Good idea to try and figure out what went wrong and what I should change next time?

after a failed relationship I decided to start writing down a list of all the things that went wrong or maybe I shouldn't of done , its pushing a page and a half now so I did a lot of things that didn't work out with this girl and paid the price . so I decided I wanted to determine what exact things I did that I shouldn't ever do with another girl if I want to actually have success .

is this a good idea or I'am I wasting my time ? I've accepted the fact relationship with this girl is over so its not about trying to get her back but about what to do differently in future encounters with girls

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's a good idea to list things you may have done wrong or things to improve upon, but I also think you don't want to beat yourself down.

be positive as well as critical of yourself. so maybe for every one thing you did wrong make sure you note something you did positive. maybe you'll start noticing trends (e.g. in certain circumstances you tend to make a mistake whereas other places you do quite well)

you want to create a basis for improvement but it's hard to feel as though you can improve if it's sort of a bottomless pit of self improvement

• the problem with this girl situation is that it seems like everything went wrong that could of , some of it was out of my control as other people said or did things but I did a lot myself I shouldn't of . I didn't do much right when trying to date this girl but I will keep in mind the positive things I did when trying to meet girls this summer cause some must of worked as I did meet a number of hotties this summer but failed to start the real relationship I wanted