How do you handle abrasive and intrusive people?

There's this woman at work who is very loud, abrasive, and intrusive... she always wants to be involved in every conversation...she's very loud. She walks into your office even though you close it (meaning do not disturb)... if she needs your help she'll sit there until your available even if your busy on a phone call or on a private conversation.I co-run a department temporarily at the company until a new boss is hired so technically she works for my coworker and I. There was one day where I had a day off and I was checking emails at home and I replied to one she sent and later that day she forwarded him the email telling him that I was working at home. (WHAT WAS THE POINT IT THAT?)Then recently there was a problem client who didn't like our customer service...when it was more the clients problem of not responding to our emails/calls in a reasonable time...so the client decided to use the services at one of our other locations...this employee works at that other location...and ended up having an appt. with that client...i guess the client ratted on me to the employee and the employee AGAIN emailed my coworker...basically ratting me out...and whatever story the employee was told or if she was lying to my coworker it makes me look like I'm not doing my jobso how do I handle this situation because my coworker is a pushover...and is a "nice guy" and we also have to be Politically Correct when it comes to HR situations...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• Close the door, shut her out, ignore her, don't give her the time of day, only be nice to her when she's actually polite, she'' get the idea

• i do but hte only problem is...the other co manager is easier on the employees ... so that's why she probably goes to him for help as her boss.

• well sounds like you have a throat slitter on your hands...but that I mean a person who has no problem ripping you down,making you look bad and probably will do so as much as she can...a simple answer is to be honest with them...not rude just honest...talk to her about her actions and see what she has to say...if that is not sufficent then maybe you and your other managing coworker and this employee need to sit down and review her actions more closely and hash out something better in the name of office moral..that alone should make her open her eyes, staring her bosses in the face one on one ..and if she is sitting in your office waiting for your help and it makes you uncomfortable just tell her so..it ends up making your stress level rise...honesty is always the best policy in this situations

• but that's the problem...my coworker who co-manages the department is one of those "people pleasers" who sugar coats things...but what that does is give them the subconscious confidence to continue doing so. She is teh way she is because he never does anything about it. Not her or anyone else. I mean why else would she just basically ask him if we changed the way we handle clients such as the one who complained...when since it involved me she didn't even bother asking me.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!