Girl refuses to talk after calling out her dishonesty?

I met this girl and things were going great. We hung out a few times around her friends at the bars and talked really late into the night back at her place. After another great date, I asked her out to dinner. She enthusiastically agreed and we made plans.That morning she cancelled dinner plans, saying she had to leave town. I had reasons to believe she never left town that night. After another fun date, she again turned down dinner plans, saying she would be out of town...but she never left town. Perhaps her plans changed last minute, but it just didn't feel right.So I asked about all this dishonesty hoping for an explanation or apology, but only got a 'there is no reason we can't be friends' response. I originally said that would be fine, since she was really fun to hang out with, but later told her I couldn't be friends with someone I couldn't trust. I thought I would then get some sort of apology, but she refused to talk to me.Why would a girl be so mean and not just be straight up and talk to me? Then she wouldn't even discuss anything with me. She was very friendly and fun to be around the whole time, but appears to have treated me very poorly. It hurt...and the annoying part is she probably doesn't realize this or doesn't care.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• :( she handled that poorly...if she didn't want to go out with you she should have just been straight up about it...maybe she thought being indirect wouldn't hurt your feelings as much. but did you really think she'd apologize to you after you call her untrustworthy? saying that someone can't be trusted closes all the doors, imo. although I definitely don't think she acted properly, you did sort of attack her character...and I'm sure she does care. I don't think anyone would be able to brush off being called untrustworthy.

• yeah, true. I guess its a good thing it worked out this way? I feel all I did was try to talk to her about this, which I thought was the sensible thing to do? maybe she has some problems or something else going on in her life...ill never know. oh well, ill meet someone else :) thanks!

• i agree...never works out without mutual trust.

• yeah, maybe she was trying to end it nicely, and didn't expect me to call out her 'we can be friends' response. I would have been happy being her friend, but without trust, I feel that would never work

• Show Older

What Girls Said 1

• well I think you are over reacting, couple of dates doesn't mean she has to tell you the truth or whole story, I mean she should of said the truth if she could of hung out or made up something better, but o well. I wouldn't of pushed the dishonesty thing you are exclusive, and she probably got annoyed and said we can be friends. People lie or make up stuff for w/e reason to get out of doing things, she just got caught. she didn't treat you that poorly. You are kind of too nosy, its her business going out of town or not, she can't she can't. Take days she can hang out with you, until you are exclusive with her or serious at least close to it, its her business.

• tried calling and eventually messaged later. maybe that was a bad idea, should have talked in person. my tone probably came across completely wrong. I agree I had no idea what happened...that was why I was asking. thought I'd at least ask before walking away. too many things didn't seem to be adding up. thank you for your input, it is helpful :)

• also exactly how did you ask about this "dishonesty" has to do with her reaction as well, when you catch people doing this say it in a manner that is not serious and blaming them for dishonesty because they can become defensive. and looking at someones fb and what they are doing is nosy.

• she was def. annoyed with you bringing it up. and yes friendship and relationships are about honesty but lets get real people are not perfect nor honest at all times. You have no idea what happened with going to town, canceling plans etc. I would of not even explained it to you by already being annoyed by you talking about. people are different and not everyone thinks the same, to one this act is horrible to me its w/e. I wouldn of being a bit annoyed and than forget about it

• Show Older

What Guys Said 1

• lol you seem to think all people are actually good

• probably. that's life

• so I will come across many terrible people like this?