Young kids in adult movies?

With the recent horribly loss of the sweet 6 year old in CO, it made me really question, why do people keep bringing young children to movies that clearly they should not be seeing yet? There was even a baby there from what I understand... someone in these people's lives has to be willing to watch the kids for them or can't they just go at a time when someone can? I know when I was growing up, my brothers and I NEVER were allowed in any movie like this until we were 13 and of course we had our parents. I know the batman movies are dark, fans have to know this, I don't get why people would do this? Its not just batman, I see it all the time in more "Adult" type movies. they make family movies for a reason...

it just bothers me... don't get me wrong, I am horribly sad for this beautiful little girl and her family, especially with her mom not even knowing yet. my heart aches. I've just often wondered why and with her death, it got me thinking of it again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you 100%. My parents were the same I never went to movies like this especially late at night. Its called bad parenting. Some parents care more about themselves then there children. Since I'm a teacher I know this for a fact because I see it every day at work. The parents wanted to see the movie so they dragged there children alone with them. They did not care if there children should have been in bed long before that. I could not believe when the news said that little kids were at the movie at that hour. Parenting has gone done hill in the last 10 years from what I've seen especially because there are so many young parents these days who are just too young and stupid to have children.