Worst thing about America?

What do you think is the worst thing about America? I have my reasons, but I'm curious about yours. Thanks/

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• how it's owned by the corporate elite courtesy of corrupt politicians. and where is the media at to tell us the truth, they're busy with the newest celebrity scandal -_-

What Guys Said 19

• the "we are number one atitude"the lack of basic education, my cousin's friends actually asked me if the country where I am from, the people stilled lived in trees, even if that person knew nothing about my country I found it quite offensive materialism

• How political people use the media to distract American's to pay attention to other peoples lives like the Kim Kardashian show. and celebrity's lives and stuff. I love those shows though :|

• Probbly just modern day slavery in general.

• Narrow-minded patriotism is #1.

• It's easy to pick out things that are bad/wrong or "the worst" about any country.The big ones : Its foreign policies are a big one.Its government in general. The military industrial complex.Two party political system.The day to day ones that make living there an unattractive prospect : The levels of acceptable pollution.The standard of education. (Anti-science, anti-intellectualism)The processed foodstuffs and diet in general. (Portion sizes...)The wages and working lifestyle. (2 weeks paid vacation as standard? No way.)The niggling little things that would just p*ss me off, but that's just me personally... :The advertising on TV.Sexual puritanism.Crappy beer.Rampant religiosity.HomophobiaBut ultimately the thing I think that is worst about America? It's the constant attitude that says "We're number 1!" First, it's not true in a number of ways. And second, it's lazy. It says there's no room for improvement. And that's bullsh*t.American ingenuity is boundless, when it's working. But it has to get off its fat arse and do something first. The American work ethic is impressive as hell. But the people have to have something to work on.Whether it's going to the moon, or wiping out Polio, or smallpox, America is capable of doing anything it can put its collective mind and effort to. I don't think any problem is beyond its ability to solve.But they won't ever address and solve their own problems, if they refuse to believe they have any in the first place.Saying and believing the "We're number 1" mantra, is just one way to prevent the American people from solving their problems. Whether it's Chinas rising hegemony, global warming, dependence on oil and fossil fuels... etc.

• ok I agree with the other stuff but we are not "anti science"

• -The money is the Lord, look and listen here: link "what is good for America, that`s good for the world"

• It's a double edge sword. There is almost no unification. It used to be, "I'm proud to be American". Now? Not so much. We have so many mixed religions and races and such, that we're more divided than ever before. That's suppose to be a good thing, but lately, there just doesn't seem to be anyone who really cares or is even considerate of the freedoms in this country. And perhaps the worse thing, how minorities are given so much power. Like my aunt said, "The future of America is literally going down the crapper".

• I hate how so many people here waste food.

• I am not from America, but from my perspective the user pays system of education and health care isn't a good thing. If you are not from a rich background obtaining a good education could be very difficult.

• How it's based off capitalistic Views. Money shouldn't Decide whether you are successful or not. Education should. And how we have some proprietary things. Like the unit system. Come on now!

• The influence over politics wielded by wealthy corporate interests through their political spending, which stymies efforts to create a public health care system, lower the cost of education, curb pollution, secure your financial system, and leads your country into pointless wars for the benefit of a small corporate elite.

• Idiots...total idiots. I love my country but it's full of idiots.

• lobbying and PACs are not considered bribery.Laws are way to strict...99 years for rustling cattle...come on...An 18 year old sleeps with his 16 year old girlfriend and gets branded a sex offender for the rest of his life...Can die for your country, but must be 21 to drink...Health care profiteering...Patent wars...debt spiraling out of controlH1b visa millsNo moderate party...democrats and repubs are horrible...

• The President.

• Obama is cool and fly like beef

• How individualistic Americans are.

• You dramatise everything

• lol the worst thing? so negative, but probly our prison system o.O

• political correctness; it prevents us from solving many of our great problems like illegal immigration.

• worst thing? republicans.

What Girls Said 11

• the wealth gap is a big issue. The distribution of wealth is unfair, the poor are at a disadvantage trying to climb out of poverty but the hole keeps getting deeper

• The use of Styrofoam, the electoral college, religious zealots, lax border patrol and immigrant quotas, excessive spending

• The politicians are a**holes ... wait isn't that the case in most countries?

• You ain't got no health care.

• What do we have right?! So many things are messed up the list would be quite hard to assimilate. So, I will continue with my Hippee ways.

• Too much freedom. :P Jk.

• People who b*tch about living in a free country, but do nothing to help make changes that they are complaining about. If you do not like something, do something about it, not just sit around complaining about it. Although, you should be enjoying that freedom. Most people are not allowed to do this. So, if you don't like something, work for the change.

• Our futile Congress.

• Me.

• I was going to say you too, but I think I'm worse.

• I was going to say that. Which is to say, me, not you.

• the fact that Americans think they are the best and that America is so unbelievably better than ever other country. It's a land mass, get over it and get over yourselves while your at it

• Agree!

• many other countries do also. If you actually bothered to look into the history of other countries instead of wallowing in your pathetic self-infatuation

• you need to look at our history. What other country has the greatest and most noble people?

• I'm probably biased, but from my point of view, it's the cost of education. America's got it completely backwards.

• sometime America must have their brain on backwards! lol!