What to do when you think someone stole your money?

I save some money up and keep it somewhere in my bookshelf. My dad got me a car and I offered to pay stuff. I told him about my saving money and that it was funny where I hid it. He refused to take the money. My brother may have been in the room and may have heard it. This was 2+ weeks ago. My brother is always asking my parents for money. Today, I go to my bookshelf and I see my money sprawled out, where it's not supposed to be. I'm thinking, oh maybe I didn't arrange it from the last time or I didn't pay attention to how I put things away. I rarely go in my bookshelf. To my surprise, I am missing some money. I check through my books, taking them out one by one and putting them back. I checked my floors. Nothing. I know I didn't spend it. I will check again. If I am positive it is missing, how do I approach my brother with this? I asked my parents and they said they didn't take anything. I'm pretty pissed off. I'm thinking of not letting it show and continue checking for it. I'll wait a bit, then find a way to accuse my brother. I was thinking of slowly letting it out. I was going to ask him if he's been in my room lately and see what his reaction was. Now, me and my brother are not close at all. So, thing is he might not even pay the slightest attention to me and just brush it off. He's also very selfish, inconsiderate, and has lied countless times before. What should I do? And yes.. this is just money and it may be a misunderstanding and it is very sad that it affects me like this. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I useally accuse everyone but I always find out when they are telling the truth if they look at me eye to eye they are serious. If they kind of look away its usaelly that person who did it, but I think you should be straight up with your brother.Ask him if he took you money, of course he's going to deny it. After that tell your parents the situation and your postive he took it.Just make sure you didn't place it somewhere or did waste it.

• Thank you. I will do that. I'm wondering, if it really is missing and I know I didn't spend it, if he denies it, but he's lying, I'm basically never going to get my money back?

• Never *did* my bad, that's when I had a job.

He did once or twice but put it to good use so I didn't make a big deal about it.

• Okay. That still sucks.. Thanks!