• Ask
  • myTake

What to do when my Ex who is also my boss at work broke up with me and now wants us to be friends still?

My immediate boss who is 35 years old, and single, is my first official boyfriend. I am 23 by the way who is still pursuing a higher degree while... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think there is anything wrong with being friends with him if the breakup was mutual. At the same time your not obligated to be friends with him, but like you said you do need to be friendly and kind to him for the sake of your job.

Now I'm not sure if your talking about friends with benefits but whatever the case, I think you should professionaly tell him that you would prefer to keep your relations strictly to the workplace if that's what you want. I do not see anything wrong with that.

• i actually wasn't given a choice. he wanted to be just friends. I tried to talk him out of it by saying that I don't give my consent and he agreed. but since then his treatment to me had been cold and I can't possibly live with that so I accepted the break up. p.s. just friends, no benefits whatsoever...

• thanks much... :) that's exactly what I want. but now I don't know how to react. I wanted to take a leave from work but he wouldn't let me. I insisted that he stop sending me messages and calling me his pet name for me but he wouldn't. I want to get over him.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

0/2500