Are you antisocial? Extrovert? Introvert?

Or what?

Define yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• In order to be happy, I need to converse with people whom I consider friends, or at least I can communicate well with. However, I prefer to avoid situations where the communication involves 5 or more people.

What am I then? An extrovert, because I need social contact, or an introvert, because I am not fond of groups?

By the way, I do not participate in social gatherings (drinking, partying etc) etc too often, and I don't really initiate in the real world to get to know more people randomly. So if you want, you could say I'm asocial.

And I personally HATE the current "accepted image" of society. Genderal roles, breaking apart people's individuality, and raising them to suppress their future abilities? Hell no! But I do abide laws and rules, but I really am against this forceful acceptance of an imperfect ideal. Am I antisocial then? I'm not sure myself.

• I'm an annoying introvert.

• I'm an annoying extrovert.

• No.

• But you said you were annoying... :/

• You have the wrong definition of antisocial.

But anyway, I'm an introvert. My behavior is such even though I *occasionally* want to actually go out and be around people in a social scene. But I'm happiest and most productive when I'm alone. I have the best thoughts when I'm alone, I talk best (to myself) when I'm alone, and I need my alone time to recover from being around people too much.

Being extroverted and socializing is a lot like work to me. It doesn't come very naturally to me which makes it tough to learn. When I said my behavior is introverted, this is where I sort of clash with extroverts. I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve and I'm an observer before I'm a shooter. That's the funny thing- if I want, I could act extroverted. I also can understand extroverts, since I'm more of an observer and they are a lot easier to read than introverts. But the reverse isn't true, extroverts don't seem to be able to understand introverts too well. It's nice to have that kind of advantage, but it also sucks since most of the population doesn't understand you.

• Not wrong definition, there's no definition there. I said define yourself.

People just make assumptions.

• I'll reply again when you actually can PROVE your point.

Your words are still only odds.

• Haha I told you already to re-read your own question title. Not sure what else can be said. If you strive to be stubborn and arguing for the sake of it, then I'll just start talking to the wall next to me or something.

• introverted...i hate when people call me antisocial...part of what it is is I would just rather listen than talk

• Yeah, you're not antisocial for preferring to listen than talk. Unfortunately a lot of people think that being an introvert is synonymous with being antisocial.

• And a lot of people think antisocial is synonymous with asocial, LOL

• same here! x]

• Antisocial means you're a sociopath. No, seriously, that's exactly what a psychologist labels a sociopath :P

Now, if you mean not very social? OK then, :D

I'm an introvert personally. And I try to be social, but lack luck in such things.

• im not asking for definitions, just pick one of those options if you fit there.

• you can choose whatever you want, you're just a loser.

• The word you were possibly looking for was "asocial", and nothing changes that fact.

More from Guys
7

What Girls Said 5

• I'm a social introvert. I have really good social skills, I enjoy the company of others, and I love parties/clubs. But as someone else said, I find social interactions quite draining unless it's one or two really close friends. I definitely need a ton of alone time, but I'm not necessarily antisocial and I can put on my "extrovert" hat.

• I'm not antisocial. I'm an overall introvert. I have no problem interacting with other people and being friendly, but my preference is being more internal; I need time to myself. I enjoy self-reflection, and I listen more often than I speak.

• I am an introvert. I wish I were an extrovert because it seems like more fun.

• I am an introvert.

I never tell anyone my deepest thoughts, feelings or share secrets - just small, unimportant ones -so as not to seem like I don't appreciate my friends or as if I don't trust them. ..but you can never trust anyone completely..

In a sense I may be labeled as asocial sometimes, since I like to keep my own company the most. I feel at ease with my thoughts and a lot of the time I need my own space to ponder, and when other people are around I can't do that efficiently - they can be construed as annoyance.

However, in social gatherings people seem to gravitate towards me. I don't know why that is, I just know that it always seems to happen, and I get along with them famously. Perhaps that is why others see me as being an extrovert, when in fact I'm the most introverted person you'll ever meet...but undercover! xD

• extrovert