him a message will make it look like you're still attached to him, which might not be a good thing if he still wants to be in single-mode. At the very least don't contact him, fill your time up with something else, and if he calls he calls.

• A book I read said you should mail him a handwritten note saying that you agree with the break up. Then you are suppose to say that you had a fortunate even happen to you and you will share with him sometime and the future. Then you add that you both need some space right now and to take care. Then, your not suppose to have contact with him for like a month. I got this all from an ebook. Don't know if it works or not. I tried the note and my ex text me within 2 hrs. But I mess up and keep contacting him. Why did you two break up? How long were you together?

• Thanks for ur reply xness, we have been together for more than two years now, he left because he is not ready for commitment although I didn't push him or ask for such a thing but what really hurts that I know that he loves me but most of the time I don't really understand his actions he has a mind of his own even his family and friends admit that he is very moody although he is a kind and nice person.