Ex girlfriend has a new boyfriend...we just broke up...what is everyone's thoughts about facebook relationships...

hello out there,

my girlfriend and I of 11 months broke up a week ago today.

it was "mutual," however I was the one who officially ended.

when browsing her facebook today I saw she was already in a relationship with a new guy.

now, I think facebook relationships are stupid.

when I start dating a girl the first thing I do isn't say "we are dating now...lets make it official on facebook." it isn't necessary at all if you ask me. when me and my ex girlfriend dated we never put our relationship on facebook. we were happy with each other no matter if it said it on a web site or not.

should I put any stake into this?

i mean it can bs -- it can be a dumb joke to screw with me.

it can be serious, but maybe they are just seeing or dating each other and not really boyfriend and girlfriend.

i know we are broke up...so why should I care?

i thought there was a chance after being away for sometime we'd get back together.

that is why I am upset now.

thoughts?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• First off, I'm right there with you with the facebook relationships. The fact that some people feel the need to publicize their relationships so that everyone can see them and they can feel good about themselves is beyond me. With that being said, it's COMPLETELY immature to make up a boyfriend in order to make someone jealous. you know your ex better than any of us do. does she seem like she would be capable of steeping that low just to raise her self-esteem? It is possible that she actually does have a new boyfriend this soon. often times girls who have been in relationships and break up hate the feeling of being alone again and quickly move on to another guy. She might not be as attached to him as she was to you, but in her mind someone is better than no one. My advice would just be to ask her about it. You don't have to interrogate her and make her feel uncomfortable, just merely ask how she's been and mention that you noticed her status changed and ask who the guy is. And then you'll have the answer to your question...

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know if I think it's dumb, but it does bother me sometimes.

I ended up unfriending my ex on facebook because I found he was in a new relationship and his new girlfriend uploaded a ridiculous amount of pictures of the two of them together. I mean, I'm sure they're happy together and there's nothing wrong with expressing the happiness, but it's just something I personally don't want to observe because of the history he and I have.

It doesn't necessarily bother me when other friends I know do similar things though because some of them I don't see much and I'd like to know how their lives are unfolding and if they're happy.

So I dunno. I guess, in my opinion, facebook is for friends. Not exes. If it starts to look like she's getting serious with this new guy, I'd unfriend her. Maybe let her know it's nothing personal beforehand if you want, but definitely unfriend her. You're obviously not over it and remaining friends on that site will just be torturous.

• To me myspace and facebook is stupid and espeically dating on them. Of course your gonna care but you did end things with her. But within a week I don't think anyone can get a new boyfriend and be serious. She is probably trying to make you jealous. DO NOT LOOK AT HER PAGE.

• Haha. no worries.

have not and will not look again anytime soon.

• I am 95% sure she is lying to make you jealous. I've done that before... I got my male friend to pretend that he's my boyfriend so that I can make my ex notice me.

• Just to play devils advocate...but what good does that do?

i mean I'm not going to go cry to her telling her I want her back now.

i thought there was a chance we'd get back, but that won't be the case now.

What Guys Said 2

• That's a tough situation you're in. If I were you, I'd read this link carefully. You need to give her space and most importantly, give yourself space. I feel for you and I know you will be fine. Be patient and everything will work out just fine.

• Yah, I hate it to. They leave you to be alone, and find someone else and are happy. It's really depressing. lol.