I still enjoy watching childhood movies, girls is this a turn-off?

I'm 24 and I still enjoy watching kids movies that I used to watch when I was a child. I guess you could say I'm still a child at heart. Disney and pixar movies, just to name a few, are my personal favourites. Except when I watch them these days I actually understand what is going on and they have more meaning to them. Girls, would you be turned off if a guy you liked was still interested in watching kids movies?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats awesome. I love watching good kids movies, so its nice to watch them together. My boyfriend has most of the pixar and Miyazaki movies, and some of the disney movies as well, so when we feel like watching something fun and lighthearted we can watch those together. He also has dragonball z, pokemon, and digimon but we don't watch those.

What Girls Said 39

• Lots of peopel who were born in the 80s and 90s still watch their favorite childhood movies. Disney, anyone? They are family movies with adult humour as well as kid humour, so it's understandable to enjoy them!

I'm guessing that someone was teasing you about this? Screw them. (Well, not litterally.) You can like what you like. But if you find yourself shying away from adult decisions and responsibilities, etc, than it might be time to start growing up.

• No, that's really cute! If you cried in some of the movies that weren't that sad or anything then yeah that might be a turn off...but other than that it's kind of cute that you still watch those movies. You just need a girlfriend that loves those movies too so you can watch them together and then it's perfect! :D I'm sure there a ton of girls out there your age who would love to do that.

• Loooooove Disney. If a guy can enjoy something as classic, simple, and innocent as a Disney movie (as in, something that doesn't prioritize sex or violence), the guy is pretty well-rounded, and any woman your age will probably appreciate that. Annnd use it as an excuse to spend time with you.

• That's a plus! I love those movies too. It'd be awesome to have a guy to watch them with me. I get so sappy and cuddly watching the love scenes from Lion King 2 and Tangled.

• Love it. I still watch the Jungle book and laugh at the memory of trying to dance like they do to "I wanna be like you", how annoying I must have been to my older brothers and sisters. I still try to do it though:-)

• don't forget the bare neccessities!

• If anything, it would be a turn-on for me. It's nice to know that some guys out there can still be simple, lighthearted and fun. But there's still a time to be serious, too.

• Its cute, and in no way weird,dnt worry.

• Dude, if a girl finds and issue with you watching Disney movies... then SHE'S the one with the problem.

• Im 28 and I'm watching despicable me right now, my girls are in the room at least lol. Secretly though I would watch children movies regardless. I actually love watching them and sharing them with my children :)

• Nope...love Disney movies and what not myself. I like watching these movies with guys anyways :) Aladdin is my fave haha

• So cute! As long as everything else it manly enough that makes up for the inner child in you and you don't have like lion king wallpaper... then its so cute :) Almost like the older generation who still like to watch old black and white films, which I do actually like, but for them its almost the same scenario in a weird way? :) Hope this helps, its deffo cute though!

• Nope. I'm 26 and I still love watching childhood movies. I am watching Finding Nemo right now. I'd be happy if I met a guy who had no problem watching them with me. I love most Pixar movies. I still love the Lion King series and a few other Disney ones.

• I definitely wouldn't get turned off. My husband and I watch disney and all the animated movies all the time.

• No that is awesome! I love kids movies, even my favorite when I was kid Alvin and the chipmunk adventures.

• Yes honestly, that would be a major turn off.

• No, I love the child in me too. I still watch cartoons and disney movies. To me it is definitely not a turn off. I think its rather cute :) Don't lose the child in you!

• Nope, not a turn-off. A while ago my boyfriend and I found out that we loved the same movies as a kid and got really excited about watching them together after years and years.

• Nope! I love watching Disney films! :D

• Are you kidding? I couldn't date anyone who didn't appreciate animated movies. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider anyone who liked the live-action Transformers films. Those are much more puerile and brainless than Wall-e or Iron Giant.

• No! I LOVE watching Disney movies XD! I find it to be a major plus when my boyfriend wants to cuddle and watch childhood movies :D! I DO NOT get turned off by a guy like you that loves to watch childhood movies, I love them.

• not turn on..but its cute :)

• no ! I love Disney movies ! and you're right, we do understand what's going on better than before because we're older and have the ability to understand it ! My personal favorite is the little mermaid... I was named after Ariel !

• No way! I love watching animated movies, so all the better if the guy loves em too.

• Nah, my boyfriend and I watch kids movies often. It's fun to have the old memories come back!

• I would totally watch kid movies with a guy! So cute!

• Dude, that's cool. I'd watch them with you XD

• Big turn off! I want to feel like am in a relationship with a MAN

Not a 12 year old boy

• Not at all! =) I love those movies

• Turn ON! :D

• Come on maaan, it's all good.

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 8

• I grew up on Disney movies, its part of my childhood. Still love watching them and thinking back of all the memories!

• Personally, I still watch Disney movies (actually have all of them) and other childhood movies. I love them. I'd rather search continuously for a girl who liked that than change it. ...That being said, I've never met a girl who didn't like it (so long as you don't act like a child and have your life together).

• I always go see disney movies with girls, they like it. I'm not going to see a animated movie with my mates...

• guys are only supposed to watch p*rn, gory snuff videos online, and action/gangster movies. not kids stuff!

j/k

if a girl gets turned off because you like watch childhood movies then she isn't the one for you. I'm turning 26 years old and I still like to watch arthur, and I watch fresh beat band with my little nieces (cuz kiki is hot), and I like to watch old pbs programs I used to watch like shining time station, ghostwriter, reading rainbow, mr rogers, etc.

• As long as it isn't Barney or Teletubbies I think you're ok.

• Lota girls like disney movies still, just don't act like a little kid.

• I think as long as you are not stuck with Barney and Bob the Builder, they should be ok.

• Disney and Pixar movies are great