Should you give up if you text a girl and don't get a response within a few days?

So, I met this girl at a bar and she ended up asking me for her number and saying we should go out again sometime. I also got her number after she got mine..I promptly waited 4 days until I texted her and asked her if she wanted to go out..she had said she was with a friend of hers who just had surgery and needed to take care of her so she couldn't that night but we continued talking for about an hour and a half. She said she would be done with her semester at school in about 2 weeks and we could go out then. I texted her a week after the first text and said hey what's going on? and I've received nothing from her's only been 2 days..but how long do I wait..and do I text back in say another week to say what's up?