Your favorite movie Easter egg

A lot of movies these days have a ton of hidden Easter eggs hidden in their frames. Disney loves to hide their Mickey's in the movies and Pixar references to past and up-coming movies in theirs. How about that one scene in the original TRON where you can see pac-man? Then there was the time when we realized Alien and Predator movies were set in the same universe in Predator 2!some of my favorites (that later on blew my mind when I heard about them, and had to go back and see the movie) were:George Harrison trying to get healed by the messiah-Brian, from Monty Pythons "Life of Brian"In the beginning of "Watchmen" Night Owl is punching the robber (Joe Chill) who killed Mr. and Mrs. Wayne In Iron Man 2, Agent Coulson had to leave because there was an "incident" in Southwest/New Mexico. Apparently Thor's hammer needed a babysitter more than Tony.Those were just few of my favorite Easter eggs (and the once I can remember). Witch once are yours?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm a movie junkie, so there's a lot to count. The most RECENT one I saw was in Percy Jackson 2; Nathan Fillion plays... someone's dad. I don't want to give it away... but he makes a reference to a (fictional) TV show; he mentioned that it was one of the best TV shows out there, so it was, of course, cancelled after one season. Fillion was on a show called Firefly, which has a cult following, and it lasted one season. (Technically, it also works as an actor Easter egg because in most of the shows / movies he's in, you can find references to Firefly). Technically, I don't count them as Easter eggs, but I love the details in Back to the Future. Little things you don't notice, like Twin Pines mall becoming Lone Pine mall after Marty goes back in time and accidentally destroys a tree on the same land that the mall will be built on. (Oh, and Old Man Peabody (the farmer who owns the land) has a son named Sherman... a reference to Rocky and Bullwinkle, where Sherman and Mr Peabody go back in time). I like in Shaun of the Dead where a character explains the whole plot to the movie (toward the beginning) without you realizing it. There are tons of references in there because the guys are huge action flick geeks and zombie flick geeks. The Thing and Iron Man both have people giving away twists or secrets towards the beginning; we don't realize it because we don't speak the language.

What Guys Said 4

• Pursuit of Happiness ending where Will Smith (playing Chris Gardner) actually walks by the real Chris Gardner. Didn't find out until later that it was actually him, got goosebumps all over, went back and watched that scene and almost shed a tear, such an incredible story.

• In one of the iron man movies you can see Capt Americas shield.

• They're very obvious Easter eggs, but in The Expendables 2, towards the end. Schwarzenegger, Willis, and Stallone are all quoting each others' movies. And when Chuck Norris drops a Chuck Norris fact during his cameo :-)In Superman Returns, a newscaster is listing off all the places where Superman has been spotted. Gotham City is one of them.In Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny Depp modeled Jack Sparrow's movements, gestures, mannerisms, etc. from Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. Keith Richards makes a cameo as Jack Sparrow's father in Pirates 3.In the TV show NCIS, we know that the characters Gibbs and Ducky have known each other for years. One character asks Gibbs what Ducky looked like when he was younger. Gibbs responds "Illya Kuryakin". David McCallum, who plays Ducky in NCIS, played Illya Kuryakin on The Man from U.N.C.L.E.In Monsters, INC., towards the end, when Sully is taking Boo home, Boo hands him a bunch of her toys. Nemo (Finding Nemo) and Jesse the Yodeling Cowgirl (Toy Story 2) are among them.In Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Indiana Jones is in the pit in Egypt, on the wall of hieroglyphics, you'd have to pause it and look really well, but you will be able to find C-3PO and R2-D2 on the frame.Those are the ones I can think of for right now.

• Yeah, Disney/Pixar is really good with the Easter eggs.

• I know of another Pixar Easter egg. In Finding Nemo, when Gil is outlining his plan to escape the tank and they show a fantasy sequence of how the escape will go, when they're crossing the road in their fish baggies, you see the Pizza Planet Toyota truck from Toy Story drive by.

• I remember hearing about a Disney that has a single nude frame in it, the animators apparently snuck it in and it wasn't found until years later, I think once the movie released on dvd. That's pretty funny.My favorite movie Easter egg is when you see the Millenium Falcon fighting the Borg cube in Star Trek: First Contact, Industrial Light and Magic, who did the CGI for both Star Wars and First Contact, snuck it in there. I also like the "He's Gay" Easter egg in Return of the Jedi, when Bib Fortuna walks up behind Leia while she's disguised as a bounty hunter and is facing C-3PO and quietly says to her what sounds like "he's gay", but according to the subtitles for the movie, is a huttese phrase. In the next shot, Boba Fett nods. There is some disagreement over just who is gay, C-3PO or Boba Fett, due to the way the scene is set up. I'd put my money on C-3PO, based on his mannerisms. It's a hilarious scene though. link

• Haha clever.

• Here's a picture of it, it's just below the Akira-class ship's warp nacelle on the left side of the screen: link

• Really? See, now I want to watch Star Trek: First Contact just to look for it!

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!