• Ask
  • myTake

Why is it that men in America have become so lazy?

Not all men, but a lot,not to mention some men are becoming more sensitive.is something in the water?

So all you men who commented out of anger, what do you think women in america have become?
When I say "sensitivity", I mean you gys take everything so damn personal...not like "i'm so sensitive be casue I care about your feelings, and I wanna write you a poem becasue I wanna show my feelings outright like a pussy".

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Flouride! we're all gonna die!oh, and Dihydrogen Monoxide! We're all gonna die harder and get even lazier before we do!okay, in all seriousness:I don't think modern/current culture places enough/much emphasis on the value of hard work and perseverance. Instead, we are encouraged to get away with doing as little as possible, and play Xbox and Wii with our free time. Okay, so that was a bit stereotypical, but I do think that there is not enough emphasis on what it really means to work, and work well; instead we are just inundated with entertainment and other things that encourage us to be idle. Not that there is anything wrong with entertainment in itself, not at all. But it seems now, very few people look down on our doing as little as possible, or being lazy in today's society, unlike in past generations, where, though there were still definitely lazy men, most were taught the importance of working hard, and making a reputation/image for yourself, one that you can be proud of.Don't get me wrong, there are still some seriously hard-working guys out there, and props to them. But laziness doesn't have quite the societal/social stigma it used to, I don't think.And I'm not saying I'm not lazy either. That's something I struggle with sometimes, but I'm working on it. You can appreciate yourself and your work so much more when you work hard at it.As for sensitivity, I think that's another cultural shift, one that is not [necessarily] a bad thing. With the influx of mass media and the rise of creative businesses, I think men are encouraged to be (or at least not looked down on for being) more of a sensitive, artistic, poetic type. (You might be interested in looking at Jung's Four Archetypes of a Man, something, at least, I found to be very interesting. ( link about a third the way down the page.) I suppose this would contrast to more traditional and/or stereotypical careers and roles of men that involved less creativity and sensitivity and more use of math, science, and their own physical labor. (Just a very broad, perhaps stereotypical view, though.)Well, I hope that offered some insight, and if not, at least an opinion worth reading.

What Guys Said 15

• idk, I don't drink water.

• Good. Are you lazy, emotional, or sensitive?

• Show Older
    • You can't live without drinking water in one form or the other.

• i'm sure there's water in tequila, that's enough for me.

• I don't think that they've become lazy its just that they don't have a good enough motivation for them to be successful. A lot of men these days are sensitive because women have become bitchy. Back in the day it wasn't like that. Women have become superficial and judge men harshly because they expect us to live up to women's absurd expectations which has made a lot of men sensitive to criticism. And because of all the harsh comments many men lack the motivation to become better. They think its too hard to please a woman and they become bitter and very emotional.

• Don't you think that we got "bitchy" because we started to see that some men started having "less motivation" ?

• Show Older
    • "Some women"? No. A huge portion have been like that since the 90's. Why did you put a smiley face at the end? Is it because you're happy with how we are now?

• I'm saying that our change is somewhat reflected on the male society. It's all linked.

• Because it's become "normal" for women to wear the pants in a relationship. That takes away everything a man is supposed to be, you might as well put his balls in a jar. This never happened 20+ years ago.

• Yes, this is what I'm talking about.

• Show Older
    • Do you think that this is actually because of women? You are admitting that we are that powerful, and men are that weak.

• Yes, many men are that weak. Look at many of the male posters on this site. They would gladly bow down to any woman that showed them even a sliver of attention, in the hopes of desperately getting a nut off. She would be in complete control.

• NO

• 'NO" what?

• No, it's something in the society.

• I'm confused...haven't Americans always been lazy?

• Touche

• It's not laziness, it's exhaustion. Compare our country to others. Hell, compare our countries to when it was ideal in terms of working hours (yet still a bit much). Men (and women) have to work so ridiculous amounts of time that they have so little energy for people after that. We work more than any country in the world, get paid far less than we should (considering since the 1970s wages for the average worker, accounting for inflation, has stayed roughly the same, where as the executives have increased 298% or so) we are too tired to spend the time and energy necessary for relationships (friends or lovers). There's a reason depression is rampant in this country and more so than other first world countries. There's a reason divorce rates were rising and only stopped rising due to the cost of divorce so now we have people like my uncle and aunt who aren't in love anymore, but still married because it's too expensive and still even live together because it's too expensive (also because their kids. my cousins, are still home cause they can't even afford their own place due to student loans and they are staying there to save money and pay off their student loans). So ya, no one (guy or girl) is more lazy, they are more exhausted. If you are talking about being sensitive (cause I'm confused with your thing) or whatever, I dunno.

