• Ask
  • myTake

Why do women want Edward Cullen!?

Yes oh yes I asked the question. Edwards traits: Caring, Kind, Compassionate, Strong, Secure, and very knowledgeable. What turns women on most... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm not gonna pretend to know all the answers haha, but here's what I think.I agree that his intensity has a lot to do with it. He loves Bella purely and completely; he would do absolutely anything for her. I think a lot of girls long for that. The fact that he also has a dangerous element (he could possibly kill her if he's not careful enough) I guess makes it more risky, or challenging. I'm sure that's probably a part of the story to make the romance more interesting, and it generally works.Something I personally liked is how mature his character is meant to be (MEANT to be, though that isn't always the case). He has a century of knowledge and self-discipline, old-fashioned manners, and isn't superficial. Basically, he's pretty good at being charming.But I'm not such a completely obsessed fan to the point where I'd say he's perfect, because he's not, at least not in my opinion.He can be very controlling over Bella; yes it's because he cares about her, but he gets to the point where he won't even listen to her point of view because he thinks he knows what's best for her all the time. I know that really annoyed me while reading.His angst is also a bit too much at times, what with the whole "I'm such a monster, I'm horrible, I don't deserve love." It gets a little repetitive. I think it's a nice idea to have a character like that, but it's fiction for a reason; it's so incredible that it couldn't exist. I mean, what would you do with someone who was so intense all the time? It's nice to read about, but having it would be different, less magical I guess.And I have fuming opinions on Robert haha, I really don't like him. I think his acting was barely enough to scrape by and that the fans just love him because he's playing someone who's supposed to be perfect. I understand that they can't find an actor who would be gorgeous and perfect for everyone, but they definitely could've gotten better than him.Anyway, don't know if that was helpful at all because I kind of figured it out as I went, but there you go :]

• Absolutely wonderful - and a pleasant read mind you. You covered all the bases I was talking about and not keeping it solely on looks or feelings but went more indepth on actions! I would strongly recommend a career in writing because you kept my attention the whole way, while also stimulating my mind into thinking for myself.That is a great point I wasnt aware of regarding edward being controlling of Bella. Thanks for your insight!

• Aw thank you :DYeah a writing career is probably my best bet at this point according to other people haha.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, I haven't read the books or seen the movie, so I'm still more interested in living, breathing men rather than a fictional character. Something tells me I would still be interested in real guys even if I did know the character better. I don't care how "perfect" he is, he's not real.

• He's inhumanly gorgeous. He loves Bella so much and he wants to protect her and watch over her and make sure she is safe. Bella isn't creeped out by him watching her as she sleeps because she loves him as much as he loves her and she wants to be around him as much as possible. He's interesting and unlike anyone Bella has ever met before. He's bad but he doesn't want to be that way. He's very smart and he puts Bellas life before his own. He's exciting. For the record, I actually liked Jacob better. And Robert Pattinson is not hot at all. I don't know why girls find him attractive. Edward Cullen is hot in the book but Robert is just weird. If he wasnt playing Edward, girls wouldn't find him attractive. He definitely wasnt hot in Harry Potter. Taylor Lautner who played Jacob was good-looking and so was Kellen Lutz who played Emmett but Robert is just weird.

• Awesome comment! Man that blew me away reading this - So, the excitement from him wanting to protect her but bringing that danger into her life is a key factor; however, he also brings into play the fact that he isn't just going on thrills but actually shows his compassion.. Not bad. Probably the best answer so far, I'd like to see more comments like this!Now, as far as the characters being hot/etc I wouldn't know - so unfortunately that would be up to the ladies to discuss ;)Best regards

• i just glanced over the other replies so if I repeat sorry.the selling point for me, was his love for bella. he tried to protect by leaving [a few times] but his love for her made him come back.bella on the other hand never quite fit in, and was like everyone looking for a place to belong. and she found it with Edward and his family, she got what she was looking for [if she knew it or not] in edward loving her.and that bella is also the like normal teenager, and she meets the perfect guy [at least for her] and it's a twisty little fairytale. and I'd think most people would love that to happen. maybe not with a vampire but someone who would love them in the same way that they love each and that they both just try to get by and do what's best for the other while they get to indulge in selfishly being with the other.okay rambling probably didn't make my point. but it's the love between the two of them that makes me care about them and love them both. the traits of edward could be annoying/creepy in real life but at the end of the day he is just a characters and it works for his story. and people having little crushes on actors/characters are always going to happen. it's just a fantasy world that everyone should escape to every now and then, nothing to fret over.and the movie sucked...all the good stuff is in the books.

