How does a girl get through a single-af Valentine's Day?

I've been single my entire 18 years. I'm usually okay with that, except for on Valentine's Day. There's nothing that I can really do about it except to just take it and enjoy the day-after candy sale. It's going to seem like EVERYONE'S dating each other, it already does.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 20 and I've never had a boyfriend or Valantine but I will watch a lot's of Valentine's movies, eat a nice cake that I will bake. I will spend time with my mom.

What Guys Said 30

• I love Valentines Day. First I honor the fact that the Saint it's named after believed so much in GOD'S design of marriage that he violated a royal decree to honor GOD and love.
    Put off little things you love all year to make the day special for yourself. Travel, gifts, movies whatever will pleasently fill the day for you. On that day celebrate you. Celebrate an amazing life you get to have. And it never hurts to celebrate the same love a man who would give his life for love. If that doesn't work, Peanut M&M's will get you through just about anything.

• I'm another guy in the single league. Whenever you see them enjoying, look at yourself. You'll see someone beautiful, who is not bound to get love by someone on a specific day. And when the time is right, you'll find your one. As for Valentine's day, I love it for all the discounts I get for myself 😂😂
    Lots of love! And best of luck!
    :)

• Valentine's day is the biggest bullshit made up holiday on the calendar. There are several personal reasons I won't celebrate it. But I don't need those reasons because i just flat out refuse to partake in this horseshit. Ever notice how a $20 dozen roses goes up to $100 the week before V day? forgetaboutit

• I've had 36 single Valentines day.
    Its been bad from the beginning ever since grade school. When the teacher would say you have to bring a Valentines card to everyone. Then everyone in class would point at me and say even him? Aww man!..
    After awhile you get used to it. It's not the best feeling in the world obviously, but it could be worse trust me.

• I'm going through a single valentines day too. I however will not let myself define by my relationship status just because a day in February means "love day". Besides it's not my loss if women don't want me.

I just do what I do. I'm getting busy and valentines day is another working day for me.

• Feel lucky that they aren't a guy that needs to work his fucking ass of because of the shit to holiday that if we don't do something good for we lose our girlfriend

• If you feel that way, you need to find a different girlfriend. I love Valentine's day and I'm super enthusiastic about it, but because I have high expectations for the holiday, I also do most of the work and planning that goes into celebrating it with my boyfriend.

• Same way i do, boycott fb for the day and have a 'me day' i've been single for all ym 24 years

• Look at it this way: you don't have to waste time getting all gussied up for a crowded, over-priced dinner and pretend that you like the crappy flowers & cheap chocolates that your date gives you in the hope he can mount you at the end of the night.

• I'm sorry Valentine's Day makes you sad. I'll give you an Up Vote, maybe that will help. Hang in there.

By the way, I spent a lot of Valentine's Days alone, although it didn't really bother me that much.

• Netflix binge and pizza, but that's probably just what I'm gonna be doing

• Just like any other day. Be happy, no need to spend lol

• I'm sorry, but if you 're not ok with it on Valentine's Day it means you're not ok with it at all. Loved the profile pic by the way.

• oh im single too on valentines day, dont worry, you are not alone in that.

• Realise that a day like Valentine's day, with it's materialism, feelings of obligation to purchase gifts, can't really be about love. It's just a consumer holiday to make a shit ton of money. Being single is perfectly okay.

• Sleep in and then veg out with TV-shows and/or video games.

• Find a random guy? There is like 20 days until Valentine's day. If you care about that pile of shit just hook up with a random guy lile everybody else

• I didn't even know it was Valentine's Day, cuz I don't fucking care lol

• I've been single since ever. You'll get over it.

• Ignore it like a lot of people? I don't even know what day it is.

• Um stop giving a fuck about Valentine's Day?

• I was single till I was 21 and had 1 date in high school. Don't panic.

• Find a single friend. Have a fling.

• Question yourself why it bothered you so much that a man made holiday makes you feel less than?

• Same here but you don't see me complaining.

• Go on chaturbate and earns some $

• Same way I do for all my 20 years. Just bitch, cry, then realize there's ice cream in the freezer.

• 18 and single your whole life, me too!

• ain't different than any other day

• I've had many single valentines days in my years , not much you can do about it but being a girl does make it more easier than a guy getting a date

• Valentine's is for couples. In the end, it is just another day but because couples celebrate it around you, you feel left out or what could have been feelings. Don't let being single bring you down. Stong people have the courage to stay single and deal with their shit themselves.

What Girls Said 36

• Do something with your other single gfs. Pamper yourself. Stay in and resist looking at social media. Do something to keep busy. It's not that bad. Valentine's Day is an obligation now. It doesn't even mean anything to me anymore, guys will get girls stuff because they are "supposed" to and not because they want to make you feel special and loved. You shouldn't worry about it too much it's a fake love day and the day after they go back to getting on each other's nerves.

