• Ask
  • myTake

Will he get back together with me?

I was with my boyfriend for six years and eight months ago I broke up with him. In hindsight I did it on impulse, because he'd lied to me, but it... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• I am in a similar situation with my ex. Though we were only together for six months, we had a great connection and bond with each other and we ended up falling in love. Unfortunately I lied to her in the beginning to impress her (part of the "game" I guess) and it later came back to bite me in the ass. Also something from my sexual past surfaced and was taken out of context and I was not allowed to even explain it. The combination of these two things and her immature brother who I was formerly friends with speaking nonsense about me to her, created a break up. She didn't do it with any kind of class, and sent me a text ending it. No phone call, no sit down, nothing. This was a girl (not woman) who loved me. I tried to fix the issues in calls, texts, emails.. and got no response. To this date 9 weeks later, I still haven't heard a thing from her. Just that she has been seeing other guys and I've heard valuable rumors that she's slept with numerous people since. I was completely heartbroken when she left and my life went into a downward spiral. Men require companionship and don't usually fall out of love easily like some women do. Men dwell on things for some time while women tend to rebound and sleep around and then realize their faults, and most of the time it's too late. In my ex's case, if and when she ever does realize this- it's over. She has no chance with me ever again. I'd love to, sure but it isn't worth the effort to get nothing back. I am sure he still loves you and it's not easy to move on, but I mean if you were willing to leave him that fast he is going to have doubts about anything in the future. You are going to have to prove your love and show him that you won't be fickle ever again.

• See that's what I'm worried about because I'm not really in a position to prove it to him because he does have a new girlfriend and I can't ask him on 'dates' or anything to rebuild the trust. That's why I'm willing to put the time in to prove to him that I'm not going anywhere. But I don't know if I'm wasting my time. Can a guy say he's still in love with someone and wants to be with them and then do nothing about it? I couldn't. Any suggestions of what would work to prove my love to him?

• Absolutely. She fills your void.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!