What gift for V-Day to a man who wears suits at work?

I had thought of getting him a $100 Visa giftcard for Vday but a lot of you guys said no to that lol

Now, I'm thinking of other ideas... I know he primarily wears suits to work. He is a car dealer at a dealership. I also know he likes doing the whole "cool crazy socks" under his suit thing.

Do ties come in certain sizes? I was thinking about getting him a tie with matching socks. Is that good? What else can I pair with that? YOU MEN ARE SO HARD TO SHOP FOR xD

Most Helpful Guy

• Nix on the tie plus socks, I think. Try going for a silk tie in some color you think he likes, not what you like. Also ties with stripes that slant from left shoulder to right hip are from Europe and from right shoulder to left hip are from the US. Europe has it that way so when you need to draw on a sword, you cross the sash / stripe direction and it looks good. USA did it the other way, to protest from the way England had it back in the revolutionary war days.

If you look up color and sales you can get breakdowns like this:

Red – dominance, power, confidence, attention, sexual energy;
    Black – elegance, authority, power, confidence;
    White – virtue, cleanliness;
    Gray – class, efficiency;
    Blue – trustworthiness, seriousness, intellectuality, calmness;
    Burgundy – passion, spirituality, extravagance;
    Pink – upbeat attitude, health;
    Yellow – alertness, optimism.

Of course, not everyone really cares about the tie color. The personality is much more important, but it's fun to have a little info on why you picked something. Have fun. Hope that helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree that giving him a $100 Visa gift card is not the best idea... partly because that's a lot of money for a two month relationship, partly because gift cards (as the main gift anyway) are kind of a cop out, and partly because cash gifts only make sense to me when they come from grandparents or uncles. I'd be baffled if my boyfriend gave me straight up money as a gift. Gift cards to actual stores are pushing that boundary enough for me.

I think fun socks and/or a tie are a good idea. You could also go with something edible (his favorite treat, fancy alcohol, or something a little crazy like a home brewing kit). You could also try one of those "(Fill in the blank) of the month" clubs- they have them for beer, wine, cheese, snacks, international foods, and pretty much anything you can think of. Or get him pajamas (he doesn't wear a suit to bed!), boxers, or a hat or scarf. Books, video games, board games, and puzzles also make great gifts.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• Valentine's Day gifts, for guys. . .
    Do something personal, something intimate, and special! anyone can buy a watch, of tie, or whatever.
    A special, sensual gift, intimately, between you would probably be much more special, and memorable, for him.
    Maybe some role-playing, you wanting to buy a car, and him selling them, but maybe that is too much like his work!
    What does he like? Maybe make him is favorite dinner, in something really sensual, and seductive, with a good wine?
    Or does he have some fantasy that he wants to play with you?
    When I am with a lady, I always make her favorite meal, but we make it together, drinking her favorite wine, being close, teasing, touching, and loving every little bit of it!! We eat together, settled on the couch, watching some Girlie Movie she loves, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
    Personal, intimate 'gifts' are always better than any card, or other thing!!
    Valentine's is about love, and loving, so make it something personal, and sensual, and you won't regret it!! :)

• Worse comes to worse, do the gift card. (If you can't think of anything) I think when people criticize it they are saying it isn't the perfect gift, but no one is ever going to be like: Gosh dangit you only gave me MONEY or $100 for a v-day gift? I think that says you reeeeeeeaallly like him, because its kind of hard to give up that much money on a partner, especially for v-day. I'd say at most do $50, some chocolate (or his favorite candy) and a literal back massage. I think guys are almost always pleasantly surprised or thankful for whatever gift they get as long as it isn't an objectively bad gift that has nothing to do with the holiday.

I don't know, I just always expect a meh gift. My girlfriend got me a stuffed leamer last valentines day, and it was more of a cool, this gift doesn't suck. (She noticed that I really liked leamurs ) As long as you put any effort in and try to go above and beyond average, you're golden.

• I wouldn't want a tangible gift, I'd rather it be physical. If it were me I'd say the gift card would be more "suitable" for birthdays

• A tie might piss him off as cliche, the Visa gift card might seem patronizing and socks would be disappointing.
    I'd get him a date from you if you really like him. Just get him a gift box with a card inside saying he gets a free date with you anywhere/anytime.

• Do not get him a tie. Us guys who wear suits have enough ties. It does depend what kind of relationship u have with him. If u are in a gf/bf relationship or really good close friends get him a nice watch or something personal that u both enjoy like a game or something intimate. Maybe it is someone u just know I think a gift card is fine or take him out to lunch or something.

• Its Valentine's day not Christmas... It doesn't have to be something expensive just something to let him know you are thinking of him.

• Men are hard to shop for? Hardly. He will be happy with anything you get him if if you follow it up with...

• Tie, watch, suit, socks... crap.

Hand-made card, flowers... crap.

Make time, dress up, plan out a nice evening for him.
    Take the charge for the day!
    Show him, that you are 1 person that is very worth than other things.

Long story short,
    Make time, dress up, plan out a nice evening for him, eat, play, drink, do something adventurous.. upto you and him.

Happy V-day in advance :)

• Aha you made it more generic. Nice.

If he's not already rocking top tier shoes like Alden shell cordovan, I'd get him the VISA and tell him about those.

• Who would say no to $100...

Nice shoes would probably be the easiest thing to get him

• Well he didn't say no, but some GAGers said it was too much because we've been dating for maybe 2 months right now.

• That's silly to me, if I was your boyfriend I would be like "Sweet, thanks babe" instead of overanalyzing it.

Or just a $100 sock fund so he can pick it himself

I don't know... :- )

• Some sort of tie?

• A crazy Pocket Watch maybe?

• If he loves you then he shouldn't care whatever gift he gets. in my opinion, if someone buys me a sock, Im happy

• wow so much thought put into that gift. what if he just got you a gift card for v day

• Give him you v-card.

• Nothing beats a good blowjob from the one you love.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you are over thinking this. V Day is very special especially for those in deep relationships and in many cases just a very nice quiet evening together with a nice dinner some flowers and gifts like bracelets (men's bracelet) with a special message etched on them.

• Haha I overthink a lot when it comes to gifts for anyone. I want them to be perfect to make the receiver truly happy :3 A bracelet is a great idea! Didn't even think of that... and I think I might just get him a nice one instead of all this other stuff. Thank you :)

• You are welcome and I'd bet the farm that he will love it!

• What about a nice watch?