Is it weird my boyfriend doesn't add me on fb?

He says he doesn't use it and hasn't touched it in a year. I found his fb because I wanted to know what his default was. (some people have funny defaults). It's an old photo and his hair hasn't been like that in a couple of months.

I don't mind it at all. If he doesn't use it then I can believe him right? Right. However my cousin says it's weird whenever I bring my boyfriend up to him. He says 'everyone uses fb' and 'as long as you have it, you use it. Doesn't matter if you do'n't use it use it..'

We met in spring and we didn't date till a couple of months after and doing the ldr right now because he moved back to his home town.

Is it really that weird we aren't fb friends?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• No, not weird. lol I actually know a couple who are really close to me.. they've been dating for over 6 years before they put it on Facebook, just because neither of them uses it. And they keep saying, "oh I should probably start using it because everyones on it.." but they just dont.

If you trust him in all other ways, then believe him in this too.

• I guess that makes sense, but if he honestly hasn't been on Facebook in over a year, I can see why he would see it to be pointless to sign on just to add you and then never use it again..

• He and you should be friends on Facebook even if you both or one of you does not use it that often. If your boyfriend has an account and you have it too, then you should be in his friend list. Ask him to add you normally. And if he refuses then there is something that he has got to hide from you.

What Guys Said 6

• why would he add you so his bitches know he's taken

• lol funny

• Your friend is full of sh*t. He sounds like he's making excuses to make you lose trust in this other guy because he likes you himself.

If he were still using his Facebook, it would be weird. There are lots of people who don't use theirs, though, and it's stupid to think that everyone who has ever made one still gets on there.

• makes sense, we are 12 years apart. but I wish he stop saying that, it's annoying and feels like he's deliberately trying to make me question. lol

• Then he could be overly defensive just because you're his little baby cousin.

• my 'friend' is actually my cousin who is like a big bro to me so you can throw that theory out the window. lol but thanks for backing up my defence.

• should never take fb seriously.

i have an ex friend who says that she's married as a lesbian.

she's dating a guy.

like I said, never take fb seriously. if you know you're dating your guy, then you're dating your guy, fb or not

• I go months at a time without checking my Facebook, there's nothing odd about it. Some of us aren't all that crazy about Facebook.

• I'm the same way I almost never use Facebook and when I do its to chat with people and just look at stuff while I'm bored/waiting. I very RARELY post updates on it. If that's the case with him then he's probably just embarrassed because you'll have way more friends than him on there and seem more popular/social.

• lol he's a pretty confident young man. My social life is more active then his but that's because I think his friends are scattered and he just graduated college. I go to shows/events a lot and he calls that 'extravagant'.

• I haven't touched my FB in almost two years...so it's not that weird. Now if he uses FB consistently and doesn't add you then...that's cause for concern.

Why would he add u? He's hasn't been on it! :-P

• exactly! but my cousin who is also my boss thinks it's weird! It's not bothering me because I trust him, but I was wondering if other people think it's weird.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't normally add people on fb, I just wait for people to add me. I asked him the day we got together and he said 'i quit a year ago because it was sorta consuming my life' so I just dropped it. I didn't think it was important enough to push it.