Why do some people talk down on people that work at fast food?

I don't work at fast food but I see these memes on Facebook saying "McDonald's giving people with swag jobs since 1940" seriously? I know Its just a... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol @ the meme

Nah if I saw that meme and worked there I'd probably laugh. Come on it's a joke, it's comedy it's not meant to be taken with any grade of seriousness at all.

But, I do have acquaintances who somehow think it's hilarious that a guy works in fast food, and that it's something to scoff at. like "ahahahahaha X's boyfriend works at Burger King". That is so epicly f***ing lame. Thinking you're a better human being than someone else cause you happened to be born in a richer family is just so low. I really have no respect for people like that.

The worst is when they do it in person. Why would you ever disrespect an employee to his face when you're ordering food from him, Do you like burgers that have been dragged on the floor or spit in? Then why on earth would you disrespect the person making your food? Not only does that make you a sh*tty person but it also gets you high probability of disgusting sh*t landing in your food.