• Ask
  • myTake

Is this guy interested if all he's doing is texting me?

So here's the deal... About 7 months ago, I met this guy at a party and we seemed to hit it off really well. I could tell he was into me. He'd find... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• This guy sounds like he's not as into it as you may think. No one's job is so demanding that in 7months they couldn't make time to go out with a girl they are interested. Not even the president's schedule is that busy.The fact that it never progressed from texting tells me he is either not that into you or he is a poor communicator.I wouldn't say you are being strung along since you could have easily called him at any time but it does sound (pretty sure) that he isn't that into you otherwise he would've made an effort to spend time with you

• We've talked on the phone too, but we text all day, everyday since that party. Every once in a while, there's a 1-2 day break, but it always picks up again. His job is no excuse, I agree, but he's an undercover cop, so his hours are crazy. I ask about being strung along because he insists that he wants to hang out, even when I give him the option to throw the towel in by just being honest with me if he really doesn't want to see me. But he always replies with, "that's not the case" and I don't get it

• Show Older
    • I want to talk to him about it but, because I'm not his girlfriend, isn't that a little serious at this point? I don't want to come off as a psycho, because I'm not. I'm actually a really laid back, chill girl. I get that guys need to be guys and all that. Which is why I'm not putting pressure on him - I don't think that'll help my case. But you're right - its not fair to me. And this can't go anywhere like this. Is it crazy to say something though since he's technically not accountable to me?

• i mean it may freak him out since you two aren't dating officially, but there has been a long span of back and forth and him leading you on (intentionally or not) and you shouldn't dangle on a string for so long.

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 2

• 7 months and no face to face girl? Yeah he's just stringin you along. WTH are you waiting around for? MOVE ON

• I feel that if a guy wants to see you then he will. You guys met 7 months ago and he hasn't had time? It seems that he is keeping his options open/ might just want to be friends. Have you tried not responding to his text messgaes for a couple of days? At this point I would say you guys are friends and not get your hopes up. Go out with other guys.

• I haven't tried not responding, mostly because I was hoping that he'd eventually get a clue. I'm sure a lot of people say this about themselves, but I'm a great catch, and I can't understand why I have such an issue finding guys who are great catches, too. I just so badly want to meet someone worth spending my life with, and I didn't want to give up on him without trying first. Bc he's a great guy - we get along so well and just fit well together. But I don't know why he doesn't see that.

• I've considered putting him on the spot/calling him out, but I'm not his girlfriend. He doesn't owe me any explanations because he's technically not accountable to me. But he's said things to me that don't leave room for misinterpretation, which is why I think he's trying to keep me as an open option if he decides to take it. Bc if he's not interested, then he's been sending me some severely mixed signals. You prob think I'm an idiot for even holding out, but he's given me reason to think I should.