What religion am I and what is it called?

So for background I'm still being raised in a catholic family although we are not devote(as in going to church every Sunday) . From 5th to 8th grade I went to a christian school which I extremely disliked due to the fact that they try to enforce their believes onto others,now I'm a junior and I've been going to a catholic high school. And this year I had a total jesus freak of a religion teacher and all the stuff she talks about makes me realize how many things I disagree with in the catholic church. So this is what I believe in I believe that God sent Jesus to die for our sibs, I believe he loves us AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN OUR LIVES/WORLD. I believe that angels can be incarnated into people in our world(one of my disagreements with the catholic church).so I'm leaning towards the major monotheistic religions, but I also believe that it is not necessary to be part of a community or a physical church,i believe we have to do good deads, but at the same time I'm not like the people that ride their bikes door to door trying to convince, I think their Mormons or Jehovah's witness but I'm not like the religion that thinks that the only way to get to heaven is through good deeds. I believe I can just believe in god have prayer and private moments of meditation and live a good life helping others or just not doing bad, I disagree with physical sacraments but I do believe in miracles. Now I've looked online but I can't find something that fits me from my understanding I think its like this but I don't fit into amy of theseAtheist:deny gods' or God's existenceDeists:believe in a god but think he just made the world and is now absentAgnostics:think there is a God but can never be 100% sure and they doubt a lotI know I don't want to be part of a group or church but I would still like a new or category to identify myself with

Well after searching for a while , I might have found something, I really don't want consider myself any type of christian because now I don't any association to a major religion( I still believe in Jesus/god),but after looking online I found paganism, I know most people associate it with magic and norse Gods but by its loose definition it means " without religion" so ill just consider my self that, and as for labeling myself, its mot that I want to be part of something, but I just need a name

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You are still Christian but not really orthodox. I'd recommend going to visit a variety of different denominations to see which one suits you best if you want to continue going to church, or you can practice your religion at home. There's no rule that says you are only Christian if you go to church. Its just a lot of people get solace out the social aspect of going to church/temple/mosque/whatever.Religion is a very personal thing. Any denomination you look at will probably have aspects you don't agree with completely. If you want to include some level of going to church in your spiritual life, you just find the denomination you most agree with.Here's a chart comparing the major denominations that might be helpful to you. link You could also look at wikipedia for an extensive list of every single denomination available, but that's really long and in-depth so it might help you to at least narrow it down a bit into which categories speak to you most. But like I said, you can still be Christian without going to church. The teachings of Christianity are more about how you act on a daily basis than about the number of times you sat listening to someone talk about what you should/should not believe.

• Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity. If you believe in Jesus as the son of God you are Christian. But you don't have to align yourself with any denomination if you don't believe in any of them. Hell, you can start your own denomination if you want. You just asked what religion you are and I answered to the best of my ability.

• Dude, not to troll but Catholicism, which you admit to have been is a sect of Christianity. Id say the closest thing you've got going is non-denominational christianity which is essentially ignoring what most or all other sects add to their religion that doesn't come straight from the Holy Bible. In a sense the reason you haven't found what you are on the web is because its not there. You are taking the majority of a popular belief and altering it into what you think is true. Call it what you want

• I was never a christian I was catholic but I still find it very hard to identify myself with any of those,since its not small disagreements that I have but rather very large turn offs for both,and I really have no intention of partaking in any religious community or attemd amy services,but thank you anyways

What Girls Said 16

• If you were baptized Catholic, you are technically still Catholic.

• Christianity. Non-denominational perhaps. You might like this. (; link

• If you believe in Jesus you are a Christian. As you get older you'll probably find that there are lots of things about your faith and religion that you are unsure of. If you don't want to attend services I wouldn't get hung up on finding a label for yourself, lots of organized religions only regonize you as a full member after some initiation, and if you don't intend to convert its hard to lable yourself as a member. If you feel the need to identify yourself in someway you may want to look at the Unitarian Universalist church they encourage diversity of views but are rooted in European Christianity.

