• Ask
  • myTake

BF is busy or just don't care?

I just recently got into a relationship, but I'm starting to wonder what I really am for this guy. I met him through a mutual friend and he added me... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You need to talk to him in person. Be clear, if you want an exclusive relationship with me, that means boyfriend and girlfriend, not some status stuck somewhere in between. Tell him, if he's too busy to communicate as much as you do in return, or that he doesn't think he has time to make it official, that you're not going to fault him, but that you can't be in a relationship like that, as it doesn't feel that both parties are giving it their all. Be prepared to walk away. If he doesn't agree to call it boyfriend and girlfriend, and put more effort into the communication, just tell him no hard feelings, I liked you at one point, but I honestly can't have a halfway relationship. It is time for me to move on. Then stop contacting him and find a new guy.

• Isn't that a bit harsh?

• Show Older
    • I guess you're right...

• To sumarize:1. Ask him if he doesn't like the idea of relationships, or if he thinks that it is a time commitment issue.2. If he's not crazy about relationships, just run, now.3. If it is an issue of time, work on making your schedules compatible. That must coincide with him being open with his communication and also going along with boyfriend/girlfriend status.4. Anything less than what I said in number 3 will leave you feeling unhappy. Don't demand, but state your concerns CLEARLY.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Did you have sex yet?

• What kind of question is that? Of course we did!

• Show Older
    • He has plenty to chase. I promise.

• He doesn't see you as relationship material anymore, you gave it up too soon and too easily. Give yourself a 6 month rule or something next time. Make the guy work and wait.