I am feeling completely hopeless...is there any hope?

I lost my job 2 months ago, I have been looking but no luck, have had two interviews but nothing. I am totally broke too.The guy I am seeing has cancelled on me repeatedly. He is MIA all the time, I don't think he is that into me. We probably won't work out, I am still living at home due to a bad 5 year relationship that didn't work out and just feeling like there is no hope left. Is there? =(I lost my job 2 months ago, I have been looking but no luck, have had two interviews but nothing. The guy I am seeing has cancelled on me repeatedly. He is MIA all the time, I don't think he is that into me. We probably won't work out, I am still living at home due to a bad 5 year relationship that didn't work out and just feeling like there is no hope left. Is there? =( (And no I am not PMSing or depressed)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• Selected as most helpful

quote from the movie Blow which I love "Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

there is a huge world of people unfortunately dealing with similar problems. if you continue to work hard in all aspects of your life, by all reasonable expectations, you should eventually have good things come towards you.

After a bad relationship in 2006 I lived at home for 6 years. I got a job I wasn't thrilled about in 2007 (but paid well enough) at a staffing agency which led me to a better job in 2008. 2011 I met my current girlfriend. In 2012 I finally moved out of my parents place... life throws curveballs and it can feel like you are in the worst place in the world with little hope of getting out of it, but as long as you try and stay positive, take solace in the good things in your life, and keep yourself open to new things eventually good things will find you.

As far as the job. Have you tried a staffing/temp agency. From the outside these jobs may seem terrible but they can be good and can lead to better things. As far as relationships go explore all options (putting yourself out there, online dating, tell friends you want to be set up, etc)... just never give up

Good luck!

• There is. As long as you keep on living and never giving up, good things will come.

If you set yourself into it, you'll get yourself something rewarding at the end of the road.

I'm not telling you to do it, I'm just suggesting that why not become a financial advisor? You will never lose your job, and if you work really hard, your salary will be more than what the 50% of the U.S. is earning. Also, you will find the man that will be worthy of you because you'll be talking to a lot of people. Rejections will be plenty, however the pay is more than satisfying.

• My cousin is in the same "boat" as you. He's 30 and went through a series of job losses and had is heart broken twice as well. All of this over the past 3 years. It's caused him to move back in with his parents and has strained relationships with his friends due to his excessive drinking to hide the pain. He got a DWI and basically hit rock bottom. In 2013 he's vowed to cut back and stop drinking all together and be proactive with job searching. It's not easy for anyone to deal with these kinds of set backs and I see that in him. He's the greatest guy ever and deserves to be happy, but he continues to feel hopeless. All I can say is set personal goals for yourself and only jump one foot in at a time.

• Best of luck.

• That is too bad, I just drink at my friends houses and stay overnight so I won't get a DWI. I know plenty of people who've had those. At least he isn't drinking and bettering himself. I guess my personal goals is to get a career that is my first start then move out. I am not concerned with guys because I met tons of them all the time and when the right one comes along he will when I least expect it.