ASMR: a phenomenon that is common but rarely talked about

asmr stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. This is a phenomena where you get feelings of relaxation and pleasurable tingling that starts in your head and can go throughout your body. It is often triggered by watching someone complete a task that is attentive, being touched on the hair or back ,and watching instructional videos. I was wondering if many people have this as it is not well documented. Personally I do and remember it as far back as preschool.

This site has a more detailed explanation of what it is: asmr-research.org/

There is also an asmr group on Facebook that is worth checking out.

If you do have this check out YouTube there are numerous trigger videos. If you have a special someone make sure to tell them about it because they can intentionally trigger it for you.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i didn't know there was a name for it. I have experienced something similar but I only feel a tingling sensation on my head. It doesn't happen often, and its been a long time since I have felt that. Does it go away when you reach adulthood?

• Thanks for replying. I looked up some videos on YouTube and sure enough I still have it.

• From what I've read it does decrease with age

What Girls Said 1

• there's a lot of sh*t that doesn't have to be talked about...

What Guys Said 2

• I’ll just leave this here:

ASMRelax.com

;)

• I watched a couple of the videos on YouTube and just found them annoying. I guess I don't have it.

• lol, + 3 points.