• Is this for real? Treat it like every other day. If you mourn singleness on Valentine's Day because you want someone to love and adore you then just be that someone. Love and adore yourself, even pamper yourself if you want. Hey, it can even be argued that you're better off not feeling pressured to put together some grand gesture for someone else. Love with a boyfriend/girlfriend will come in time, for now you get to spoil yourself with gifts.

• I've been in relationships for the last 5 Valentine's days and never celebrated it. It's just a money grabbing holiday. I don't want to pay double the price for the same meal I can get every other day of the year and everywhere is crowded AF.

It's just the same as every other day so don't feel down about it. The right guy will come along and treat you like it's valentines day every day.

• I'm twenty and been single for.. yep 20. I hear you, it's a rough day if you are feeling down. My advice? Spoil yourself. Watch a movie, take a bath, anything you like doing and don't forget about the candy sale the day after! ;) I know sometimes it can be hard, but I rather be alone than being with someone I'm not comfortable with. Don't see it as "one more day I'm single", see it as "One day less that I don't have a SO" ;)

• Celebrate by showing your appreciation for your friends and family. If you have single friends, celebrate with them. If you don't, focus on family. Make them some handmade cards, spend time with them, or talk to them on the phone. Valentine's Day is about all kinds of love, not just romance. Remind yourself that even though you're single, you have loved ones in your life. If all else fails and you're feeling sad, distract yourself with a feel- good activity such as a home spa day, movies or books that cheer you up, or visiting an animal shelter and playing with cats and dogs.

• I have had my first boyfriend at the age of 22. And I lost my virginity with him. So i was mocked by my friends to be either asexual or lesbian, and not being sexually active, and not even celebrating these stuff.

If you dont put importance on these kinds of unnecessary dates, or define yourself and your personality with having a boyfriend and celebrating a stupid consumerist day, and if you rather focus on yourself to improve your knowledge, career, or even picking a hobby and getting better at it, then you will survive.

• I tend to concentrate in the fact that it's just one more excuse for consumerism.

• When I was 21 I was single and I spent Valentine's day at a sushi buffet - I didn't have a date - I went by myself.

• I suppose don't dwell on it.

My fiance is in another state until May. I have the 13th and 14th off. I just booked myself a 2 hour massage on the 14th as my way to celebrate lol

It stings a little bit, sure, but I have a great time planned. I'm gonna get my massage and then I'm gonna come home, watch Netflix, eat popcorn, probably convince my man to Skype me (no promises) and then I'm gonna go to bed :)

• I would book a class of some kind on that day. Like a cooking class or painting or whatever interests you :) That would make the day pass faster and you'll have a great time doing something you love. Personally, staying home crying stuffing my face would only make me feel worse. Take this day to learn something new instead. Or go to your local volunteering place and see if maybe you can help out there. Serve some meals? Anything but staying home sobbing :)

• All of my single friends (guys and girls) meet up at someone's house and we have a chilled evening in with food (either I cook or Katie/Dean BBQ's stuff), alcohol (and soft drinks) then we watch comedy films (with an infinite supply of popcorn) that are on Netflix (to avoid the romance films). We all usually end up crashing there as it's easier.

• Show yourself some self love and go on a date with yourself.

• You're only 18. Have fun and don't think about the others who are in a couple. I really don't understand what is so special about this day. "Valentine's day" should be everyday. I didn't celebrate it even when I was in a relationship. Now I am single too, me and millions of other girls and I don't care. So don't care! It's just a day.

• Stay home and rewatch your favorite movies and TV shows while eating chocolate. It's what I always do.

• By not giving a shit about Valentine's day and not basing your sense of value and self esteem on your relationship.

• Attend one of those anti-valentine parties. They seem quite fun plus you might score a date since most people there are single. :)

• Chocolate, pizza, netflix, and video games.

That's my go to Single Valentine's Day recipe. Has worked for YEARS.

• It's not that hard tbh
    Just don't put so much emphasis on a single day.
    Treat it like any other day.

• I've had 8 more miserable ones than you and I can say it doesn't get easier. Sucks. But you might have a good one next year :)

• Ummm it's nothing special, just a day for couples to spend money for businessmen. I've been single for 18 years and spend it alone watching movies or series and eating junk food and hope it won't change once i have a boyfriend :)

• Just stay home and watch netflix

• I just stay home and sleep, or watch horror movies and binge eat. Just distract yourself and stay away from people

• I was single until I was 18, I just think to myself that it's just another day nothing special about it.

• Eat chocolate and watch movies.
    Go out the next day and buy more chocolate and continue.

• By staying home or going out with friends. I went out with some cousins last Valentine's day to a restaurant and the management give us a single rosee each to take home. 😄

• Find a single friend and just have fun. Valentine's Day is truly over rated.

• Have a pampering day with some movies and face masks ^^

• I always chill with friends and eat and watch SITC

• Buy chocolate for yourself, stay home, and watch Netflix. 😊

• I buy myself a box of yummy ass chocolate and spend it at home doing homework with my parents.

• More from Girls
    6