Are you antisocial? Extrovert? Introvert?

Are you antisocial? Extrovert? Introvert? Or what? Define yourself.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

What Guys Said 11

• In order to be happy, I need to converse with people whom I consider friends, or at least I can communicate well with. However, I prefer to avoid situations where the communication involves 5 or more people.What am I then? An extrovert, because I need social contact, or an introvert, because I am not fond of groups?By the way, I do not participate in social gatherings (drinking, partying etc) etc too often, and I don't really initiate in the real world to get to know more people randomly. So if you want, you could say I'm asocial.And I personally HATE the current "accepted image" of society. Genderal roles, breaking apart people's individuality, and raising them to suppress their future abilities? Hell no! But I do abide laws and rules, but I really am against this forceful acceptance of an imperfect ideal. Am I antisocial then? I'm not sure myself.

• I'm an annoying introvert.

• I'm an annoying extrovert.

• Show Older
    • No.

• But you said you were annoying... :/

• I'm basically an Introvert. Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk

• If I had to define myself honestly it would go something like this (some of this may sound weird to you):Overall, I am an introvert but I always make the effort to try and socialize with people as much as possible. Funny things is I just don't feel like I am being myself when I am being an extrovert and am rather uncomfortable, but that usually goes away in a short amount of time anyway. I feel more comfortable when I am by myself and I am usually more productive in that sense. I am come across as anti-social to a lot of people because I'm a quiet guy who is a little bit on the shy side, and I enjoy just listening to people rather than talking. This may be the reason why I feel a bit awkward when meeting new people and when I talk to them for the very first time I feel as if I am someone completely different.All-in-all, I think I am just socially awkward.

• not at all mate... today's information of behavior, personalities and to better oneself is easy to find.If you observe yourself and learns to make it better, I think you're quiet common. I'm just alike, but rather than doesn't feel like myself, its more like my concentration during talking decreases more than half.

• I'm just honostly curious as to why this question got such a bad rating...I'd say I'm an introvert I love hanging with friends and I'm usually the funny life of the party type. It gets physically draining and exhausting for me to hang out with people all day though and I like a lot of time to myself for self-reflection/analyzation.

• none of your f'cking business

• Yes, its not from my business, HOW LUCKY I AM THEN. I don't even know how you could imagine that this question was asked to you. Keep the standards.

• You have the wrong definition of antisocial. But anyway, I'm an introvert. My behavior is such even though I *occasionally* want to actually go out and be around people in a social scene. But I'm happiest and most productive when I'm alone. I have the best thoughts when I'm alone, I talk best (to myself) when I'm alone, and I need my alone time to recover from being around people too much.Being extroverted and socializing is a lot like work to me. It doesn't come very naturally to me which makes it tough to learn. When I said my behavior is introverted, this is where I sort of clash with extroverts. I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve and I'm an observer before I'm a shooter. That's the funny thing- if I want, I could act extroverted. I also can understand extroverts, since I'm more of an observer and they are a lot easier to read than introverts. But the reverse isn't true, extroverts don't seem to be able to understand introverts too well. It's nice to have that kind of advantage, but it also sucks since most of the population doesn't understand you.

• Not wrong definition, there's no definition there. I said define yourself. People just make assumptions.

• Show Older
    • I'll reply again when you actually can PROVE your point.Your words are still only odds.

• Haha I told you already to re-read your own question title. Not sure what else can be said. If you strive to be stubborn and arguing for the sake of it, then I'll just start talking to the wall next to me or something.

• Antisocial means you're a sociopath. No, seriously, that's exactly what a psychologist labels a sociopath :PNow, if you mean not very social? OK then, :DI'm an introvert personally. And I try to be social, but lack luck in such things.

• im not asking for definitions, just pick one of those options if you fit there.

• Show Older
    • you can choose whatever you want, you're just a loser.

• The word you were possibly looking for was "asocial", and nothing changes that fact.

• introverted...i hate when people call me antisocial...part of what it is is I would just rather listen than talk

• Yeah, you're not antisocial for preferring to listen than talk. Unfortunately a lot of people think that being an introvert is synonymous with being antisocial.

• Show Older
    • And a lot of people think antisocial is synonymous with asocial, LOL

• same here! x]

• Asher.

• no I'm me

• boooooo to the downvoters

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not antisocial. I'm an overall introvert. I have no problem interacting with other people and being friendly, but my preference is being more internal; I need time to myself. I enjoy self-reflection, and I listen more often than I speak.

• I am an introvert. I wish I were an extrovert because it seems like more fun.

• I'm a social introvert. I have really good social skills, I enjoy the company of others, and I love parties/clubs. But as someone else said, I find social interactions quite draining unless it's one or two really close friends. I definitely need a ton of alone time, but I'm not necessarily antisocial and I can put on my "extrovert" hat.

• extrovert

• I am an introvert.I never tell anyone my deepest thoughts, feelings or share secrets - just small, unimportant ones -so as not to seem like I don't appreciate my friends or as if I don't trust them. ..but you can never trust anyone completely..In a sense I may be labeled as asocial sometimes, since I like to keep my own company the most. I feel at ease with my thoughts and a lot of the time I need my own space to ponder, and when other people are around I can't do that efficiently - they can be construed as annoyance.However, in social gatherings people seem to gravitate towards me. I don't know why that is, I just know that it always seems to happen, and I get along with them famously. Perhaps that is why others see me as being an extrovert, when in fact I'm the most introverted person you'll ever meet...but undercover! xD