Catholics, why do you say that salvation needs works?

How can you say that you need works to keep your salvation through works? when you have verses like Ephesians 2: 8-9? And even in Galatians 2:21, it said "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" If we need to follow the... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not Catholic, though I am a Christian. I think that all you need to do to gain salvation is to belive in and love Jesus, and ask him forgiveness for your sins. That being said, doing good in this world is certainly a good idea, it can't hurt to do good for others. Not only that, but wouldn't it be best to err on the side of caution, and do works just in case faith isn't enough?

• yeah of course you should do good works. good works represents your faith. how can you say that you're a christian if you don't have good works? but you don't need it for your SALVATION.