• I have a strong dislike for Edward Cullen, I am sorry. He sucks, and lacks emotional depth and I honestly don't know why and Edward / Bella like each other (at least from the movie). Bella is worse...her family was good for her and good to her, and she ditches that for some guy. We only have one family , one mother and one father (traditionally, anyway), but we have many opportunities to have lovers. Why I dislike Edward:he puts his family in jeopardy and causes his family troublehe puts bella in jeopardy has very shallow reactions

• Another thing, it's not that there aren't good guys out there. It's just that girls search for the wrong guys and looking in the wrong places

• Valid point in your original post; however I disagree with your comment. Women tend to look for excitement as-well-as what you mentioned in your comment.. there are many contributing factors to women receiving a wrongful relationship.

• Judging from the movie is a poor thing to do. it was terrible and did not to the book or characters any justice at all. the whole point is that she met him and fell in love with him and that was it. and why wouldn't she ditch her family it is her life and she has to make her own decisions. and besides her family loves her anyway and they support her and love her the whole time. and even stay in her life probably past the last book.

• i read the books. and for me, it's edward's intensity. I LOVE an intense man. it's wanting something you know you can't have. like an obsession. the whole relationship between edward and bella in the books and movies is this intense, passionate, dangerous obsession, and as beautiful, intelligent, strong, compassionate, and mysterious edward is, he is still dangerous, but without wanting to be.i've never met anyone that could be considered like edward. I wish I could though. lol

• Hmm.. now with this "dangerous" edward you also said he is beautiful strong and mysterious, which come off as an exterior appearance in my opinion; you also mentioned he is intelligent and compassionate, but how can you differ this character, if you will, against those you find in real life? What makes him so different I guess =/Nice insights, overall I liked the comment

• Beauty isn't just on the outside though. edward has inner beauty as well. he cares more about bella than himself, he would rather drink animal blood than the human blood he craves because he doesn't want to be a monster. i guess I should specify. the guys that I know that have edward-like qualities are not single. haha. guys that I know who are single and in my area are more about sex than any type of relationship.

• Well spoken!! Thanks for your input, it put some thoughts into perspective (Regarding guys caring about the person they are with) <-- I'm also adding this to my conclusion on other questions regarding mystery/excitement ... once I come to a master resolution I will probably try to incorporate this in my own life. Thank you for your support on my question

• I am happy to say I do not want Edward Cullen I don't think me and him have a lot in common.(LOL)He just seems too unreal and I think I would get bored of him...he has very basic traits but nothing unique about him at all. Very blah in my opinion.I've never been the type of gal to go crazy over silly celebrities anyways.I feel sorry for those girls who think they can find a real live Edward, he is a fictional characterand it's easy to make fictional characters 'perfect'It's all nonsense in my opinion.:)

• Valid point, thanks for the agreement +1

• At first I liked him because I saw that Robert Pattinson was playing him and I have liked him since I saw him in Harry Potter. When I saw the movie I liked him for many reason. The lines that he said were things that I think all women want to hear. He did everything in his power to protect Bella. The scene that really got me was when he drove up in his car and saved her from those guys. I think every girl would want a guy to protect and love her like he does. It does suck that when you come back to reality and see that guys really aren't like that.

• You lost me with the first sentence sorry to say =/ I won't read any more

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, initially, Edward just acts like a total dick towards Bella. Maybe that's the hook. . . . .

• lol...finally someone asked this question!dude you are awesome!

• Thank you for the compliment - I really want to see any insight; what are your thoughts on the subject? Have you encountered a lot of posts about "Edward Cullen's Movie Character"