Tips for saying "I love you"?

Okay so my boyfriend and I have been together for a while, but we've never said "I love you" to each other. I really think I feel this way towards him, and with Valetine's Day, I think it'll be the perfect time to confess my feelings to him. Now... how should I do this? Any tips? Is there a particular "moment" I should wait for to say it, or should I just do it? I'm a little timid and insecure, so being really forward about my feelings isn't very easy for me, especially since I have this tiny little fear that he won't reciprocate.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Well it shouldn't come out of the blue, in the sense that you shouldn't do it when you two are in the middle of something. I'd say you should just get him to walk somewhere with you, and when you two are in private ask for his attention. When he's focused on you, admit that there is something you have to confess. Then say it.

• Buy a Valentine's day greeting card that says I love you in it. Make sure he reads the card.

What Girls Said 12

• Just go for it, sometimes the only way this gets said is when one person blurts it out in a moment of uncharacteristic courage. There is no moment really, there's just you and him and the feeling that it's as good a time as any. If you've been together for a while (meaning more than 6 months I'm guessing) then you shouldn't worry about him not reciprocating, he's with you for some reason right? My personal favourite method if you're looking for romantic; give him a kiss and look him the eyes and tell him. For nerves, try staying on your feet or drinking something cold, just something to keep you alert. I hope everything works out for you guys!

• Be blunt as fuck. "I am in love with you" it doesn't need a moment. It doesn't need to be big. In a random silence, just come out and say it

• How long is awhile?

• Nearly 6 months now

• Seems like y'all are both scared to say it. Don't force it. It's hard to be the first because you don't know how they'll react. Valentine's Day is centered around love so see how he acts. Don't be afraid to be first. Just feel him out.

• Okay awesome, thank you a bunch!

• Just be honest. No prepared speech or premeditated moment will make your honesty any more or less effective. Just come out with it, when you two are alone together, and say "_______, I am in love with you."

• Say it whenever you feel like saying it. I think anytime would be good since he's your boyfriend.

• its mix tape time. make a mix tape of his favorite songs and then on the CD write I love you as if that's the title that you gave the mix tape

• I think you should make a playlist, which just expreses your feelings for him and the playlist name would be "I love you" <3 Hope you have a magical name <3

• Be spontaneous, get him a nice gift nothing that too much but something he'll love, and if ur too nervous right a note saying it, But if u aren't then say it be confident if he didn't want u he wouldn't have been there that long with u

• I would wait for him to say it. He may not be ready to say it. Putting him on the spot may actually push him away.

• But what if the senario was reversed? As in, what if he was ready to say it and I wasn't, and he said he loved me anyway? Wouldn't it be best just to do it rather than wait to say it? Either of us could be uncomfortable with it, but if we feel that way I feel like I need to say it at some point, right?

• I'd wait for an intimate moment. Not as in sex but just when you are cuddling or something. Whenever you feel that lovey dovey moment. Like if you're just sitting there, grab his hand, say his name to get his attention and then look him in the eyes and just say it.

My boyfriend was actually the first one to say it. We were fooling around a little and he pulled me close towards him and said it in like a frustrated moan. The look on his face when he realized what he had said lol. I think he was a bit like "oh shit I hope she didn't hear me because I don't want to scare her off". I was like "What did you just say?" and he didn't say anything. I said "Do you really mean that?" and he got all shy and timid. He said he'd been thinking it for a while and kept wanting to say it but thought it was a little "crazy" and I wouldn't say it back. So I said it back and admitted that I had been thinking the same thing the night before. He then said it again that night when we were going to sleep :)

• don't say it show it

• Just tell him. Do something romantic with him and you will feel when the right time is. Just say "I have something I have been wanting to tell you... I love you" or something like that. And if it doesn't go well don't worry. My boyfriend and I were long distance at the time he first told me. He called me on the phone and said "I love you" and I literally said "umm thanks" and we hung up. I had to call him right back to tell him I loved him too. We are still together happily (and no longer LD) and we have many times since had much more romantic times telling each other we love each other. So long story short, even if it doesn't go perfect or if something awkward happens, it isn't the end of the world or even your relationship.

• Okay, this really helps. Thanks!