What to do when girlfriend is away?

My girlfriend is going abroad for this upcoming semester. And not only abroad, but across the world in Australia. We've been dating for 7 months now... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Personally, I would consider both cheating. I'd probably tell her that if she is so concerned about hooking up with others, then we should take a break while she's abroad and revisit the subject when she returns. After all, hooking up with others is almost the same as being single anyway.

But what I think doesn't matter. This is all about you and what you are comfortable with. You say that you're more comfortable with her kissing a girl than a guy - does that mean you ARE comfortable with it, or it's the lesser of two evils? You have to be honest with her, even if she may not appreciate what you have to say. You two need to work through this together, not just do what she wants when she wants it. A relationship is about discussion and compromise.

• It's the lesser of two evils. I feel that if I found out she kissed a girl I would be able to forgive her. This doesn't necessarily mean I should suggest it though you're right. Just because she want's it doesn't mean I need to be OK with it.

• Then you need to tell her that. You should feel every bit as comfortable in your relationship as she does.