Arrested over a Facebook post.

Two women were arrested over a Facebook post. A college student in India posted a controversial status update on Fb, and her friend clicked the "Like" button. The status criticized the shutdown of India's financial hub for the funeral of a powerful Hindu politician.What do you guys think about this? Have you ever posted something controversial without even thinking about it? Sometimes we forget the freedoms we have in our country. :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I am from india and heard that in news...you know system is so much corrupted over here that Government using all the laws in their favour...we are living in democratic country and our constitution has 7 fundamental rights and among them one right is "right to speech" don't know why Government is forgetting these 7 basic roots...if you are from india then you must ve heard of Aseem(The cartoonist) case recently...i think this one also falls under same category...(Youth is slowly filling up with rage and a day will come when this rage will turn in to volcano and with its lava the whole current system will turn in to ashes...and a new system will be established on base of humanity)

What Guys Said 1

• yes. It has occurred in state right besides the state I live... but the thing is everyone has speech freedom: I really don't know why they did this ?! :\

What Girls Said 2

• This is crazy, what ever happened to freedom of speech? It's not like she threatened to bomb a bus or something. People are getting very paranoid these days.

• This is wrong. Facebook was created for us so we could easily express our opinion. When people get arrested, or when you use something that's been posted on Facebook in court, it makes no sense.We had an actual judge here in my country that expressed his opinion about a case on Facebook, before he got elected to judge that case. I am sure he'd act like a grownup man and be neutral in the case and not let his opinion get in the way. (I mean really, what difference should it make whether you express it online or keep it to yourself?) Well, in the end they found out about his little Facebook post and widrew him from the case. We made it easy to express our opinion.. But from what I have learned we cannot truly express our opinion.