Ideas for a single Valentine's day?

I broke up with my abusive boyfriend last year on Valentine's day and been single since then. He was the worst and I went through hell and came back. So now Valentine's coming and I am as single as one can get, any ideas of how to have fun?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to give you a congrats for making the decision to leave someone who was abusive to you.

What I do has changed a little each year, depending on what day it falls on.

I've been single for a very long time. But I've gone out with other single friends, gone to movies, gone to restaurants, worked at night... I am assuming that since it falls on Tuesday, I will be in for most of the day except for work... so I may just try to relax.

Most Helpful Girl

• Look at you, you're coming up on your liberation day!! That's awesome, good for you!

I think the day you got free of a toxic relationship is totally worth celebrating. Maybe have a girls night with other single friends, or if you want to do something by yourself, treat yourself to something pamper-y and self loving that you enjoy. Spa day? Pedicure? Double feature at the movies? I don't know you, so I don't know the kinds of things you like, but whatever "pamper yourself" and "celebrate" mean to you... do that!

Whatever you do, give yourself a big pat on the back for 1- knowing that you needed out of that relationship, and 2- getting out successfully. You did a great thing for yourself, and it shows a lot of character and strength. Be proud of that!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• First off, give yourself a big ol' "HELL YEA!" for getting out of the abusive relationship. Next, get yourself a gift, something that will make you feel pampered and loved: spa day, pedicure, massage, something that is 100% about you bought on your own dime that you full well deserve.

Next, surround yourself with as much love as you can: family, single friends, whatever. Tell 'em you get to celebrate being your OWN Valentine and you wanna do it with them.

• The only idea I give you is get dressed and go out to a bar/club and have some fun who knows maybe you will meet someone there who is also there by themselves and it will put your mind at ease and you won't dwell on what happened last year plus you will better just hanging an having a little fun without the worries

• Hmm I've always been single and Valentine's Day has always been just another day for me. But I think being single is better than having an abusive boyfriend so I think you should enjoy it whatever you do. Sorry that you had to go through so much!

• Lifting weight or running a 10-15km nothing better than hitting a pr and working fucking hard to get a sense of achievment and enjoy yourself 😄

• get some of your single girlfriends together and go to a nice dinner and dessert after somewhere else.

• Get a life outside there, its simple, so many things you can do and figure it out.
    If you're still remembering about him you're not trying to move on from him, there are many boys that will treat you correctly.

Go find the right one, Move on!
    Have a good life outside your door.

• I never had girlfriend, so I am always alone on Valentines day 😁

• Just invite your single friends
    or best thing enjoy with your family

• get a pedicure. it's awesome. if you have access to and want something memorable, go skydiving too.

• well, i have an idea, but, supposedly you're not allowed to swear on answers

What Girls Said 6

• Oh i got loads.
    Get all of your single friends and have a sleep over.
    Go to an amusement park and have fun
    Go to a club or party and dance your heart out.
    Go to the beach and feel the breeze (its probably cold in america right now. My bad) borrow someones dog and play with it
    Watch movies all day
    Send random texts to strangers
    I know theyre all stupid, but you never know the fun you'll have unless you try it

• treat yourself; whether that means a spa day, indulging in a bottle of vino and eight full hours of your favourite show, or organizing a dinner/adventure/activity of choice with your other single friends, do it and enjoy it.

most importantly, remember that v-day is just another opportunity to celebrate the person you love most: you.

• Watch movies and be glad he's not abusing you

• Movies, picnic with your friends, dance club or a pub. A good book xD

• do things that make you happy

• Show yourself some self love and take yourself on a date