Why is it that men in America have become so lazy?

Not all men, but a lot,not to mention some men are becoming more sensitive.is something in the water?

So all you men who commented out of anger, what do you think women in america have become?
When I say "sensitivity", I mean you gys take everything so damn personal...not like "i'm so sensitive be casue I care about your feelings, and I wanna write you a poem becasue I wanna show my feelings outright like a pussy".

Most Helpful Opinion

• Flouride! we're all gonna die!

oh, and Dihydrogen Monoxide! We're all gonna die harder and get even lazier before we do!

okay, in all seriousness:

I don't think modern/current culture places enough/much emphasis on the value of hard work and perseverance. Instead, we are encouraged to get away with doing as little as possible, and play Xbox and Wii with our free time. Okay, so that was a bit stereotypical, but I do think that there is not enough emphasis on what it really means to work, and work well; instead we are just inundated with entertainment and other things that encourage us to be idle. Not that there is anything wrong with entertainment in itself, not at all. But it seems now, very few people look down on our doing as little as possible, or being lazy in today's society, unlike in past generations, where, though there were still definitely lazy men, most were taught the importance of working hard, and making a reputation/image for yourself, one that you can be proud of.

Don't get me wrong, there are still some seriously hard-working guys out there, and props to them. But laziness doesn't have quite the societal/social stigma it used to, I don't think.

And I'm not saying I'm not lazy either. That's something I struggle with sometimes, but I'm working on it. You can appreciate yourself and your work so much more when you work hard at it.

As for sensitivity, I think that's another cultural shift, one that is not [necessarily] a bad thing. With the influx of mass media and the rise of creative businesses, I think men are encouraged to be (or at least not looked down on for being) more of a sensitive, artistic, poetic type. (You might be interested in looking at Jung's Four Archetypes of a Man, something, at least, I found to be very interesting. ( link about a third the way down the page.) I suppose this would contrast to more traditional and/or stereotypical careers and roles of men that involved less creativity and sensitivity and more use of math, science, and their own physical labor. (Just a very broad, perhaps stereotypical view, though.)

Well, I hope that offered some insight, and if not, at least an opinion worth reading.