• once you believe that jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins and you accept him as your lord and savior the you are a christian catholics place more emphasis on the virgin marry rather than christ. but acording to scriptures church doesn't have to be a physical structure. god made man in his own image and god dwells in everyone of us. the purpose of the church is a place for fellowship and giving prays and prayer to almighty GOD. many of your questons you may find answers to at got quesations .org and check out their FAQ section. if you like it and it answers your ques. let me know please

• Why do you have to label your religion? I don't believe in church or religion personally..I believe in god/jesus/angels..I was never baptiesd..went to church for something to do when I was younger as I was always alone at home...I don't remember them preaching a lot about religion which now that I think about it a little weird...anyways...i don't worship and I feel at peace with him and all I do..I take his words in my life and live by them...I treat others the way I want to be treated...I help myself so god can help too...i don't steal or murder...incredibly against cheating/adultery...I don't judge those around me..I do random acts of kindness and belive there is good in everyone..I have a cross with a mother mary pendent necklace and a davids star necklace in the same jewlery box and where them often on different days...I think the only true sin you could ever commit in your lifetime is not living the way you truly believe to...meaning..to live your life how you want to ...god has no stipulations just because man wrote it in a book and pased it out..I see more evil walk into church and kill in the name of god...makes it really hard for me to believe that god would want anyone to kill over a difference of opinion...its all about controlling the masses and keeping all those who challenge it in fear of pain and torture...believe in yourself and follow your path..good luck

• There is something called non-denomination Christian. They are Christians that don't believe it's important to narrow your belief into one box. They are connected by the belief in Jesus but other beliefs can be varied. The churches are actually really nice because not everyone is the same, there is differences of opinion and it's tolerated because they aren't following just one strict set of guidelines.

• I feel like you are still Catholic.

• Why do you need a name for your religion? Honestly, you're like any other Christian in your beliefs, just not an evangelist, and there's nothing wrong with that. Have you ever tried attending a non-evangelical church? I have never once felt pressured by my church to do anything. We don't go door to door, and we don't try and convince people to join us. We figure if God is leading somebody to the church, they will come to us for information. We have that information ready for them if they do, but nobody is judged, even church members. anyway, you should look up non-evangelical groups in your area. Just a thought.

• I agree with everyone saying 'why label yourself'. I'm in the same boat, went to a catholic elementary school from k-7, and have refused to go to church ever since. I guess you could say I'm spiritual, but against the whole organized religion aspect?

• idk. but I agree with people trying to enforce beliefs, I went to a Catholic school so I know what you mean

• how about believe what you want and screw trying to label yourself.. I'm sure Jesus never thought "I wonder what religion I am?"

• Let me ask you a question... why do you have to belong to a religion? I mean, why is the brand what you use to identify yourself, rather than your personal beliefs?

• Agnostics don't really doubt God's existence but believe he created the world, set it into motion, and let us do as we please with no interference. Sometimes what we believe can't be put into a broad definition in hopes of summing everything up or finding where we fit in. You have to pick and choose with all religions what you believe is absolutely right and what is wrong. It's OK to disagree with aspects as long as you share most of the same general principles. Hey maybe you just aren't made for organized religion, I know I'm not even though I carry many of the same beliefs that my family and their church have.

• I briefly scanned through what you wrote, and to me you sound Protestant. Look it up, I could be wrong but its worth a shot.

• There's plenty of Christian denominations that believe in what you believe in. Catholicism is merely a branch of Christianity. Not all branches of Christianity are as "extreme" as some denominations like Catholicism in my opinion. What religion are you? You're a Christian, same as before but if that's not enough for you then you can look under all the sub denominations of Christianity.

• why label yourself? I know people like to be part of something,but it's not necessary for you to have a name for your beliefs. beliefs should be alive-they should evolve as we gain more knowledge-so confining yourself within a certain religion will only discourage you from thinking for yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like a Unitarian to me.

• I would say you're a christian, but the bible clearly says that deeds don't get you to heaven and that the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus. Saying that good deeds are necessary is taking some of your trust from jesus. I don't know. its like you're picking and choosing parts of christianity, but not the whole pie...

• No offense if your christian but really dislike christianity and the whole way they view a community, I do agrre I'm taking peices from otger religions but I feel as if it is most ftom catholicism, and I'm not saying that good deeds are the only way but I'm not taking away from jesus I'm just saying that you can really go to heaven if you do bad things so you might as well do good and doing good is part of loving your neighbor as yourself, I know this is a christian quite but many ither religions

• You're beginning to think for yourself, that's what you are. Congratulations.

• if you need to*i need to shoot myself, that's like the worst grammatical sin possible

• Why does it need a name? Understanding is a process. You know more than you used to know, and in the future you'll have an even more developed understanding. Your beliefs will change over time. Explain the best that you can, and attach labels if you need too, but ultimately everyone's religion and everyone's beliefs are their own.

• Thanks but don't you think there's a name or something that I can describe my self by, I mean if someone asked me what religion I was I can't really answer it, I know what I believe in but I don't know the name