How much effort and $$$ do you put into Vday?

There are a ton of Valentine's day questions but I wondered what do you guys actually do for your SO on Vday? Do you put a lot of thought into it or are you like "meh, here's a heart shaped whatever"?
Idc about vday that much but in the future I plan on moving it to Feb 15 so my future boyfriend and I can raid the discount chocolate aisle and roll around in all the dollaz we saved like kings.

Most Helpful Guy

• LMAO. I like how you think! None whatsoever. If I did have a girlfriend I'd like to send her a big ass teddy bear and a box of chocolates :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I send flowers to my parents every year (usually about $45-60) since they live out of town. Then as a family we go to one of our local bookstores and everyone in the family gets to pick out a book. That's our Valentine, since everyone at our house loves to read. That usually costs me around $80-100.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• It never was a really big day in the US. Even when I was single, we all though it was pretty cheesy and artificial and SOO commercialized!

• None, and none. I get little things for those I choose to be in relationships with throughout the year rather than on just one day.

• Damn I like how you think... minimal effort with maximum reward lol
    Well you know I'm such a romantic who knows what I'll do lol

• Patience is a virtue man. I don't see why more people don't celebrate everything a day later. I propose we start a revolution

• Does that include birthdays lol cause I think you might get pissed at me :P

• I think Valentine's came early for her, spent a good bit on a gift already. I don't really like celebrating holidays I think randomly surprising her would mean so much more than a set date. Personally though, I don't care for it.

• $0.00 😛

• I spend a shameful amount of money on clearance chocolate the day after

• Shameful is the amount you spend on one box of chocolate before Feb 14. You're welcome to come third wheel me in the future as we shamelessly spend money on clearance chocolate

• I'm down

• Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nein. I no longer want to date American women. So fuck Valentine's day.

The holiday is just another ploy for Billionaire Zionist Jews to get your money.

• Does effort include staying at home and ordering pizza?

• First let me find a girlfriend
    Oh and everyday will be Valentine's day for her :P

• None. I have no SO and I don't buy just anyone things like that. But the best thing to do is just buy it after so you can get all the best deals like you said.

• How much effort and $ are YOU putting into it? Zero? Same here.

No man is his right mind would accept to concentrate a specific day to empty his wallet just to please some random chick he's only interested in spending 15mins at midnight with.

• No man, not same here. Despite my scheme to save some coin, I like to put a lot of effort into the people I like

• We're not actually dating but I'm sending my best friend a badass videogame themed package. I know, that's why I think making it Feb 15 is so much better lol. Random genuine surprises are better than being expected to do something nice though, no doubt.

• Then you just moved the day to the 15th. Throw Vday (Vagina day) in the garbage all together, lol. You don't need a special day to be good to each other.

• Enough to go to Disneyland.

• Zero. I feel the same way. Why spend more at Valentine's day when I can save money the next day?

• 0 $$$ 0 effort.

• I'm single, but if I had someone special I would probably write her a poem and have a candle lit dinner together then cuddle on the sofa while watching a movie.

• Vagina day

• not in a relationship at present so very little effort or money but if anything changes between now and then I might try harder

What Girls Said 11

• My SO is me so I buy myself chocolates and stuffed animals. I don't usually think about it because I just want stuff for myself 😅

• I probably would have mentioned my spouse that I am taking him out for the whole day.
    Effectively say at least from 11am - 5pm.
    Weather is very wonderful during February. So spending a nice sunny day would have been wonderful. I don't think I have to plan something super if I am not taking the person abroad. Budget would have been whatever I can afford.
    Spending had never been a factor as along as I can afford. I hope you can get the picture.

• with my last relationship, we just did a small gift exchange

• I spend about $20 on friends and I but much thought into my gifts

• I'm gonna watch some chick flicks and wipe my tears off on that day
    smh

• Well I would consider being lucky to even see eachother on that day... haha but if we were in the same town probably eating something good... then cuddle and then love. Keeping it simple

• Omg the day after V-Day is my favorite time to shop!

• I usually only buy like $20 worth 10 for him $10for me

• not any

• depends on how well I'm getting along with my brother, his bday is on feb 14th lol

• I thought you had an incest situation going on until you wrote the bday thing

• ooh you got a dirty mind girl 😋 jk, it was intended I never spent a penny on valentines day that wasn't for my brother, I don't really care about vday, Christmas, Easter and stuff anyways

• I never had a boyfriend...