• Ask
  • myTake

Finally saw Man of Steel, and it makes no sense.

Okay, I finally saw man of Steel from redbox, and it's utterly ridiculous. It makes no sense. 1. Superman's dad, at the beginning of the movie,... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You know what I was going to rent it last night too but now that I hear this lol I might not.

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

• I know right it is a mix of spiderman, Harry Potter and thorHis birth parents are betrayed to save him they send him to Earth in a spaceship (HP reference)Then his parents die He grows up on Earth - adopted by a couple who can't have kidsHe causes accidents when he gets angry so they relocate to a farmThen as he grows up he goes into this caveDiscover his real identityEvil spaceship find out who he is and then want himHe falls in love with a reporter after he saves herTo protect her and the world he hands himself overHis adopted mother gets kidnapped He saves her In the end he kills the bad man who wants his blood since it contains others DNA he needs to create a army of clones you could say and saves the day

• agreed. that movie sucked

What Guys Said 2

• 1) the issue wasn't krypton, but what they had become. They were a society so constricted by what was good for the society rather than individual freedom. Having a natural child birth was jor-el's 'crime'. Freedom to live and choose includes the 'morons'. Jor-el warned the planet they were doomed, but the wouldn't listen.2) yes, clark could have saved his dad, but the whole point of what Jonathan wanted was for his kid's powers to be hidden. Yes, it is irrational, but so are most parents.3) they realize this, but for the most part cannot handle the new stimulus. That was the key issue. Superman had 30+ years to acclimate himself. The Kryptonians from the phantom zone had no such time.They wanted to terraform earth, because that's what they did on all the other planets they explored. As with most people, the status quo is as far as they think

• So... superman's dad *wanted* everyone to get wiped out? Didn't the fact that Zodd realized their politicians had doomed them, and wanted to take fate into his own hands, mean he had mentally been liberated, like Jor-el, and would probably even had sex without protection? That he wanted to change things and make a better society? And doesn't that mean that Jor-el is indeed a genocidal maniac, who didn't want anyone to survive but his kid?

• He didn't want everyone wiped out, he warned them that the end result would happen. He even "saved" their DNA in his sons body. He realized that a strictly planned society is ultimately doomed. Zod just wanted to pick up that same doomed society and move it elsewhere. Jor-el had no plan to revive krypton upon Earth, just wanted that information there for safe keeping.

• I hate movies with logical fallicies like that. I saw the trailer and I never wanted to watch the movie.

• I'm regretting I wasted my time on it. It makes no sense.

What They Said On Facebook