I'm SO Ugly In Pictures?

I'm not photogenic AT ALL. I still take pictures of course but I am VERY unattractive in pictures. I like the image in the mirror better lolAnyone else not photogenic? Do you think you're more attractive when you look at yourself in the mirror?Do you have any tips for taking good photos or becoming more photogenic? Especially for events like homecoming, winterball & prom?Maybe I'm ugly in person lol but I like to think I'm not, so I won't burst my bubble -_- My yearbook photos came today and I look good though, so I'm happy with that

What's Your Opinion?

Anonymous posts are not allowed

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I highly doubt you are ugly, or un-photogenic. You may just be your own worst enemy. Depends on how I feel. Pictures really capture my mood. For instance, hen I am overworked and tired, I will look crap in pictures. When a good photographer is taking pictures of me I can look cute. :) Any tips: Bright lights make flaws go away. So make sure you are somewhere lit well when taking a picture. You're GORGEOUS! If you want to convince others you have to convince yourself first. YAY for good yearbook pictures! XD

• Thanks for BA. =)

• Well, I hate when you say, "Definitely un-photogenic haha, possibly unattractive too" just so you know, it kind of gets under my skin. I think you should feel beautiful, know it, and flaunt it. =) But I am glad you stay optimistic. =D

• Definitely un-photogenic haha, possibly unattractive too, but hey, as I've said, I try to keep positive to some extent

What Guys Said 15

• Ditto. That's why I don't really take pictures of myself, I personally think I look different in the mirror and I don't know why that is? Maybe it's all in our heads? Idk, but sometimes I see pictures of myself and I think "man that doesn't look like me at all!" lol.

• You don't know if you're ugly in person? Very strange...

• Um, there's plenty of ugly people who think they're attractive in person and they aren't and pretty people who think they're ugly in person and they aren't

• I am. can't you tell? lol jk

• You're adorable though. Look at that irresistible pink hair and those big buy eyes

• i think pictures make my nose look bigger and makes it look like I have highlights in my hair some how lol

• That's just the way it is for some people. I'd be glad that the mirror image is better than pictures.

• Same here, I feel yeah.

• I don't look good in pictures either... my mom says it's because handsome men don't look good in pictures... That's such a mom thing to say! =D

• Hahahaha gotta love moms...

• =D

• AWWWWW :DThat IS a mom thing to say!How cute

• I look better in the mirror and I assume people see the 'mirror me' and not the 'photo me'I think it's how the camera does light and shadow and judges depth as my face always looks rounder in photos

• I use to be better looking in pictures now I look hideous in everyone I take. The worst thing is the bathroom mirrows holy sh*t I look ugly lol.

• Pics nao? :-D

• Boo. Where's Santa when you need him? LOL

• You lost it a while back broski :) Nothing personal at all haha, don't think it's youBUT if I change my mind, I'll hit you up.

• Wait is that person me? Or did I lose my Christmas gift? lol

• Show Older
  • Join the club. I hate how I look in photos too.

• Same here, wow I take some horrible pictures.

• I think most people try to find flaws when looking at their pictures. Maybe you're looking into your flaws too much or something... *waits*

• ok

• Alright, well then maybe you're just unattractive. *waits*

• uh no

• Same. I don't like the way I look in pictures really. And artificial lighting is the worst.

• same here, I look terrible in pics, everyone says so :P

What Girls Said 15

• There are so many deleted profiles on this question! :D

• LOL! :D

• I know! Weird :)

• i might sound fake xD but I take like 100 photos trying to get a good one for my profile picture, I prefer looking in the mirror as well. And my school id... lets just say my friend made me laugh...sooooo that's noooot the best photo and it goes into yearbook. LOL greeeat ahahah

• yes I know what you mean! oh you are so lucky, I look so bad in the photo xD everyone laughs at it already ahahaha

• Nooooo hun, I can totally relate with the whole having to take so many pics to find that "perfect" one for a profile pic. I totally know where you're coming from. I'm like that, which is why I normally don't make pics taken by others profile pics cause they usually aren't flatteringHaha, lucky for us the photo id's aren't the yearbook pic, although I wouldn't mind if it was.

• I always think my face looks chubbier in pictures than it normally does. ]:

• I'm not photogenic either, if I take my pics by myself I'll look good, I'll like it,but when someone take it I just hate it, I look horrible, before taking the pics, try looking at yourself in the m mirror and do poses, or smile and then when you do take them you'll know how you possibly look in them..

• same here, I know how you feel :)i avoid to take pictures of me as much as I can, I just hate it, I look so f***ing ugly in pictures, I just can't look at a picture of mine :D

• I'm so not photogenic either. I hate it, I always try to avoid pictures. There's tips and ways that can help your pic come out better (how you pose, etc). Its different for everyone, your best bet is to just experiment every picture with a different pose and see what comes out the best.

• I'm not too photogenic either. Every now and then I'll get lucky enough to get a decent picture, but I never look quite as good as I do in person. And I usually come out horrible in pictures lol. The only advice I have is try to figure out what kind of lighting is good for you and also figure out the right amount of smile to give. I've noticed that depending on how I smile in a picture makes a big difference in how chubby my face looks lol

• I love your picture of luna and molly! : ) GREAT PIC!

• You can do a little experiment with your camera. Take pictures form different angles and lighting. Then, compare them all. Usually one side of the face looks better than the other.. For me anyways. I'm not at all photogenic. I have to take 100 pictures to get a few good ones. I look the same, or I would like to believe I do.. Never too sure. Ha

• I unfortunetly am very photogenic...so I can't say otherwise...but I understand the feeling...at a point I used to be unphotogenic...for other reasons.

• Your being your own worst critic...I doubt you are that unphotogenic, but camera angles can help a lot and capturing light...low angles make you seem taller and high angles make the object seem smaller

• Same :( irl I have pretty decent skin and my cheeks and lips are a little more colored than the photos show...I think invisible finishing powder really makes my skin look more like it does irl >< Eyeliner and mascara also make me look SO much better in photos. Also, my hair and eye color match way too well... so my pictures are also pretty plain :PI really don't know, I'm pretty average so I'm not surprised I don't look that great in photos.

• yeah I look bad in most my pics

• i wish I was the oppositei look better in pictures then in real life I believe lol , well you kind of have to know which angle is your best like for example mine is my left side , I feel like if I turn my face to the right and take a pic, my face looks too wide ohhh and I remember watching antm and tyra says "smile with your eyes" like I guess it looks fiercer ? lol

• I have the same problem & I hate it =\ I think I look a little better in the mirror, but in pics it's a big No No. No matter how much I spend time in the mirror to try to look nice in a pic, I always end up looking hideous in the pictures!