Why Are Men So Needy?

I'm a stay at home fiancee? My fiancee works from home so were together constantly. I cook everything that he eats. I wake up. Shower. Cook him whatever he wants for breakfast. He is 6‘7” 185 so he usually eats it all. I eat cereal. I start cleaning while I wait on him hand and foot. at 12pm I... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• He may be the one who's earning money, but you're working full time waiting on him hand and foot and driving his guests around. How do two people create enough mess to require you to clean for hours each day anyhow? Even if you're happy to fill the housewife role, that doesn't mean you should let him walk all over you. He needs to be taking your needs into account as well. So if you're feeling tired and busy, let him know, and come up with a compromise. You shouldn't feel that you MUST have sex with him at one time or another.

The fact that he talked you out of college is a red flag to me. I feel like he's trying to trick you into becoming his housekeeper without much regard for your feelings or respect for you as a person. The fact that you feel stuck is a bad sign. It's not too late for you to go to college and do the things that you want to do. Don't stay with him just for financial support; it's not worth sacrificing your life and goals that are important to you just to escape financial worries.

My advice to you is to stand up for yourself more and go after what you want. If he really cares about you, he will be cooperative and support you in your endeavors. If you need to get your own job to support yourself through college or allow you more freedom, do it. It doesn't bode well for your relationship if he only wants to be with you if you'll cook and clean for him. You're already feeling frustrated and trapped, so make some changes while you can. Don't marry him while you're unhappy, that will secure things as they are. If you can't fix the relationship so both of you are happy in it, don't go making it into a legally binding lifelong committment. if you can fix the relationship so both of you are getting what you need, great.