• err *our country. Damn exhaustion -_-

• Show Older
    • O.o

• (\(\( - -)((') (')

• We think we're done for, so why bother doing anything extra.It's only a matter of time before scientists figure out a way to fertilize an egg,with full qty chromosome cell, from the same female to produce a female baby.Men won't be required anymore, except as sex slaves to the ever growing female population.Wait a minute, I like that part of it.

• Except they're gonna learn how to preserve seamen... then they'll just take a needle to your nutsack and extract it the easiest way possible for them.

• They've been doing that for 50 years. They don't want us in the equation anymore.All women governments will take over U.S. and eventually the world.They will take away our right to vote. We will gradually die off.Only queens will be left and some guy sex slave drones, to remind them what good sex was really like.

• Women used to want men to be more sensitive. You know, in the 80s and 90s you'd get girls writing big things, or films depicting girls going all, 'Oohh Rick, why can't you be more sensitive...LIKE MY OTHER MAN'Anyway, I dunno. I haven't noticed this. If most American men are lazy and sensitive, its certainly not a new thing.

• Why didn't you reply to me, I thought you'd say some funny sh*t

• Show Older
    • Hahaha, excellent.

• @Update OHHHH, I see! LOL, holy sh*t. Then a lot of the answers here are testament to that. I guess I've noticed that, too, but again, certainly not a new thing. I don't like MEN, anyway, as a rule, hahaha.

• Up in Canada, the news always says Americans work a lot of overtime.Maybe they are just tired and find smart and easy solutions to problems.

• Smart solutions= laziness...taking the easy way out.

• Show Older
    • Oops . Lazy man. Misspelled everything.

• When I say "men are lazy", I mean not all men in this country are lazy...just some.

• I think people in general are becoming lazy not just men. I don't think men are more sensitive but it is more acceptable for men to show their emotions I guess. It's because the traditional gender roles of our society are blurring and maybe even reversing. Maybe it's something in the water or not, who knows?

• In 2008 the U.S. Geological Survey tested water in nine states across the country and found that 85 man-made chemicals including birth control medications were commonly slipping through municipal treatment systems and ending up in tap water of over 46 million homes. However, there is considerable debate about whether their levels are high enough to warrant concern.Studies done on water supply have found that there are small amounts of estrogen in the water, much of which is inadvertently released into sewers through the urine of women taking birth control. This may link to a decrease in mens overall testosterone levels declining quite slightly which imbalances the natural males body.If the amounts get any higher, I think we are going to see a drop in population due to not being able to get pregnant soon lol

• Wow. Thanks, I did not know that...something is indeed in our water.

• Show Older
    • Except the problem with this theory is the contamination is so microscopic, it couldn't possibly have an effect on humans.

• Birth control in the water...sweet! That means she won't have to worry about taking her pills, and I don't need condoms! Life just got great

• Because the American dream is to be rich. And we are told that at an early age. While women are able to keep striving for education to prove they belong at the top, men have been at the top so they feel no need to work, as well as being born in America they feel like the dream is going to be given to them. With the way our education system is and how fast women are graduating over men in college 57-43 percent. It's no surprise that the American dream nowadays is aim towards the women and the foreigners. This is just generalizing, to help explain why those lazy men are lazy. hope this helps even though this is kinda late.

• Thankyou for your opinion. Every answer helps. =)

• the russian spies have put some chemicals in the US waters...

• YES, that must be it. ha

• You can thank feminism

• So why would a man want to listen to feminism when he is supposed to be so strong willed?

• if you dont, you get sued for harrasment

What Girls Said 3

• im in the water.

• Well, did you pee estrogens in there? Your making U.S. guys more feminine and sensitive. Remind me never to drink the water in California.

• im sorry. lol pee estrogens

• Laziness is an individuals quality,although laziness is overall an American concept,hence why our education is far beyond.People in America are too lazy to endure what the average Indian or Chinese student endures.9 hrs of school + studying + extra curricular activities + morals.Hence why so many Americans and illegals are on government assistance like CHIPS,Medicaid,welfare.Too lazy to come here legally,too legal to get their asses up and actually look for a job,too lazy to get an education,too lazy to take some birth control or put on a condom and stop having children.Laziness is part of American culture,although I can see what you're saying.I do however,think that the laziness in which you speak of is more of a "guys on this site" thing.They are inexperienced,virgins,bitter,heading into misogyny & take it out on females.And then try to justify their mentalities.

• Not sure about that last part, but I agree with laziness in American culture in comparison to other places in the world. +1

• Do you mean more insensitive? I don't see how being sensitive/insensitive would constitute being lazy? I think that most people in general are lazy. Doesn't apply specifically to just men. The guy I'm dating right now is very ambitious and anything but lazy, going to school full-time and working two jobs.