I still enjoy watching childhood movies, girls is this a turn-off?

I'm 24 and I still enjoy watching kids movies that I used to watch when I was a child. I guess you could say I'm still a child at heart. Disney and pixar movies, just to name a few, are my personal favourites. Except when I watch them these days I actually understand what is going on and they have more meaning to them. Girls, would you be turned off if a guy you liked was still interested in watching kids movies?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Thats awesome. I love watching good kids movies, so its nice to watch them together. My boyfriend has most of the pixar and Miyazaki movies, and some of the disney movies as well, so when we feel like watching something fun and lighthearted we can watch those together. He also has dragonball z, pokemon, and digimon but we don't watch those.

What Girls Said 39

• Not at all.I enjoy some kids' movies too, and I definitely still like the ones I watched and loved as a child. It'd be a bonus, for me :-)

• That's a plus! I love those movies too. It'd be awesome to have a guy to watch them with me. I get so sappy and cuddly watching the love scenes from Lion King 2 and Tangled.

• If anything, it would be a turn-on for me. It's nice to know that some guys out there can still be simple, lighthearted and fun. But there's still a time to be serious, too.

• Im 28 and I'm watching despicable me right now, my girls are in the room at least lol. Secretly though I would watch children movies regardless. I actually love watching them and sharing them with my children :)

• Love it. I still watch the Jungle book and laugh at the memory of trying to dance like they do to "I wanna be like you", how annoying I must have been to my older brothers and sisters. I still try to do it though:-)

• don't forget the bare neccessities!

• No that is awesome! I love kids movies, even my favorite when I was kid Alvin and the chipmunk adventures.

• not turn on..but its cute :)

• Nope! I love watching Disney films! :D

• Big turn off! I want to feel like am in a relationship with a MANNot a 12 year old boy

• Lots of peopel who were born in the 80s and 90s still watch their favorite childhood movies. Disney, anyone? They are family movies with adult humour as well as kid humour, so it's understandable to enjoy them!I'm guessing that someone was teasing you about this? Screw them. (Well, not litterally.) You can like what you like. But if you find yourself shying away from adult decisions and responsibilities, etc, than it might be time to start growing up.

• Nope. I'm 26 and I still love watching childhood movies. I am watching Finding Nemo right now. I'd be happy if I met a guy who had no problem watching them with me. I love most Pixar movies. I still love the Lion King series and a few other Disney ones.

• No, I love the child in me too. I still watch cartoons and disney movies. To me it is definitely not a turn off. I think its rather cute :) Don't lose the child in you!

• Nope...love Disney movies and what not myself. I like watching these movies with guys anyways :) Aladdin is my fave haha

• No, that's really cute! If you cried in some of the movies that weren't that sad or anything then yeah that might be a turn off...but other than that it's kind of cute that you still watch those movies. You just need a girlfriend that loves those movies too so you can watch them together and then it's perfect! :D I'm sure there a ton of girls out there your age who would love to do that.

• Loooooove Disney. If a guy can enjoy something as classic, simple, and innocent as a Disney movie (as in, something that doesn't prioritize sex or violence), the guy is pretty well-rounded, and any woman your age will probably appreciate that. Annnd use it as an excuse to spend time with you.

• Nope, not a turn-off. A while ago my boyfriend and I found out that we loved the same movies as a kid and got really excited about watching them together after years and years.

• Yes honestly, that would be a major turn off.

• I definitely wouldn't get turned off. My husband and I watch disney and all the animated movies all the time.

• Its cute, and in no way weird,dnt worry.

• No! I LOVE watching Disney movies XD! I find it to be a major plus when my boyfriend wants to cuddle and watch childhood movies :D! I DO NOT get turned off by a guy like you that loves to watch childhood movies, I love them.

• Are you kidding? I couldn't date anyone who didn't appreciate animated movies. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider anyone who liked the live-action Transformers films. Those are much more puerile and brainless than Wall-e or Iron Giant.

• So cute! As long as everything else it manly enough that makes up for the inner child in you and you don't have like lion king wallpaper... then its so cute :) Almost like the older generation who still like to watch old black and white films, which I do actually like, but for them its almost the same scenario in a weird way? :) Hope this helps, its deffo cute though!

• Dude, that's cool. I'd watch them with you XD

• Dude, if a girl finds and issue with you watching Disney movies... then SHE'S the one with the problem.

• no ! I love Disney movies ! and you're right, we do understand what's going on better than before because we're older and have the ability to understand it ! My personal favorite is the little mermaid... I was named after Ariel !

• Nah, my boyfriend and I watch kids movies often. It's fun to have the old memories come back!

• I would totally watch kid movies with a guy! So cute!

• No way! I love watching animated movies, so all the better if the guy loves em too.

• I like them too!We would get along great

• I went to the theater to see Monsters Inc... I'm 20 .lol

• Show More

What Guys Said 8

• Lota girls like disney movies still, just don't act like a little kid.

• I think as long as you are not stuck with Barney and Bob the Builder, they should be ok.

• I always go see disney movies with girls, they like it. I'm not going to see a animated movie with my mates...

• As long as it isn't Barney or Teletubbies I think you're ok.

• I grew up on Disney movies, its part of my childhood. Still love watching them and thinking back of all the memories!

• Personally, I still watch Disney movies (actually have all of them) and other childhood movies. I love them. I'd rather search continuously for a girl who liked that than change it. ...That being said, I've never met a girl who didn't like it (so long as you don't act like a child and have your life together).

• guys are only supposed to watch p*rn, gory snuff videos online, and action/gangster movies. not kids stuff!j/kif a girl gets turned off because you like watch childhood movies then she isn't the one for you. I'm turning 26 years old and I still like to watch arthur, and I watch fresh beat band with my little nieces (cuz kiki is hot), and I like to watch old pbs programs I used to watch like shining time station, ghostwriter, reading rainbow, mr rogers, etc.

• Disney and Pixar movies are great